What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dogs accept compensation offer for SBW.

The grumpy old man thing has been done to death, EA. In fact I think you have lost a bit over the years. You were a lot wittier at one stage.

What is your alternative if the "money is a cop-out"? What else could the Bulldogs have got out of this besides money? And if you are whinging about the amount of money then that is hypocritical.

As for my nickname, it is easts rugby club. I also go for the roosters and knights in rugby league.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the Tigers' season, EA.

Bravo. You tell it like it is. EA has lost it.

The grumpy old man thing has been done to death, EA.

So has the "I'm not really a troll" thing.

You're a troll in TFC but not in the NRL section apparently..

In fact I think you have lost a bit over the years. You were a lot wittier at one stage.

Well, that put me in my place.

What is your alternative if the "money is a cop-out"? What else could the Bulldogs have got out of this besides money? And if you are whinging about the amount of money then that is hypocritical.

What part of "I don't care what you think" are you struggling with?

As for my nickname, it is easts rugby union club. I also go for the roosters and knights in rugby league.

I fixed that.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the Tigers' season, EA.

I always do.

so, there is a morality and integrity fire sale at bulldogs central..

club honour will go to the lowest bidder.

onya sonny, if it had gone through the courts the dogs would have got their cheap arses kicked..

I think this goes to show just how weak ass rugby league is.

You know, you could hold the mos powerful rifle in the world, deadly as sin, but in the hands of a sissy, weak-minded man, that rifle would be dropped at the first sign of danger, rendering it a non-deadly weapon.

such is league.

DOR is losing faith - fast

What a load of sh*t

Should of got the remainder of his contract ($2m) + damages

Yep, if true the Dogs/NRL have folded badly as far as I'm concerned. We could have sent a strong message but instead we sent a message that it's ok to go mid-contract as long as you put a penny in the money box.

Mark, let's be honest, you're worse than a troll, you're a gimp with net access.

There isn't a troll here whose posts aren't worthier than yours. You make roosterphin look like the most interesting person on the planet.

I don't know who you're talking to, and after that, I continue to believe what I wrote about you.

Whatever you had- its goooooowwwwnnnnn!....

Yep, if true the Dogs/NRL have folded badly as far as I'm concerned. We could have sent a strong message but instead we sent a message that it's ok to go mid-contract as long as you put a penny in the money box.

lol

thats not what this is about.

you are very cynical today.

this is about getting something out of the whole situation, some kind of compensation, because if it goes to the courts there is no guarantee plus the legal fees add up.

one must weigh up the end amount versus the cost.

why go to court on honour? the bulldogs cant afford that. this is about money.

and I call to nrl clubs again - get more money! douchbags...

lol

thats not what this is about.

you are very cynical today.

this is about getting something out of the whole situation, some kind of compensation, because if it goes to the courts there is no guarantee plus the legal fees add up.

one must weigh up the end amount versus the cost.

why go to court on honour? the bulldogs cant afford that. this is about money.

and I call to nrl clubs again - get more money! douchbags...

I'm always cynical.

There was a groundswell of support for the Dogs on this one that is gone if this story is true. It certainly looks like the easy way out, after a lot of tough talk.

I hated the Dogs, then I didn't hate them, now I hate them again. ;-)

I'm always cynical.

There was a groundswell of support for the Dogs on this one that is gone if this story is true. It certainly looks like the easy way out, after a lot of tough talk.

I hated the Dogs, then I didn't hate them, now I hate them again. ;-)

Yeah, you're always cynical?

LOL....I used to try the same mind play on chicks (and it works every time) when we were in the car and I was listening to my rock music, and she was like "turn it down" and I was like "Get used to it, this is what I'm always like." She would lap it up even if she didnt like it, because it made me look more a man and hotter.

It was true, get with the program, love, kind of talk, but it was total bullsh*t all the same.

I call crap on you pal....you're always cynical?

Get outta here, you're always covering for some failing/hiding something (which is to get rises out of guys on a forum).

Be real.
____

I agree with the rest of what you say however.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
what was Sonny's contract with bulldogs worth anyway? 200k a season?

over the remaining 4 years that'd be 800 thou, getting 750 is not a bad result really.

Yeah, you're always cynical?

LOL....I used to try the same mind play on chicks (and it works every time) when we were in the car and I was listening to my rock music, and she was like "turn it down" and I was like "Get used to it, this is what I'm always like." She would lap it up even if she didnt like it, because it made me look more a man and hotter.

It was true, get with the program, love, kind of talk, but it was total bullsh*t all the same.

I call crap on you pal....you're always cynical?

Get outta here, you're always covering for some failing/hiding something (which is to get rises out of guys on a forum).

Be real.
____

I agree with the rest of what you say however.

Mate, if I felt the need to read a complete post of yours that had more than one sentence I'd kill myself.

Take it elsewhere, we're full up of stupid already.

Loudstrat

Coach
SBW's contract was, I think, 400k per season.
This mornings papers state Greenberg putting A$300k on the legal bill so far. So they saved a season, and a second hand Pajero.

Also interesting is the simmering tension between Greenberg and Gallop over the NRL's assurance that they would cover the legal costs, Sounds like someone higher up the News Ltd food chain has vetoed Gallop. Canterbury probably had no choice.

Result:

• NRL's guarantee to help Sydney clubs survive is hollow:
  • Inglis has the green light to skip League aka SBW
  • A Rugby League contract is worthless.
A very sad day for the code indeed. Still, if this doesn't galvanise the beginnings of a coup against the evil News emipre running our code, I dunno what will.

Either that, or they will introduce line outs and body fat for the 2009 season.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So by having his contract nulled, the Dogs have freed up 400k in their salary cap over the next 4 years as well as picking up an extra 750k which has paid the legal costs and given them a few hundred thou left over.

I don't think they've done too badly in the end, given this could have been a hell of a lot more expensive and damaging to the game.

eastsrule

Bench
So by having his contract nulled, the Dogs have freed up 400k in their salary cap over the next 4 years as well as picking up an extra 750k which has paid the legal costs and given them a few hundred thou left over.

I don't think they've done too badly in the end, given this could have been a hell of a lot more expensive and damaging to the game.

Bingo.

ozbash

Referee

there ws more than $750k at stake though, there was a principal.
The mutts said SBW would never play again, league, union, soccer, backgammon. The NRL said they'd back the doggies.

When push comes to shove, Toulon asked what was the dogs price and the answer was there before they finished asking the question...

dog credibility at an all time low.

Mason/Anasta/Shrek will be pissing themselves.

Latest posts