What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons chase Jarryd Hayne

Gareth67

First Grade
Can we please get back onto the subject , is he coming or not . And before anyone asks - no we don’t have newspapers where I live . :pig:

VodkaSaint

Juniors
What are the Chances, Hayne gets himself into Trouble then we sign Norman Instead, Hayne would have been the better choice.
Then JDB gets himself in tangle as well, Two Moments that really got us into Shait

goldiesaintz

Juniors
What are the Chances, Hayne gets himself into Trouble then we sign Norman Instead, Hayne would have been the better choice.
Then JDB gets himself in tangle as well, Two Moments that really got us into Shait

Yep, throw in McGregor the coach and we have a trifecta.
Anyway, looking forward and not back, and the future sheds some light.
How much light will depend on if and when we have some more forward strength.
At present, we are rebuilding the foundation, hopefully, without a house of cards.
Jack Bird must be considered and each way bet.
He has the ability to shine, he also has the body to fail.
The crystal ball will show itself as 2021 progresses.
We the fans are along for the ride.
Just gotta hope we can create some fond memories over the next 12 months.

boardlumps62

Juniors
We should have a punt each way JDB or the Plane Train. Not both will make the cut but I'm 10 to 1 we get both. Imagine them sharing a room on away games. The stories oh the stories better even than the Bowler Hat or the Phantom Biter.

Gareth67

First Grade
We should have a punt each way JDB or the Plane Train. Not both will make the cut but I'm 10 to 1 we get both. Imagine them sharing a room on away games. The stories oh the stories better even than the Bowler Hat or the Phantom Biter.

:relaxed: Been a while since the ‘ Bowler Hat ‘ story was doing the rounds , I suppose that the only injuries that were suffered was to the eye-sight of those innocent pommies .

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I probably mentioned this in another thread somewhere, but I recall watching Hayne playing for the Titans at Kogarah about 3 years ago, we thrashed them that day. It was a great but we knew the opposition were in trouble from the get go.

It was one of the few times I've given it to an opposition player for being so disinterested in playing. On occasions, the bloke would just walk out to the wing. His team mates looked over to him, and a couple of times he gestured back, basically telling them to get stuffed. To the casual observer, Hayne thought he was above the game.

I really don't care about the reported fighting he had with his coach Neil Henry, and the parting shots in the media. Those were the Gold Coast's problems.

IMO, the issue was how he forgot that Rugby League is a team sport and you are supposed to play for each other. What I saw that day went against the fundamentals of the game.

Gareth67

First Grade
I probably mentioned this in another thread somewhere, but I recall watching Hayne playing for the Titans at Kogarah about 3 years ago, we thrashed them that day. It was a great but we knew the opposition were in trouble from the get go.

It was one of the few times I've given it an opposition player for being so disinterested in playing. On occasions, the bloke would just walk out to the wing. His team mates looked over to him, and a couple of times he gestured back, basically telling them to get stuffed. To the casual observer, Hayne thought he was above the game.

I really don't care about the reported fighting he had with his coach Neil Henry, and the parting shots in the media. Those were the Gold Coast's problems.

IMO, the issue was how he forgot that Rugby League is a team sport and you are supposed to play for each other. What I saw that day went against the fundamentals of the game.

Your right Willow , once he became the media’s ‘ rugby league golden boy ‘ his ego skyrocketed to be on par with that of his pay packet . But back to his time on the Gold Coast , there certainly was friction among him and his teammates and most unfortunately with the coach himself who was made to take the fall for the over inflated Hayne .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You only needed to watch origin to see the size of the ego..

Most players when doing something we’ll hug their teammates..

Hayne, on the other hand...

images

images

images

images

Gareth67

First Grade
You only needed to watch origin to see the size of the ego..

Most players when doing something we’ll hug their teammates..

Hayne, on the other hand...

images

images

images

images

Very good point muzby , I recall that very moment in time , I actually said to my brother , whom was over watching the game , basically just what you yourself said - funny how two great minds think alike . :relaxed:

He was the only Blues player on the field , the other players merely watched from the sidelines whilst the overinflated Hayne beat the Queenslanders singlehandedly .

It was a very poor example of sportsmanship by him .