What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGON ARMY Northern Stand @ Parra

big pat

Coach
a lot of good points made by everyone, and maybe negitive thoughts should be kept of a forum, my old saying goes if he or she follows st george they must be alright, imo i think saints supporters are the most passionate around, one of the things i was impressed by last week, not just the great win we had, but the amount of red and white support there was in the crowd, and i'm sure their will be tomorrow night as well, so it doesn't matter if you go to brissie or parra, lets unite and hand out an ass whooping,go saints you good things.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
What used to tick me off Boxa back then was that the usual Army week after week group used to sit relatively close to each other and we'd reserve spots for people we knew came a little later. Really bugged me at the back end of the season and some peeps who you'd never ever seen before would plonk down and be smack bang in the middle.

I've been a victim of this on both sides. I've been a semi-regular to regular member of the 'army' since about 1997 as a kid, then more and more from 1999 onwards.

I might not be the most recognisable face in the army but many would know I attend my fair share of games when time / work / uni etc permits.

At the Manly semi last year I got blasted by a very regular member of the army for encroaching about 5cm on to her blanket. Firstly, a semi final on a packed hill at a suburban ground is no place for a blanket, but more importantly there was no need for hostility directed at a member of the army who attends more games than the average punter.

To her I was some nuffbag September fan who had no right to sit on the hill at all let alone possibly on the corner of her very empty blanket.

A dismal attitude indeed. We're all in red and white - get together and support the boys.

redvscotty

First Grade
I once saw two guys in a park kissing. That was the gayest thing I had ever seen until I saw this thread.

SN0WMAN

Juniors
I've been a victim of this on both sides. I've been a semi-regular to regular member of the 'army' since about 1997 as a kid, then more and more from 1999 onwards.

I might not be the most recognisable face in the army but many would know I attend my fair share of games when time / work / uni etc permits.

At the Manly semi last year I got blasted by a very regular member of the army for encroaching about 5cm on to her blanket. Firstly, a semi final on a packed hill at a suburban ground is no place for a blanket, but more importantly there was no need for hostility directed at a member of the army who attends more games than the average punter.

To her I was some nuffbag September fan who had no right to sit on the hill at all let alone possibly on the corner of her very empty blanket.

I don't know what happened at the Manly game - I wasn't there, and damn, for that $h!t of a hill it's always standing even when there is only 8k people there.

Nah, over a few seasons you'll the see the type I was refering to, people that think it's the latest thing to buy a tix in September, the people that no-one within a 30m radius knows who the hell they are - the kinds of fans that we saw from the Roosters semi final fiends in the 2000s - that kind of person.

Gas, I think I saw the same thing and I know of the person...

Look their are a couple of older people in the army who never sing and who've never waived a flag or held banner in their life Yet they show up almost every week. I don't know why they attach themselves to the army. And yes I've seen them yell rudely at young lads who "encroach" on their space.

I just ignore them, and walk all over their f##king blankets.

The Major

Bench
RedVScotty........ This is thread is gay, this is gay, thats gay, two blokes in a carpark kissing......hmmmmmmm. While we're on the topic of acceptance, mate, please dont feel threatened in 'coming out'. We wont judge you. androtops like footy too, you know. Power to you son. lol. Just kiddin.

Anyhows... How good is it that we're talking about all of this!! The re-emergence of army legends has got us all chuffed. Old meets new. The only way is up fellas! Frigging cant wait. The army is going from strength to strength and its an absolute thrill to be part of it with all of you!

SaintTPP

First Grade
I think one day the Dragon Army will be a reality tv show lol.

This is not Macca btw, I should get him to make his own log on thingy so its not as confusing.

Im sooo excited about tomorrw night!!! Sitting with the Army, bringing my sister along and I already warned her she hasto sing and chant and go crazy or everyone will look at her weirdly. I'm abit nervous though to be honest guys, not about the game but......macca has massiveeeee flags, I dont undestand how it will work but anyways he assures me it will.

Come on saints 4 in a row tomorrow!!!! Hopefully :D

Gas Panic!

First Grade
I know the type snowman. I've had similar thoughts during my time about people you see towards the end of the season. Generally you've never laid eyes on them, but they've got jumpers that were stitched together long before you were born.

The Manly semi was only one time that I have felt the brunt of it from the other side - felt like telling the woman in question to go and jump, and that her 15 trips to Brisbane in comparison to my 3 didn't mean squat. But I held my tongue.

The point is .. there will always be people who come along for the ride at the fun end of the season .. but you and I know it's the wet miserable nights in mid-June that make it worthwhile. Ten people in the army or a thousand - as long as they all make noise I don't really give a f**k.

SN0WMAN

Juniors
I'm abit nervous though to be honest guys, not about the game but......macca has massiveeeee flags, I dont undestand how it will work but anyways he assures me it will.

LOL Id be more nervous about jumping into a car with Macca driving.

Dragons_#1

Bench
We are NOT I repeat NOT going to one world sport at 3pm anymore because it is closed!!
The army will now be meeting at the sterlo bar!! 3pm!!