What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs need to start approaching quality players

ShineDog

Juniors
With the more recent losses of Tonga, Mason, O'Meley, and Sherwin ...the Dogs must have some good coin available to buy a quality player or two for the 09 season.

Do you know of any players coming of contract that would suit our side??
We currently have a solid team but appear to be lacking one or two rep players.
( Even with the rumour that Maitua may want out at the end of the yr, this means we must have some good cash).

Dogs 2009
=======
1. Patten
2. Nanai / Utai
3. Winitana
4. Millard
5. El Masri / Emileo
6. Roberts
7. Holdsworth
8. Hickey
9. Hughes
10. Cleal
11. S.B.Williams
12. Ryan (c)
13. Te Maari
==
14. Armit
15. D. Williams
16. Sullivan
17. Morrin / Kouparitsas
==

Coach : Folkes ( I hope )..or ( Moore ).

Surely we have the money for a another rep player or two do you know of a quality player the Dogs may be interested in????

Ridders

Coach
we'll definitely have the coin, depend who's out there. Tonga isn't too big a loss as we have Millard in the wings. Our forwards may not seem like quality, but they can get the job done. What we really need is to buy a good hooker, surely this will be Hughes last season.

ShineDog

Juniors
WOULD ANY OF THESE OFF CONTRACT PLAYERS FIT INTO THE ABOVE DOGS TEAM...

- Cameron Smith, Anthony Tupou , Dallas Johnson, Brett White, Ben Cross, Luke Lewis, Steve Price, Jamie Soward, Rangi Chase.

Would be great to finally buy a Rooster!!

Smartman

Juniors
Flanagan would be good
Toupou for the right price
Jennings would be awesome but hes still got a year left

Hanscholo

Bench
ShineDog said:

- Cameron Smith, Anthony Tupou , Dallas Johnson, Brett White, Ben Cross, Luke Lewis, Steve Price, Jamie Soward, Rangi Chase.

You need Smith, but he will go to QLD. You also need halves, but those two arent any better than what you have. I suggest you do what Folkes is good at, and thats raid some talent from reserve grade sides that have a future.

jimmythehand

Juniors
I'm actually not too unhappy with dropsworth and woeberts. Sure they're inconsisent and prone to errors but I've seen enough to suggest that they can do a lot for our side. I don't mind if they fumble and bumble their way through the season, we still make the semis and all of a sudden they turn in blinders. They've definitely got the potential to be match winners on the day.

Roberts has already shown this year that he can string a great 80 minutes of football together, and Holdsworth showed he could do it a couple of years ago. Didn't we fall apart in the semis once holdsworth went off injured (against the broncs maybe?).

They're still both young and could turn out to be very good for us. Of course there's every chance they won't, but let's give them a good chance and see

ibrmo01

Juniors
last year i posted a comment about what we need to win another premiership...it was along the lines, a whole new backline (pritty much) nad corey gone..as well as anew coach...

as cruel as it sounds i hope utai stays injured....winitana is doing great....im not upset tonga is oging...as that s part of the cleanup....and with Willie & Omeley gone we are much better off...that money will be a better investment in the backline starting with 7&6...patten is the only decent thing we have going ...el-masri is doing good ....Tonga, guys please dont be fooled, hes only pplaying good cause he was trying to secure a deal with the cowboys....remember ANASTA?????how good was he playing when they were talking new deal else where....

We just need to buy some new talent...along with the lower ranks..give them a chance...this year is for trial...and if we get far...well thats real enthusiasm...

FOLKES to go!!!!!!!!!I dont know who would be a good coach at this stage to be honest...and i dont know what people's tohught of Moore are...i heard Mortimer's name being tossed around a few times as well....but whoever iti s we need to get ti right....

I must admit thoguh we are playing better footy than we were when those big monkeys were still around...

Wobbygong

First Grade
You really needed to hire a coach with some profile.

As highly rated as Kevin Moore (if he gets the job) might be, by the powers that be internally, to most top quality players on the market, he's an untested at NRL level Nuffy. You will end up having to pay big money to maybe get some middle of the road solid NRL players I doubt you'll be able to attract any high profile stars. Folau & Cooper have already knocked back approaches so you obviously have plenty of coin, but there is a bit of a smell of death around at the Dogs and off contract players pick up on things like that.

W.Smith

Juniors
The Dogs are after Cooper and the Morris twins from Saints arent they, theyd be good gains well Cooper would im still not convinced about the twins being rated so highly

Abz

Juniors
The Dogs are after Cooper and the Morris twins from Saints arent they, theyd be good gains well Cooper would im still not convinced about the twins being rated so highly

Why should we keep going after Dragons players? We've already got:

• Patten
  • Big Charlie
  • Big Charlie's little bro
  • Holdsworth (or Dropsworth)
  • Millard
  • Millards little bro
  • Ex player Grimaldi
Why would we want another 3 (Cooper, Morris boys) - I'm happy with the juniors coming through and some of the new youngsters in the team (Winitana, Nanai) - we don't need Morris boys or Cooper in the team.

2009 Backline:

1. Patten
2. El Masri
3. Millard
4. Winitana
5. Nanai
6. Roberts/Barba
7. Groom/Barba

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
We have quality juniors coming through

El Masri will not be playing in 09 as he will be 33 and IMO thats just to old for a winger

We have R.Millard coming through who can play both full back and out on the wings

Nani and wini are coming along pretty well

Jamie Clark will be the replacement for corey hughes

Tamati Nathan will be in the mix sometime next season

Daniel Holdsworth will get a release end of the season with aaron groom coming up

Barba still has a year to develop his game before he can coe up to FG

TBH if we look at across all our juniors there is plenty to look forward to

ozzie

Bench

They are smart enough not to go to Canterbury

Latest posts