What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dolphins vs Dolphin wannabes – the battle gains momentum

hop

Juniors
Eelectrica said:
mightybears said:
the issue is about that redcliffe and the gold coast will be in the same market [for sponsors/football fans/coverage etc]

Redcliffe is north of Brisbane, the Gold coast is about an hour south of Brisbane, therefore they are NOT in the same market.

cheers for just proving why central coast isnt in the same market as newcastle or any of the sydney team's markets!

:D

Eelectrica

Referee
t-ba the hutt said:
Marketing, The Allocation of clubs, it all ties in. The GC bid should have chosen a name not associated with one of the Worlds great Rugby League clubs.
The Miami Dolphins are one of the Worlds great rugby league clubs?

mightybears

Bench
electrica
i live in brisbane and am well aware where redcliffe and the gold coast are in relation to each other
i stand by my comments re markets, and if it goes to court it will be interesting

eventhough i want the bears back in 2006 i am not anti gold coast, i just think it was unprofessional to pick the name of a qld cup team that they will not have as their feeder team [i assume it will be burleigh]

i know the people picked dolphins but they werent give much choice
i voted for chargers because i considered they'd never want dolphins because of the very issue we are on about

Eelectrica

Referee
mightybears said:
electrica
i live in brisbane and am well aware where redcliffe and the gold coast are in relation to each other
i stand by my comments re markets, and if it goes to court it will be interesting

eventhough i want the bears back in 2006 i am not anti gold coast, i just think it was unprofessional to pick the name of a qld cup team that they will not have as their feeder team [i assume it will be burleigh]

i know the people picked dolphins but they werent give much choice
i voted for chargers because i considered they'd never want dolphins because of the very issue we are on about

I'm not anti Central Coast either. A lot of these current problems wouldn't be an issue if the original plan of the Bears playing at Central coast worked without a hitch.

Regards this topic though, I've long believed that a new team on the Gold Coast should be called the Dolphins. I've believed that long before it was official and will continue to do so regardless of the final outcome this whole thing with Redcliff.

I do live on the Gold Coast and have been to most of the trial games since 2002. Even the Dragons V Bulldogs game this year.

I'm not going to say more on this topic because some of our questions will be answered on Monday and a will hopefully put a lot of these debates to bed once and for all.

mightybears

Bench
we will call time on this one, at least till monday!
good luck my gold coast dolphin friend!
may we both have a good 16 August

Bengal

Juniors
From what I’ve seen so far, it looks like the Dolphin fans are going to be every bit as arrogant and up-themselves as the Rooster fans as evidenced by the fact that they don’t give a rats about the proud tradition of another League club, which is just up the road to boot!
Whatever the case the Dolphins name doesn’t inspire me one bit – too prissy for my liking.

Latest posts