What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGON ARMY Northern Stand @ Parra

SaintTPP

First Grade
No worries, Fire up next time :)

I will see you guys on Friday arvo, and I will introduce Adam to you all and you can sort this one out then. I don't think anyone (and I mean anyone) should question eachothers loyalty or there efforts in supporting the team (unless it's on the internet and your bagging tha army). As St.George fans most of us have only seen the darkest days with a couple of amazing semi final series to ease the pain. The Brown stain and the easter egg prior to that were hard to swallow, even for the strongest.

As someone who has attended the majority of Saints games from 1 week old, right through till now (and I have only missed about 20 games in 28 years) I have seen my fair share of September fans - if they start to come out in March, then it must be a great year, so I think everyone should enjoy the experience and anything you take from it. No need to turn on each other we have along way to go till we are anywhere near a premiership.

Macca

Cooper-Man

Bench
Mate perhaps you can talk like that if you're still going strong after doing a decade with the army.

I'm on record saying how much I like OurRedV and what you've achieved, but I don't exactly remember seeing you guys at games more that a few seasons ago.

So let's leave the bullsh*t to one side eh. See you all on Friday.

All good dennis. You definatly have a point there mate. Just so your aware though, i sat on the fringes of the army for many many years. And for some reason never felt very welcome to come up and join in. Not sure why. Can you tell me. anyone the army is way off being what it once, but hey, maybe with the help of some OLD SCHOOL boys we can pick up the pace aye.

Paul, great words mate. see you friday. :D

OurRedV

Juniors
fair cop boys.

cant wait to meet adam! he's the messiah of our army and together we will all be UNSTOPPABLE!

this season is going to be huge.

The Major

Bench
OUTSTANDING!!! MORE BIG FLAGS! This is gonna look unreal. We are going from strength to strength. The big logo is coming to i have learnt.

OH, and Macca, the enigma is returning! Great to see the old heads re-emerging after a well earnt spell. Macca, lookin forward to seeing you again buddy. And meeting Adam again. Come up for a beer or 10 if your allowed off the ball and chain Macca before the game. You still got my number?
Ray

bmwpower

Juniors
so i am right the army has changed. i remember when i went to the games in my teens and sat around the army, and the old faces arent there anymore. its a new generation army

boxa777

Coach
I can see both sides..

Years ago I was the same as Stel and Pete now.. The September fans use to sh*t me as I was only missing maybe 1 or 2 games a year. But now that I usually go to the games and have a beer with the boys, its not as easy to be smack bang in the middle of army with my signs like the old days. Doesn't make me or Adam or anyone else less of a fan. If anything, anytime you get more diehards in there when they can make it, it can't be a bad thing.

Adam has bled for the army. I remember being heaps young at Belmore, maybe 8 or 9 with some older cousins and there was a 15 year old Adam carrying deadset 20 signs (no exaggeration) and a big flag that he had made and distributing them around.

Certainly slamming the army in a drunken state does not come across well, particularly to ourredV which have re-built the army beautifully. But Adam deserves a second chance a bit of respect.

OurRedV

Juniors
i wasn't referring to adam as a september fan. simply stating that for someone who hasn't been to a game in 2 years and instead followed the Cove (from what I've heard, may be incorrect) to come to a trial match and bag out the kids in the current army is a bit rich.
never questioned adams history, and I know more of what macca's done in the past which is definitely nothing to be questioned.

on another note, word has it brett finch will be leading the army for tomorrow nights clash.

big pat

Coach
so i am right the army has changed. i remember when i went to the games in my teens and sat around the army, and the old faces arent there anymore. its a new generation army

like me they have got older, don't know about wiser though, anyone gets shirty me and ray will take you all down, only kidding don't think my pacemaker will take it, good to see everyone is fired up, lets kick some butt, i can feel an ass whooping coming on.:lol:

SerbDragon

Coach
Watch out for those parra women ay fellas..

parra.jpg

After reading some of these posts I am upset by some of the things that have been said.

Firstly about Adam;
1. He did NOT turn up to the Charity Shield drunk.I know this because he held my newborn baby which if I thought he was even slightly intoxicated I wouldn't have allowed.
2. Yes he does support Sydney FC
3. Adam is one of the biggest St George supporters you could ever meet. 4. Adam did not disappear. He has actually attended many games just like Macca. Sometimes people don't always sit with the army.That doesn't mean that they are not there or any less a supporter.

Secondly "The so called OLD DRAGON ARMY"
Yes I am from the army in the 1990's. Yes I still attend games and sit with the army. But over the last fifteen years many things have changed. People get married, split up, have children, move away, get different jobs and all these things contribute to whether or not you can attend all or any games.

Last year I couldn't attend every game as I was pregnant but that doesn't make me any less a supporter.I can't attend interstate games and haven't for three years now but I dare anyone to say I am not a real supporter.

I guess what I am trying to say is that we all follow Saint George, times do change and in five years time when the current young dragon army supporters change direction in life they may not all be at games but it shouldn't affect peoples attitudes.

