What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons 2014 draw - Home ground discussion

Sticks2

Juniors
I suspect Sticks is willing to give up something that goes against his every instinct, just so he can voice his protest. When you read stuff like that from a supporter who has paid his dues, then it's time to take notice.

Hi Sticks. You're a supporter of 55 years - in my opinion that makes you more hard core than most. Not everyone will get what you just said... but from what I read, you're saying that the club can get stuffed, but you will keep supporting the team.

This will be misunderstood by some.

I will always support the team no matter how incompetent the management of the football and leagues club are!

Sticks2

Juniors
No, I think what you meant to say was "it is time to take notice if that opinion is agreeable with yours". I have been a supporter for 50 years, but I get poo pooed for saying I am happy to take the bigger games to the bigger stadiums, if it does in fact help my club financially.

By the way, I did my bit for the club as well.....just ordered 6 Scorchers memberships for my Thai Dragon fan nephews, as well as my true believer interstate package ($415 total).

That's fine and as a fellow Saints supporter I hope you enjoy the games! If you have been a supporter and going to the games as long as you say you have there is a big chance you know me and what a loyal supporter I am and that my opinion is shared by many other Dragons supporters. If you see Doust, Robinson and Co. sitting in the warm air conditioned function room behind the glass in the SW stand at Jubilee sipping chardonnay and eating lobster while we go down the drain can you wave to them for me!

TruSaint

Referee
Been down this road more than once it has'nt worked before . So why will it this time?

You mistook my post Father...
Shame on you... :D

I should have clearer, as I am totally and utterly opposed to moving to larger venues.

What I said (meant) was its hard to argue against what you posted.

I consider myself a die-hard, along with many.

My point was it appears Dousty and the NRL have taken a short sighted approach, that will lead to short term cash, but, like i said, at what cost. If this isnt pulled back, we will be playing 1-2 games a year at Kogarah.

And yes, we tried it all before... big time flop.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I fully understand your position Sticks. Support obviously goes beyond whatever dollar value people want to put on it. It's that grass roots support that lays the foundation for the long term.

But this really is turning into a battle for Jubilee. So I urge you to get down to Kogarah, otherwise low crowd figures there will give them an excuse to shaft us further.

How good would it be see Kogarah have the best attendances out of the five 'home' grounds in 2014? It would send the strongest message possible.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
I fully understand your position Sticks. Support obviously goes beyond whatever dollar value people want to put on it. It's that grass roots support that lays the foundation for the long term.

But this really is turning into a battle for Jubilee. So I urge you to get down to Kogarah, otherwise low crowd figures there will give them an excuse to shaft us further.

How good would it be see Kogarah have the best attendances out of the five 'home' grounds in 2014? It would send the strongest message possible.

This ...
As i said above, unless this movement is stemmed, we wont have a local ground.

Sadly, i think there's an agenda here, and they'll dodgey the crowd figure to suit that agenda. I believe it's been done before.

Father Ted

First Grade
You mistook my post Father...
Shame on you... :D

I should have clearer, as I am totally and utterly opposed to moving to larger venues.

What I said (meant) was its hard to argue against what you posted.

I consider myself a die-hard, along with many.

My point was it appears Dousty and the NRL have taken a short sighted approach, that will lead to short term cash, but, like i said, at what cost. If this isnt pulled back, we will be playing 1-2 games a year at Kogarah.

And yes, we tried it all before... big time flop.

I was'nt have a go at you . Far from it you're one of the nicest people on here. I'm frustrated at the position the club has created for itself. Money wise I wonder if we are becoming the new Cronulla. Signed Worried..

big pat

Coach
I was'nt have a go at you . Far from it you're one of the nicest people on here. I'm frustrated at the position the club has created for itself. Money wise I wonder if we are becoming the new Cronulla. Signed Worried..

we should be worried, the inmates are running the asylum... nurse meds please.

gonz

Juniors
So if memberships drop nbr wise this yr at kogarah
and the gong which seems likely !
Will doust pounce on this saying these grounds
are no longer viable? Grand plan?
So even if fans boycott in protest of new deal they can't win !

Father Ted

First Grade
So if memberships drop nbr wise this yr at kogarah
and the gong which seems likely !
Will doust pounce on this saying these grounds
are no longer viable? Grand plan?
So even if fans boycott in protest of new deal they can't win !

Kogarah and the Gong win if we pack out the grounds . You can't hide a fullhouse.

