What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dom Young

The Clan

Juniors
Hi, I coached Dom in the Huddersfield Giants Scholarship and Academy
A year before he signed for the Knights he was all set to go to Melbourne for a few weeks, he picked up an injury and it never happened.
Rest assured though, he’s on Bellamy’s and Melbournes radar

PhilGould

Bench
Been saying for months that he’s being terribly misused. He’s by far our best young prospect but I wouldn’t blame him one bit if he takes off for a team that has a clue what to do with him. Hope I’m wrong and he’s a Knight for a long time but wouldn’t be shocked if he signs elsewhere after November 1 and the club just lets him go early rather than continuing to develop him for another year.

Regardless of position I hope the focus in the off-season is learning how to tackle properly. Given his athleticism and physicality in attack there’s no reason that he can’t be at least decent, but it seems like he often shies away from contact in defence. Either that or he just has awful technique but some of his attempts this year have been laughable. I’ve found his reads to be pretty decent most of the time considering the players he’s being asked to cover for which is a good sign. The leap he made physically with yardage runs from last season to this season was huge, I reckon he can be one of the better outside backs in the comp soon if he makes a similar leap in defence. A plan in attack that actually allows him to touch the ball occasionally would help too.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I’d love to see him get a crack at fullback. I reckon he’d make errors for sure but his overall ability to make up for them is incredible. His kick returns would be insane.

Yosh

Coach
I’d love to see him get a crack at fullback. I reckon he’d make errors for sure but his overall ability to make up for them is incredible. His kick returns would be insane.

Hoy is crap at everything and makes mistakes so no loss there.

newyboy

Juniors
Given his athleticism and physicality in attack there’s no reason that he can’t be at least decent,
What i have been saying for 20 years. Thousands of guys walking around the USA who are better athletes than anyone in the NRL with no outlet as they couldn't make the NFL. Even if 1% of them make it in the NRL, that's still 100 players.

Latest posts