What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr Phil, please help me!

Are lexmark printer shit?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes indeedy!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sweeper

Juniors
My printer is f**ked. It won't say it, but i can tell it is. It stops printing on the first page (piss poor effort if you ask me!). The systray always indicates that only 156kb has been sent to the printer! Extraterestrials? Or something more explainable... Like lexmark can't make a quality printer for shit!

God invented shit, lexmark put a printer head on it and called it a printer!

(p.s. i'm not too happy about it) :roll:

Dr Phil, please help me!

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
Have you re-installed the driver recently??

if so did you unplug the cable connecting your printer before you re-installed??

The only other thing i can think of is:

Make sure the printer is not being held or paused.
1. Click Start, Settings, and Printers.
2. Double click the Lexmark printer icon.
3. Click on Printer and ensure that Pause printing is not selected. If it is, just click on the Pause printing option once to deselect it.

(i had similar problems with a lexmark recently)

Sweeper

Juniors
Aussie_Knight said:
Have you re-installed the driver recently??

if so did you unplug the cable connecting your printer before you re-installed??

The only other thing i can think of is:

Make sure the printer is not being held or paused.
1. Click Start, Settings, and Printers.
2. Double click the Lexmark printer icon.
3. Click on Printer and ensure that Pause printing is not selected. If it is, just click on the Pause printing option once to deselect it.

I re-installed the drivers 5 times or so. Never bothered with the cable, though i did change from Parallel to USB. Rang Technical support and the response was as good as me speaka no engrish. A half hour wait for f**k all help. Lexmark can fix the problem with their shitty lexexpress. I think its some hardware on the printer (maybe cache), because i changed the printer cartridges and knocked it around doing so... and now it only likes printing half a page!

Thanks for trying...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you hit it repeatedly with a heavy object-it won't fix the printer, but it'll cure your anger with it. I had a Hewlett Packard printer and it never printed, it'd satrt and just as it was about to start printing it'd stop, it'd do thid probably 10-20 times before printing the page. I just went and bought another one.

Sweeper

Juniors
madunit said:
Have you hit it repeatedly with a heavy object-it won't fix the printer, but it'll cure your anger with it.
It will take more then that to cure my anger. Theres a shit computer that needs fixing too... mmm insurance 8) (Earthquake)

Sweeper

Juniors
Aussie_Knight said:
Well, since you tried to help me, and i have acquired a hate for lexmark recently... if you're cartridge is empty, ring lexmark technical assistance and tell them you recently bought it... and that there are lines through it! (ever since you acquired it) They'll tell you to take it back to where you bought it from.

Then you ring them back and tell them Australia Post only sell the f**king things and don't do refunds. (What a good arrangement that one is, though they are pretty cheap) That way they'll mail you one for free! :lol: But they do keep records on ya, so don't do it too many times :)

Printer is yet to print something presentable... a month later. They call their warranty "Lex-express" I don't know where the express part comes from! :roll: