What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs to Re-sign MASON

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Correction for you then Snoop

I can only put it down to one thing.........THE CLUB

Apologies but still, I dont think its the clubs fault.

As for the 490k, we offered it this morning in a last ditched effort, it was never going to work if he has already made his mind up and committed to the doggies offer, so realistically we only offered 450k which was equal to the doggies and well its quite obvious you dont move on a good thing.

All in all, I think blaming Raper is totally unfounded unless you can DIRECTLY prove its his fault - ie Find a player who has said they dont want to join just because of Raper, unlikely........because thats not the reason!

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
Sutho_Sharks said:
As for your idea and Snoops that Mason was forced away by Raper somehow, from what Ive heard

Ok so this post is a bit of a noodle scratcher. It starts with a quote from me and then goes onto say that Snoops & I said the reason Mason didn't sign was cause of Raper.

Can anyone find a post where I said that? I know Snoops has already denied it!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Sutho_Sharks said:
All in all, I think blaming Raper is totally unfounded unless you can DIRECTLY prove its his fault - ie Find a player who has said they dont want to join just because of Raper, unlikely........because thats not the reason!

Mate who said it??? I dont recall anyone blaming Raper for zilch signings.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
I dont recall anyone blaming Raper for zilch signings.

Short memory?

Mason probably realised that he wouldn't be in the "pet brigade," and couldn't win another premiership with a bloke in charge who doesn't know how to coach.

Theres someone! Maybe I went out on a limb for naming other people, but it seemed that they had implied it. Also, by saying the 'club' was to blame is a large generalisation which could have included Raper!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sutho_Sharks said:
Correction for you then Snoop

Apologies but still, I dont think its the clubs fault.

As for the 490k, we offered it this morning in a last ditched effort, it was never going to work if he has already made his mind up and committed to the doggies offer, so realistically we only offered 450k which was equal to the doggies and well its quite obvious you dont move on a good thing.

$425k does not equal $450k you dimwit!

Even BEFORE today we had more to spend and Mason and his manager would of known it.

Your committment theory doesn't wash either. What happned last time Mason was off contract?

Dr. Funkenstein

Juniors
It's not only Raper that is an anti attractant. It's the whole club minus the CEO. The board interferes. They stick their nose in football club matters, coaches are inequitable and players talk to prospective recruits.

not having a go at you but why is Raper an anit-attractant?

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Could have, should have BUT DIDNT

And it was notedin response #81

425k does not equal $450k you dimwit!

Even BEFORE today we had more to spend and Mason and his manager would of known it.

Your committment theory doesn't wash either. What happned last time Mason was off contract?

I really dont care about the technicalities, fact is, hes gone. My gripe is with your "dimwitted" opinion that Raper is the cause of it, its ridiculous and spits in the face of a man who has converted this club into a premiership contender.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors

Good question! Maybe its because he converted our team from a bunch of no-hopers to a Premiership possibility? Or maybe because he converted the likes of Covell, Maiava etc into 1st grade quality players? These are REAL negatives.....

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
Sutho you gibberin' idiot, what are you on about?

Who do you think I am? I can confirm that I only post under this name. Get your facts straight before you accuse someone of logging on under different names just to talk to themselves.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Dr. Funkenstein said:

1) He is unproven at NRL level from the point of view of players that don't him.

2) He has a similar, very similar in fact, personality to Ando. He is fixed in his ideas and inflexible in his approach to some players. This is not a new observation, I wrote this on this forum before he started.

3) His game plan is that of a novice. Players coming to the club watch the games and see this.

4) He has demonstrated inequity in selections and poor people skills when dealing with dropping players. He only has to do this once and the talk gets around.

It can all be improved I supposed but he's proved nothing yet

I don't for one minute think this team is a premiership contender. More holes in it than Swiss cheese.

black_dot

Juniors
OKeeee Dokeeee

So MAson is gone. Stating the obvious we are desperately short of one big , proven pack monster for next season, possibly two.

But I have a feeling maybe our signing might come from another position. God I want it to be berrigan but will have a guess about either Mat Peterson from the eels or eric Growth Junior.

black_dot

Juniors
Still not signed according to greg alexander on 2ue tonight mate, he enquired with parra about john morris and petersons contract situation, he reported that morris was signed again and eric growth had not yet come to terms with them, and the it was looking like cap restrictions would see peterson leaving to another club.

saw Eric Growth at the leagues club last week too.