What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs to Re-sign MASON

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Maybe we might have to look outside the square, but considering we havent signed any big names surely we have alot to throw at Berrigan = we should/hopefully get him

MightySharks

Bench
I would be shocked if we got Berrigan.Maybe we can give him a job like Vagana. I know a couple of blokes in here that would let him borrow thier "tools" anytime he needed them.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Sutho_Sharks said:
Maybe we might have to look outside the square, but considering we havent signed any big names surely we have alot to throw at Berrigan = we should/hopefully get him

Even on acid looking outside the square-
Berrigan won't solve our problems in the pack.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
MightySharks said:
I would be shocked if we got Berrigan.Maybe we can give him a job like Vagana. I know a couple of blokes in here that would let him borrow thier "tools" anytime he needed them.

You'll have to get in line behind your mate though

Sutho_Sharks said:
Ill take Berrigan first.......

Dogaholic

First Grade
black_dot said:
here's this bizarre chain of thought again, that Mason would be an adequate replacement for Stevens, he would not have even been a replacement for stevens at all, Mason is a 2nd rower all day long. He won't take the pill coming off our own line, he won't get stuck in up the guts for the first 20 minutes/

If we got mason we would have STILL required a front rower, just like we do now.

Did you happen to watch the 2004 GF? He was playing in the Prop forward position.

Alan Shore

First Grade
If we have no Mason we can now afford to give Berrigan an offer he can't refuse.

We need at least one recruit!

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
If we have no Mason we can now afford to give Berrigan an offer he can't refuse.

We need at least one recruit!

Why?

Spend huge money on a position that's not in desparate need or rather spend all our money on a position we need but not for 400k a year for a centre surely.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
We would have the most expensive centres ever to play together. One aussie centre, one kiwi centre, in theory sounds great. We may aswell throw some gold specs in their boots aswell just like Sharipova.

Alan Shore

First Grade
You need to pay what it takes. We have plenty of cap space.

Manly payed double overs for Kite and Kennedy, look how dramatic the change was for them!

And we NEED a back. Mellor even if he continues on will miss plenty of games like ET in 2000.

black_dot

Juniors
In Sign on fee up front Been There, but he will be one of the dogs two "star" players that attract $50K more a year from outside sponsorship deals, so only dropping $20K really.

What you're saying is that we didn't pay him $500K like he was asking, he got to stay at the dogs for $430K payments under the cap and $50K in sponsors benefit.

Pretty easy decision, stay where you are , it takes far more than $20K to lure a player away from their current club. If the dogs paid him that money then we would need to have forked out at least $530K a year for him, way too much.

Good riddance to the very idea of the big lard coming to our fine club.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Lets offer Berry the whole 1.2 mil left in our cap then! At least then maybe we'll sign someone!

Lets not use our brain and think for a second because its quite obvious thats not what I meant.

As for your idea and Snoops that Mason was forced away by Raper somehow, from what Ive heard:

* We offered $375 -> Dogs offered $450 = it was a money issue, not cos of Raper
* As I stated, other things had an influence on him - eg Family, not wanting change etc

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Sutho_Sharks said:
As for your idea and Snoops that Mason was forced away by Raper somehow, from what Ive heard:

Sutho please find my quote saying it was the 'Raper" factor. I would really like to see something I did'nt write:lol:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sutho_Sharks said:
Lets not use our brain and think for a second because its quite obvious thats not what I meant.

* We offered $375 -> Dogs offered $450 = it was a money issue, not cos of Raper
* As I stated, other things had an influence on him - eg Family, not wanting change etc

That is way out. WAY out.

Dog's offered $375k + $50 "star" player sponsorship allowance.

Our offer was at $400k when that happened last Monday. Stayed that way till the weekend. We then went to $450k which was supposed to be the budget. When Mason called and said he would sign with the 'Dogs we then went over budget and offered $40k in "star" sponsorship allowance THIS MORNING. That's why the 1.00 pm announcement didn't come.

That's $490k as against $425k.

I bet my source is better than your cleaning lady too.

It's not only Raper that is an anti attractant. It's the whole club minus the CEO. The board interferes. They stick their nose in football club matters, coaches are inequitable and players talk to prospective recruits.

Keep fluffing along though. It'll become clear to you eventually I suppose.

Latest posts