What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DON’T. BLOW. KISSES. And other karma tales

soc123_au

Staff member
I spent the whole first half asking why they weren't doing all the things they did well every other game and won. Not just on Nathan but, Api looked like he'd never met his forwards before the game and they took 65 minutes to get to know each other.
The first hour was very frustrating. We couldn't buy a call in the first half & they seemed to drop their bundle. I'm not using the ref's as a reason to why we lost, if they stayed composed and did what they have done all year I believe the result is different regardless of the officials. Good teams overcome bad calls. Gus saying we were on top at 16 - 0 wasn't that far off. Just couldn't get it done on the scoreboard.

GongPanther

Referee
He is busy polishing his RLPA player of the year award in between playing hide the sausage with the tik toc girls. He aint got time for where's Wally.

Also just for future reference, "reading" implies you are using books with words. I'm sure you will get there one day. It's good to see you are having a go.
Crayons included.

AJB1102

First Grade
The first hour was very frustrating. We couldn't buy a call in the first half & they seemed to drop their bundle. I'm not using the ref's as a reason to why we lost, if they stayed composed and did what they have done all year I believe the result is different regardless of the officials. Good teams overcome bad calls. Gus saying we were on top at 16 - 0 wasn't that far off. Just couldn't get it done on the scoreboard.

I was with 3 mates. 2 of us laughed when Gus said that, 2 agreed with him.

I felt 22 down at halftime was just too much, 16 I woulda said they're capable. f**k if they play like Penrith from any of their last 18 they probably win it or at least make it an awesome grand final.

GongPanther

Referee
You've been very humble in defeat mate but we all know RLPA awards mean f**k all and tik tok will feed the Chin Jr as much minge as he can handle and they don't care who won. Fact is he pulled up short last night for Penrith.

I think he's go a tad of improvement in him though.
Sound points although I'm sure most of us knew we were going to be up against it in playing a bloody good team in the Storm. They played to their strengths, and capitalised on our stupid and lazy mistakes.

A game of two contrasting halves which we will learn from, and will only make us a much better and more mature side for next season.

It'll be interesting how the Penrith players back up for the SOO after such a deflating yet narrow loss.

But congrats to the Storm, worthy winners after a testing season. A tough bastard of a team who practically gave us a lesson in the first half and which would have absolutely decimated most other sides.

Special mention should go to the poor chair that Bellamy kicked the shit out of. :)

GongPanther

Referee
I spent the whole first half asking why they weren't doing all the things they did well every other game and won. Not just on Nathan but, Api looked like he'd never met his forwards before the game and they took 65 minutes to get to know each other.
They tried their best. But it seemed that everything just wasn't going to plan no matter how we applied ourselves. Credit to the Storm as they intimidated us at will which put us off no end.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Massive choke. Lets be honest Storm getting loose and refs intervening made it exciting at end but for 65minutes they weren't in it. I thought we would have to play really well to beat them, in end we played pretty crap, certainly one of the worse games for a while, and they just imploded under the spotlight. They are a better team than they showed last night and they will be kicking themselves this morning. Meanwhile the Cheese is probably still sculling somewhere :)

Back to the OP, Kiwi Willie Mason dissing the Haka then getting hammered was pretty good karma lol

super_coach

First Grade
There is a lot to like about Riff. They have not gone out and just recruited all the best players and taken the easy road like a couple of other teams do most years. They ploughed their money into their junior systems and are now reaping the rewards, even if they missed out yesterday.

My gripe is purely aimed at Cleary and the way he betrayed and lied to the Tigers. Not to mention how his recruitments at the Tigers have set us back probably three years. Anyway I always like to see the minor premiers win the big one but I am glad that Ivan was a bridesmaid again

GongPanther

Referee
There is a lot to like about Riff. They have not gone out and just recruited all the best players and taken the easy road like a couple of other teams do most years. They ploughed their money into their junior systems and are now reaping the rewards, even if they missed out yesterday.

My gripe is purely aimed at Cleary and the way he betrayed and lied to the Tigers. Not to mention how his recruitments at the Tigers have set us back probably three years. Anyway I always like to see the minor premiers win the big one but I am glad that Ivan was a bridesmaid again
That episode still has a bad taste in my mouth as I'm a fan who can see for what it was. Hope Tamou helps in building your club to the potential it should be.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Thanks for your concern, but I think I'll be ok. Maybe you can help me out? What do you f**kers do to keep amused from late August when you are done for the year?
That was so spicy
tenor.gif

Reflector

Juniors
A few I can think of:

- Knights couldn't beat Manly for years. They lost something like 11 times in a row against a star-studded Manly team in the 90's. But then came the '97 GF...

- Tigers v Panthers, 2000. Hopoate scores to take them up 31-8 and then does a WWF post-try celebration with a shove on Matt Adamson. Nek minnit Penrith romp home to pip the Tigers 32-31

- Sharks give John Lang the boot to make way for Chris Anderson, supposed to be the missing link to bring that long-awaited Premiership to the Shire. In the process they also dump (amongst other Sharks favourites) Martin Lang and Preston Campbell. Both the Langs and Preston head out to Penrith and just 2 seasons later win the Premiership

- Josh McGuire's infamous "winners have parties, losers have meetings" Tweet.

- All the years that the Broncos would romp up to Townsville, beat the Cowboys and strut around like they owned the place. Repeated the mantra that they were the team every kid in Qld wanted to play for while a large number of their fanbase arrogantly gave it to Cowboys (and to a lesser extent, GC) fans for supporting rubbish football teams. Skip forward to 2020 and the Cowboys are responsible for handing Brisbane their first ever GF defeat and their first ever wooden spoon. Meanwhile the Titans are the #1 side in Qld and look to be even better next season

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Oh don't worry, we are well and truly over it now, LOL. You are welcome to the Daddy Jaw & Baby Jaw circus. I wonder will the desperate Panthers fans keep stinking up our forum with their smugness?

If that is the case....why the great need to comment now.

Penrith Panthers continue to live rent free in the heads of the Wests Tigers.

The_Frog

First Grade
Does karma exist?
While many pfft its existence, surely karma put on her best biatch-slapping :high_heel: and wiped out a whole lot of smug last night.
Being a smug, arrogant prick can have some pretty sobering consequences. Good morning Ivan.
But it's perfectly fine to completely lose it and kick chairs, etc on national TV. And not just once, but every week.