I love catching up with people on the hill that may not have been at a game for a while. So please especially this Adam thing don't judge a person especially if you don't know them.

Southernsaint

Staff member
After reading some of these posts I am upset by some of the things that have been said.

Firstly about Adam;
1. He did NOT turn up to the Charity Shield drunk.I know this because he held my newborn baby which if I thought he was even slightly intoxicated I wouldn't have allowed.
3. Adam is one of the biggest St George supporters you could ever meet. 4. Adam did not disappear. He has actually attended many games just like Macca. Sometimes people don't always sit with the army.That doesn't mean that they are not there or any less a supporter.

Yes I am from the army in the 1990's. Yes I still attend games and sit with the army. But over the last fifteen years many things have changed. People get married, split up, have children, move away, get different jobs and all these things contribute to whether or not you can attend all or any games.

Last year I couldn't attend every game as I was pregnant but that doesn't make me any less a supporter.I can't attend interstate games and haven't for three years now but I dare anyone to say I am not a real supporter.

I guess what I am trying to say is that we all follow Saint George, times do change and in five years time when the current young dragon army supporters change direction in life they may not all be at games but it shouldn't affect peoples attitudes.

I love catching up with people on the hill that may not have been at a game for a while. So please especially this Adam thing don't judge a person especially if you don't know them.

Well said, TS.

I was only thinking, remember during the 2006 World Cup when they had that Footy Show in Germany and Adam was front and centre in the crowd, the Old School Saints scarf held high!!

Cooper-Man

Bench

Firstly about Adam;

Hey Traditional saint. Your input is heaps important and I totally unerstand what your saying. I guess mine and stels issue is........and dont get me wrong we will get over it. But back in 07, adam (adam74) wrote up a big thread on dragonarmy.com.au/trademark about him being sick of following saints and he is going to the cove etc etc etc. I didnt know him, but I sent him a PM and said please dont leave because we would need him as the army was going through a rebuilding stage. He replied and said its over for him. We never saw him at a game untill the roosters game when we lost 10 nil last season.

Anyway, i am happy to have him back. But i guess we got off on the wrong foot because he was bagging us out at the charity shield. He was right behind me and i and many others around me didnt aprreciate it. Im looking forward to formally meeting him tomorrow and being introduced by macca. Like i said, im sure he is a really nice bloke.:D

Fire up ADAM. we shall meet tomorrow.:crazy:

brendothejet

First Grade
Boys, boys, Boys.

I have a theory whenever Im playing footy and boys start fighting amongst themselves. You stand together and anyone who isn't wearing your jersey, you turn around and smash them.

Obviously there is years of frustration, effort, support, dissapointment and all the other emotions of being a saints fans colliding here.

At the end of the day we all want the Army to be a strong, colourful, proud representation of ST George. let by gones be fellas.

FIRE UP!

lets go out there and give Parra a thrashing, along with anyone else who comes our way.

Cooper-Man

Bench
Boys, boys, Boys.

I have a theory whenever Im playing footy and boys start fighting amongst themselves. You stand together and anyone who isn't wearing your jersey, you turn around and smash them.

Obviously there is years of frustration, effort, support, dissapointment and all the other emotions of being a saints fans colliding here.

At the end of the day we all want the Army to be a strong, colourful, proud representation of ST George. let by gones be fellas.

FIRE UP!

lets go out there and give Parra a thrashing, along with anyone else who comes our way.

No fighting going on here brendo...:D
Will you be joining us for a glass of something tomorrow and one world.:crazy:

Fire up mate see you there.

dragondad

First Grade
Boys, boys, Boys.

FIRE UP!

Go the Newtownnnnnnn Jets

big pat

Coach
yeah brendon, let us know when the return game jets v shellharbour is on wouldn't mind popping along.

SN0WMAN

Juniors

Sorta has sorta hasn't. There's a new big group which has carried on the Dragon Army traditions. The old faces you used to see in the 90s and early 00s get to the games they can (I'm one of the latter).

Dunno big difference of lifestyle from being carefree with not much worry at about 15-21 yrs old to being 28-35 with a family and mortgage. Life has pretty much happened although a lot of the old faces would love to be there every week - some still are such as GST, some just can't physically put the same effort there every week, and there are some old faces that sit in different sections of the ground and not just in the 'Army' area.

The newer group, with Stel and Cooperman, have rejuvinated the Army back to what it was.

SN0WMAN

Juniors
I can see both sides..

Years ago I was the same as Stel and Pete now.. The September fans use to sh*t me as I was only missing maybe 1 or 2 games a year. But now that I usually go to the games and have a beer with the boys, its not as easy to be smack bang in the middle of army with my signs like the old days. Doesn't make me or Adam or anyone else less of a fan. If anything, anytime you get more diehards in there when they can make it, it can't be a bad thing.

What used to tick me off Boxa back then was that the usual Army week after week group used to sit relatively close to each other and we'd reserve spots for people we knew came a little later. Really bugged me at the back end of the season and some peeps who you'd never ever seen before would plonk down and be smack bang in the middle.

Latest posts