RedVee

First Grade
I will likely get the 8 game homelands (whatever) option, perhaps go up a grade to get out of the rain (getting soft). I don't know what to do about the other games, I may just pick up the Anzac game.

possm

Coach

Or it may well give Smith and Doust the perfect story on how moving to the bigger stadiums did not cause a down turn in our Kogarah home ground attendances.

I have a horrible feeling that the long term aim is to delete Kogarah from the equation and this might even explain why there has been very little effort in bringing the ST George Leagues Club up to standard.

Maybe there is a long term aim of having us based only at the gong and therefore re-distributing some of our junior clubs north of the gong to the likes of the Sharks, Buldogs and Roosters. The trade-off being a huge upgrade to WIN Statium (Wollongong).

bottle

Coach
Or it may well give Smith and Doust the perfect story on how moving to the bigger stadiums did not cause a down turn in our Kogarah home ground attendances.

I have a horrible feeling that the long term aim is to delete Kogarah from the equation and this might even explain why there has been very little effort in bringing the ST George Leagues Club up to standard.
Ignorance is bliss. From the club's website.

Located in the Premiers Lounge, The Premiers Bar was the very first Bar at St George Leagues Club.

In November The Premier's Bar and The Premier's Lounge will be undertaking massive renovations. Once the renovations are completed, the new Premiers Lounge and Bar will certainly be the talk of the town.

With new bar facilities, beautiful décor and furniture, the new area has been designed with our members and guests in mind.

The Premier's Lounge will be closed from Monday the 18th of November until Friday the 22nd of November and will reopen as the beautiful new Premiers Lounge and Bar on Saturday the 23rd of November.

The link provides artist's impressions of the new facilities.

http://www.stgeorgeleagues.com.au/restaurants-and-bars/bars/premiers-bar

Maybe there is a long term aim of having us based only at the gong and therefore re-distributing some of our junior clubs north of the gong to the likes of the Sharks, Buldogs and Roosters. The trade-off being a huge upgrade to WIN Statium (Wollongong).
Lol, more possm tragic magic.
Was this discussed at a recent phantom board meeting?
Please provide your hypothetical transcript to fill us in.

possm

Coach
Ignorance is bliss. From the club's website.

The link provides artist's impressions of the new facilities.

http://www.stgeorgeleagues.com.au/restaurants-and-bars/bars/premiers-bar

Lol, more possm tragic magic.
Was this discussed at a recent phantom board meeting?
Please provide your hypothetical transcript to fill us in.

Only scratching the surface. I doubt it will make much difference to the profitability of the Club. A very small minded project indeed.

My post was just my personal opinion. I believe to turn things around at the Club, there would need to be 'big events' on a consistent basis. Just can't see a bar and a lounge dong the trick.

bottle

Coach
http://www.stgeorgeleagues.com.au/restaurants-and-bars/restaurants/jubilee-brasserie-restaurant

The Jubilee Brasserie is one of the Flagship Restaurants at St George Leagues.

Showcasing a huge menu range from snacks and salads, to main courses, to deserts and a great offering in each section, the Jubilee Brasserie has been a popular destination for members and guests alike.

The Jubilee Brasserie has undertaken a massive renovation in November this year. This has allowed the décor and ambiance to match the magnificent food our chefs provide.

The Jubilee Brasserie is open from 11.30am and offers a wide variety of dishes from light snacks through to healthy salad and filling main meals. Whether you are looking for a light lunch, a monster burger, pasta and pizza that has that phenomenal Italian flare or Seafood that literally melts in your mouth – the Jubilee Brasserie has every tantalizing taste choice provided for in style.

Whatever the mood, the Jubilee Brasserie has you covered with fresh food delivered daily and cooked to order especially for you. The Brasserie’s mouth watering meals can be shared with a bottle of wine or cold draught beer. Check out our full menu and come down and try the Jubilee Brasserie for yourself, you won’t be disappointed.

http://www.stgeorgeleagues.com.au/restaurants-and-bars/cafes/jubilee-cafe

The Jubilee Cafe has undertaken some massive renovations which will definitely put the Jubilee Cafe on the map.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes, that's possible. And believe it or not possm I had figured that someone would say that.

But there's nothing to be gained by such a defeatist approach.

Are you going to any games next year?

possm

Coach
Yes, that's possible. And believe it or not possm I had figured that someone would say that.

But there's nothing to be gained by such a defeatist approach.

Are you going to any games next year?

My daughter (who is also a mad Dragons supporter) has just moved with family to Bondi. So I will take the opportunity to visit my daughter grand children and go to Dragons games more often. These days I am able to see much more of a game on my big TV screen however, you can never replicate the atmosphere at the ground. So yes I will be taking my daughter and grand kids to a few games.