What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust and Gasnier press conference re Dragons Major announcementClub

Mr Red

First Grade
disappointed, but it makes the Chase Stanley signing sensible now.

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
swapping gasnier for the "turnstyle" stanley...
i am hoping you are very young and dont actually remember this guy when he last wore the red V... a real defensive idiot.
and no... he hasnt improved since being at the storm...

Tim Smith

Juniors
Well I have mixed emotions...grateful for his contribution on and off the field, he has been a great player and a favorite of mine but has not reached the heights of past years since his return. I also feel a little aggrieved that we have missed the boat with any potential signings, at least for next year. At the same time we may be in a better place to offer a 2013 contract while we see how the injury prone trio of Stanley, Stanley and Moltzen settle into the team next year.

My one concerning question is how this will now affect his center partner in Cooper...will he stay for another year or two or sign off also? We really need his quality and his guidance for the new players coming through. Has anyone heard where we up to as far as Cooper goes for 2012?

Is there really a chance that Cronk would leave Melbourne?...I doubt it but he would be great for us.

Puff

First Grade
Last I heard reg was a little sick I think.

Mark was very good for us, and I think many people mistake him leaving as being selfish, rather then mismanaagement by the NRL and partly by our management. However, with all respect I wish mark the best of luck as well, but I cant mention Mark and Reg in the same breathe or in the same level of class. The magic Dragon was purely that, Magic, and one of our best EVER!. Despite this Mark deserves a place on our walk of fame (a place reserved for deserved dragons), as will Young and Hornby at their retirement.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Last I heard reg was a little sick I think.

Mark was very good for us, and I think many people mistake him leaving as being selfish, rather then mismanaagement by the NRL and partly by our management. However, with all respect I wish mark the best of luck as well, but I cant mention Mark and Reg in the same breathe or in the same level of class. The magic Dragon was purely that, Magic, and one of our best EVER!. Despite this Mark deserves a place on our walk of fame (a place reserved for deserved dragons), as will Young and Hornby at their retirement.

Walk of fame?..Hornby, Young yes...Mark...great player and all...but probably not

It's all about who we sign now. I think that we have to write off 2012, because there are no comparable replacements for Gasnier in the marketplace and without him and Boyd in the backline we don't have the same amount of points in us as we've managed for the past two years and our backline defence is going to be weaker. We shouldn't buy ourselves a stopgap for the sake of it who'll demand a two year contract minimum and end up eating a chunk of the cap for 2013 when we'd be better of waiting and consolidating a big three buy of two centres and a halfback to replace Gaz, Cooper and Hornby.

Ideally anyway.

Who can we buy? There are no juniors coming through. Throw the f***ing bank at Cronk, unsettle J-Moz and pick up a third stringer with the change.

Who's out there.

Let's just not lose faith in Price and Folkes if next season turns out to be tougher than the last three. Pricey deserves five years to win a comp.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I think that you’re underrating what we have available to us already in ‘12
Remember that prior to is injury that Chase Stanley was the goto centre for Belamy
Style and Coops will also be there as will Beau Scott. Motlzen, Goodwin, Tagive, Nighty and BMoz are also all in the mix.
There are also a number of players who are superstars of the future that will become available to clubs with a bit of dosh. Jack Reed is one that comes to mind immediately.
Blake Ferguson is apparently unhappy at Canberra, there’ll be a bunch of players who would relish the opportunity to play outside Soward in the mighty red V

Cooper will surely stay on for another year or two. I agree with the fruitbasket - we don't need to rush out and buy another centre. We've got Stanley x2 and Moltzen who can all play there. And if all else fails, Scott did an admirable job there last year.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Well I have mixed emotions...grateful for his contribution on and off the field, he has been a great player and a favorite of mine but has not reached the heights of past years since his return. I also feel a little aggrieved that we have missed the boat with any potential signings, at least for next year. At the same time we may be in a better place to offer a 2013 contract while we see how the injury prone trio of Stanley, Stanley and Moltzen settle into the team next year.

My one concerning question is how this will now affect his center partner in Cooper...will he stay for another year or two or sign off also? We really need his quality and his guidance for the new players coming through. Has anyone heard where we up to as far as Cooper goes for 2012?

Is there really a chance that Cronk would leave Melbourne?...I doubt it but he would be great for us.

Apparently the Cooper extension is not far away, but not being rushed as he's not being pursued by other NRL clubs.

Minh

First Grade
The best replacement for Gaz even though he's locked up is J Moz this guy was born to be a Dragon, hope we can get him back in the future. Of all the players out there that I would love to have in our playing roster is Josh Dugan this guy is a superstar in the making and a real game breaker.

Puff

First Grade
Must agree with R&W again, shit he knows his stuff. Mark to be left off the walk of fame. Hornby, capt of prem. team is a must. And Young, the man motivator a must

Puff

First Grade
I thought j.Moz had a Moore get out release clause......

Watch this space.

/wave bye bye

Puff

First Grade
LOL, he is ours........ typical doggies mentality.

everyone is on rent, and your club should be the first to know that. Every premiership you won was on the back of players you raped from other clubs.

Wasn't your greatest player a Wests boy (Lamb). And isn't the best player you have ever had playing for the cowboys now (Thurston), and you got rid of him because you thought he couldn't play. Talk about a f**ked up mentality. Bought not bred, traded and f**ked in the head. That should be your catch phrase. The buying and trading of players has to stop somewhere, and that my friend is where your club is going wrong.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Shocked. He's not in his prime. But he's been hands down the best club centre this season.

Sure does simplify things, & gives us a bit of $$$.

LOL, he is ours........ typical doggies mentality.

everyone is on rent, and your club should be the first to know that. Every premiership you won was on the back of players you raped from other clubs.

Wasn't your greatest player a Wests boy (Lamb). And isn't the best player you have ever had playing for the cowboys now (Thurston), and you got rid of him because you thought he couldn't play. Talk about a f**ked up mentality. Bought not bred, traded and f**ked in the head. That should be your catch phrase. The buying and trading of players has to stop somewhere, and that my friend is where your club is going wrong.

LOL you sound like the biggest tool; straight away going to insults for no apparent reason, when i was obviously kidding. If you actually new anything about our club you would know that the board got rid of thurston because of an incident(don't want to go into the details of that); also that slogan was in regards to when the Roosters poached out players.

Under Moore we have bought so many players because that was his philosophy; he did not want to play our juniors, we have had/have great players come through and Moore has let some of them go. Three that come to mind are Aiden Sezer,Nathan Massey and Marmin Barba.

Please next time you want to go and insult a club or attack me know your facts; and not once since i have been on this forum have i attacked or insulted the Dragons; so truth be told your just an internet hero; looking to attack someone for no reason.

Latest posts