What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust: & I thought Finch was a sook.

mickdo

Coach
Lenny_2212 said:
and there within lies the whole basis of our argument. bias.
Funny how all the non Parra and Saints fans all think there was nothing in Marsh's hit, but that Barrett should go down :rolleyes:

L.P.P

Juniors
Lenny_2212 said:
so you encourage more players to do exactly what pj did more often? lmao.

What did he do?? preform a charge down were inital contact was below the shoulder, i call that putting pressure on the kicker.

What i find more amussing though is you trying to put a spin on things be incorparting examples of rules in Rugby union too add some weight to your argument.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
eelsta said:
or barrett

he was unprofessional in what he did, and he has been consequently penalised for it.

mickdo said:
Funny how all the non Parra and Saints fans all think there was nothing in Marsh's hit, but that Barrett should go down :rolleyes:

the use of hyperbole to assist your argument. suprise.
L.P.P said:
What did he do?? preform a charge down were inital contact was below the shoulder, i call that putting pressure on the kicker.

What i find more amussing though is you trying to put a spin on things be incorparting examples of rules in Rugby union too add some weight to your argument.

pressure on the kicker? you're a tad too lenient on pj's behalf. you are allowed to knock a player down in league, with the shoulder or hands. pj marsh did neither. he performed an illegal act. both union and league use the same chargedown technique. marsh had different intentions than performing a chargedown. my argument needs no weight, it's standing tall itself.

mickdo

Coach
Lenny_2212 said:
pressure on the kicker? you're a tad too lenient on pj's behalf. you are allowed to knock a player down in league, with the shoulder or hands. pj marsh did neither. he performed an illegal act. both union and league use the same chargedown technique. marsh had different intentions than performing a chargedown. my argument needs no weight, it's standing tall itself.
You are allowed to use your forearms. Go and play tiddly winks if you don't like it.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
no opinions will be changed. the match review commitee and judiciary has the last say. ill let them sort it out.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Bring on Round 24 - Saints will snap that little god-botherering whinger like a twig...

As far as I am concerned, what happened on the field should've stayed on the field. They're not playing marbles, FFS.

mickdo

Coach
Immortal said:
No your not
SHow me the rule that says you aren't. Then have a look at all the previous hits on kickers using forearms and see how many get penalised :lol:
I think the Saints want their pretty boy Barrett to start playing touch footy because they're afraid he might get hurt :cry:

God-King Dean

Immortal
LOL

Ok then, Show me the rule where you can't use the elbows. Imbecile

It wouldn't matter if it were fist, forearm, or elbow, he;d still be charged

Mr Saab

Referee
If Trent was not kicking and PJ went at him like that then what would have happened?
Penalty to STG.
PJ went for a chargedown, but thats not how you charge the ball down. Steve Price doesnt do that and he is the best in the business at it.
Stg were robbed of any chance to win that game courtesy of Mick Stone

drake

First Grade
Thank you Charlie.

The opinion of a third party, one that has spent many hours giving it to Saints.

No vested interest, no tall poppy syndrome.

Mr Saab

Referee
Doesnt mean i am right Drake..and EEls fans will say i have NFI etc etc (water off a ducks back).
However i call it as i see it and the Dragons were robbed of any chance to win that game.

drake

First Grade
My point is that your view is not going to biased by being an Eels or dragons supporter.

mickdo

Coach
Immortal said:
LOL

Ok then, Show me the rule where you can't use the elbows. Imbecile

It wouldn't matter if it were fist, forearm, or elbow, he;d still be charged
Yes, but you were asserting that simply because he had cocked his forearm, that was illegal. It's not. It's high contact that determines illegality.

Mr Saab

Referee
mickdo said:
Yes, but you were asserting that simply because he had cocked his forearm, that was illegal. It's not. It's high contact that determines illegality.

you can c**k your elbow, but, if you connect with the face of an opposing player then it is deemed careless, reckless or intentional. In PJs case it was careless.

mickdo

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
If Trent was not kicking and PJ went at him like that then what would have happened?
Penalty to STG.
PJ went for a chargedown, but thats not how you charge the ball down. Steve Price doesnt do that and he is the best in the business at it.
Stg were robbed of any chance to win that game courtesy of Mick Stone
Why would it have been a penalty? If he was holding the ball or passing it then you are still allowed to hit him. There was minimal contact if any with the head and the referees deemed it not worth a penalty. I reckon the judiciary figured they'd better suspend both of them otherwise there would be an uproar.

Mr Saab

Referee
mickdo said:
Why would it have been a penalty? If he was holding the ball or passing it then you are still allowed to hit him. There was minimal contact if any with the head and the referees deemed it not worth a penalty. I reckon the judiciary figured they'd better suspend both of them otherwise there would be an uproar.

PJ did make contact. Not jaw shattering stuff, but contact nonetheless.
Mick Stone was the one who deemed it ok, but, there in lies the problem.
Video refs should not be able to judge on field events. Friday night has highlighted the inconsistencies and cost the dragons any chance they had of winning that game. I took the eels -3.5 so i didnt care that much in terms of talking thru my wallet, but as a league realist the dragons was robbed

Aussiehurrikane

Juniors
had the dragons lost by 6 points then they might have something to complain about but they lost by 26 points! being down by 8 points with 25 to go is hardly a massive lead, dragons could have come back, hell they even had the line wide open to narrow it to 2 points and they lost the ball.