What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Army Yesterday

slammingsam

Juniors
I won't pull any punches - I hate the Dragons ahead of any other team in the NRL, mostly because of my cocky mates.

Still - I am posting the following with my hatred aside. I'm not sure how many of you are apart of the Dragons army but hopefully you can shed some light.

I can cop banter and despite our differences with any side, it is always good to have a joke around with the opposition after the match and this happens with most sides for me.

I was just wondering and hopefully I can get a proper answer outside of LOL@souffs - Is there any reason besides the fact we won that the Dragons army need to be absolute wankers and throw bottles, some full and some empty at our supporters and in general be absolute wankjobs in how they act? Perhaps the highlight was some numbskull going off his head at our lot after Cooper scored only for karma to hit him.

I think those actions of those who throw bottles etc are disgraceful and goes a long way to recking our image and discouraging people from going to games. I fully support you guys in that you want your stadium to be a fortress and one that other teams fear but I don't think abusing and throwing objects is the right avenue for that.

Cheers

Goodluck for the rest of 2011

The Nick

Bench
I posted something similar in another thread about 1 certain dickhead during the Raiders game who thought it was funny to pour his beer on the head of a Raiders supporter and his wife after the Soward field goal, a truly low act!

I love the Dragons, and for the most part that I've experienced people standing with the Dragon Army are all top people with a great sense of humour. It's just unfortunate that there's a few people who choose to stand with the Army but can't tell the difference between firing off some friendly banter and being a complete farkwit.

Whilst I wasn't at the game, I am willing to bet for the most part the people you are referring to aren't regular members of the Dragon Army and were a minority?

KiamaSaint

Coach
Yeah, that sort of behaviour (throwing bottles) is unacceptable and best left to Belmore and I would think most of the Dragon army would agree.

Handy

Juniors
Sorry to hear this goes on and that the Dragons Army is responsible. Karma is a wonderful thing though.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I was just wondering and hopefully I can get a proper answer outside of LOL@souffs
Sure, but then you say this:
slammingsam said:
Is there any reason besides the fact we won that the Dragons army need to be absolute wankers
Is there any reason why you feel the need to point the finger at the entire Dragon Army?

How many were really involved?

Red V Ultras

Juniors
There where no bottles thrown during the game at Wollongong yesterday, was this guy watching the game from one of the pubs around redfern?

steela

Juniors
There where no bottles thrown during the game at Wollongong yesterday, was this guy watching the game from one of the pubs around redfern?

how do you know that?

i've seen plenty of poor behaviour come from that group, i'm sure most are cool, but there are some blokes in there who make the DA look pretty bad

moik

Bench
I'm not condoning the behaviour but every club would have supporters that would throw bottles after a loss like that. That's life. Get over it.

hardbaby

Coach
I was at the game and didn't see any of this. But I doubt that Slammingsam would lie about it. He seems pretty genuine in his post.

There are always dick heads at the footy. Personally I never boo the opposition. I don't clap when people get injured. But I understand that footy is a tribal game and that people can get a bit carried away. You need to take that with a grain of salt.

But if this bottle throwing stuff is happening (second incident apparently), I doubt that it is the Army. That's just not how the boys show their support. If it is someone in the Army, put them up against a wall and shoot them.

The Major

Bench
In what way do you isolate it to be from within the ranks of the Dragon Army that were throwing stuff? Let me guess... It was someone standing on the hill wearing a red vee jersey? That narrows it down to about 15,000 people. And obviously you were more interested in coming onto a forum to try and throw some mud (and failed) rather then address the matter with the security services on hand or even better, the boys in blue. You are so concerned of course. I hope the bottle didnt hurt your vagina.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I saw objects thrown, NFI what they were but there was something thrown. Much like what happens with the Bulldog Army, it's often "hangers-on" that carry on like this. Like Willow said I know a number of DA members and none of them were responsible for what happened. I couldn't see who it was from my vantage point as it was a bit further down the hill and much closer to the "Rabbitoh Army" as they coined themselves.

Hope you catch the f**kwits.

Probably intruders from other teams like the Bulldogs who did it.

Also, did OP forget about all the shit that Souffs fans threw at Carney?

Cooper-Man

Bench
Hey guys,

I was at the game and standing up the back of the army so my banners to obstuct anyones views.

i saw the empty cans and bottles being thrown. I also saw all the dragon army members telling the person who threw them to stop. I can tell you the guys were not from the army.

I feel like we need to defend ourselves EVERY SEASON, but we cant control who stands with us. We are welcoming to everyone but unfortunately we cant stop people doing these type of things because that leads to possible fights between us and them. It is a job for the authorities and I urge anyone who gets something thown at them to call the closest security guard and point them out.

Wayne's World

First Grade
Perhaps the highlight was some numbskull going off his head at our lot after Cooper scored only for karma to hit him

I was standing behind this clown, not cool.

Hey guys,
i saw the empty cans and bottles being thrown. I also saw all the dragon army members telling the person who threw them to stop. I can tell you the guys were not from the army.

Your right did happen, don't know anyone from the army so can't confirm last bit.

slammingsam

Juniors
Fair enough boys. Thanks for the reply. I probably should have worded my initial arguement better and made myself clearer. I understand every now and then you are bound to come across some wankers and yesterday was just one of those days. I held a few chats with Dragons fans after the game and there was no issues and some spoilt it for others, espicially annoying when there are kids around.

I love the army atmosphere and the Dragons are one of the biggest and loudest so kudos to you fellas who make the noise every game.

Onwards and upwards for the Dragons in 2011.

Cheers

hardbaby

Coach
Glad you are feeling better about it Slamminsam. I live at the top of WA and only see about 2 games live every year. As such I have never joined the Army. Not much point being in the Army if you are never there to fight!!

But I love the sea of red and white every time I watch the telly and am proud of their support at all our games. It is one of many things that makes our club great. If the Dragons team was as passionate as the Army they would never have blown a 20 point lead.