What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust on 2sm sport talk

Saintsified

Bench
Doust was asked are you in a position to go to the market place?, Doust said for 2013 he has to say no we arent....we are committed to our youth and not in a position and dont want to chase top of the town players.

Then raved on about CONSUMER PRICE INDEX lol that current players will want increases bla bla bla, this bloke is a nut.

I gave up after that, just raved on in solicitor type talk.

Elias1983

Coach
Doust was asked are you in a position to go to the market place?, Doust said for 2013 he has to say no we arent....we are committed to our youth and not in a position and dont want to chase top of the town players.

Then raved on about CONSUMER PRICE INDEX lol that current players will want increases bla bla bla, this bloke is a nut.

I gave up after that, just raved on in solicitor type talk.

But they went after cronk and jennings...or at very least enquired...

This highlights two potential problems:

1, His attitude and philosophy is to keep going with the home grown players and therefore go back to pre-bennett days which basically means he's f**ked in the head if he doesn't try to provide a balance.

2, There are serious problems with cash flow.

Bring back choc

Juniors
That interview pretty much sums up the inept, disgraceful and incestuous decision making thats fuelled our fall from grace.

Unbelievable comments from Doust.

We lost SMITH, COSTIGAN, GASNIER, BOYD, CUTHBERTSON, BENNETT, SCOTT, YOUNG.
We have old players that are dragging the team down in Hornby and cooper.

We sign absolute nobodies and upgrade contracts for players who have done nothing???

f**k me. Disaster.

The Nick

Bench
That interview pretty much sums up the inept, disgraceful and incestuous decision making thats fuelled our fall from grace.

We sign absolute nobodies and upgrade contracts for players who have done nothing???

f**k me. Disaster.

I'm not sure we'll ever recover from the loss of Cuthbertson! Add Peni Tagive to that list too

Elias1983

Coach
I just remembered that we did re-sign Merrin and Brett morris this year.

They would have taken a fair chunk.

Plus Beale...

ghostface

Juniors
Before listening to Doust on 2SM i really wanted to believe that he had a plan to keep us moving forward. After listening to Doustie on 2SM i can't help but feel frustrated. We're not moving forward and we have no plans to.

When asked about the reasons behind the appointment of Price he highlighted that it fitted in with the coaching philosophy Wayne has set. There's only one coaching philosophy and thats winning. I think he couldn't be arsed going through an exhaustive recruitment process when hiring Bennetts successor. Our CEO is a DUD.

Mr Red

First Grade
we won our comp in 2010, pressure is off Doust for the next 30 years..
i am not pretending to know the "ins and outs" of how the clubs finances are run, but something doesnt add up when you look at whom we have lost, and whom we have signed as replacements... even allowing for a few contract upgrades our squad is far weaker then that of brisbane, manly, Storm, bulldogs and we all have the same cap to manage... or mismanage as it seems in our case !

Fire

First Grade

f**k me. Disaster.

...melt down, capital letters and all :lol: \\\\:D/ :lol: \\\\:D/ :lol:

Elias1983

Coach
What could be a logical reason for this?

For me it's two things (and probably the only two things it can be)

- Crap management (likely)
- Serious cash flow problem (hope not)

Creaghzy dragon

Juniors
I just rang the club, asked for dousty to answer few question, I had to leave a message asking Where the hell is our money going to?

It's just tear your hair out sort of stuff

Fire

First Grade
As proud fans, there is only one thing left for us to do to Mr. Doust...

An assassination is defined generally as: "to murder (a usually prominent person) by a sudden and/or secret attack, often for political reasons." Alternatively, assassination may be defined as "the act of deliberately killing someone, especially a public figure, usually for hire or for political reasons."

Elias1983

Coach
As proud fans, there is only one thing left for us to do to Mr. Doust...

An assassination is defined generally as: "to murder (a usually prominent person) by a sudden and/or secret attack, often for political reasons." Alternatively, assassination may be defined as "the act of deliberately killing someone, especially a public figure, usually for hire or for political reasons."

*contemplative silence*

st.phil

Bench
I did not hear the interview but can imagine - insidious mix of arrogance and corporate speak. He has the board sewn up - goddam.

OUST DOUST

Fire

First Grade
Sorry everyone I'm carrying on like a f**kwit today. Getting back on topic. I only caught about the last 45 seconds of the interview. Things (in my opinion) didn't sound too good for Soward. The way Doust was talking, it sounds like ESL and a few Rugby Union competitions are after him, and Doust sounded blazé about it all...f**k I hope not.

Latest posts