What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons chase Puletua!

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
We should really be looking at sucuring a promising halfback and/or hooker.

Micheal Walsh from Newcastle or Micheal Dobson from Canberra are good options if neither can crack it at there current club.

I am still amazed we didn't make a play from George Gatis. Would have gone straight into starting hooker.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
What about Lance Hohaia as a hooking option. He just can't seem to crack a starting position for the Warriors. Has always had a bit of class about him but I guess he will end up in the uk next time he is off contract.

Nugby

Juniors
I'd take Soward at half over Walsh or Dobson (though his goal-kicking's fantastic) and Ellis over Hohaia but I agree that we do have to look out for talented players on the outer at their own clubs.

W.Smith

Juniors
Frank Puletua ???

No freaking way, I was at the Pen v Can game last night and this guy should be running around with Windsor and hasnt done much for a few years

Tony might be better at a new club but he is close to retirement and I wouldnt waste the money on him

RedVDave

First Grade
Who's Ya Daddy? said:
What about Lance Hohaia as a hooking option. He just can't seem to crack a starting position for the Warriors. Has always had a bit of class about him but I guess he will end up in the uk next time he is off contract.

I might be wrong but i believe he played fullback last night, though whether thats his preferred position or not I doubt it.

Nugby

Juniors
Was meant to be the Kiwis next great halfback but's never been quite good enough. Good Utility player and it didn't take them too long last week to pull Aidan Kirk off and use him there rather than bench hooker to decent effect. Should stay there the rest of the season a la Greg Alexander (fullback because he couldn't dislodge Stacey Jones at the Warriors for younger readers)

MightyRedVee

Juniors
1 year contract would be ok to bolster our pack would be fine just aslong if its 1 year with some clause to review it year by year.He hasnt exactly done much lately but has always had the potential.

Southernsaint

Staff member
The thought of signing Puletua is, in the words of Chaz Michael Michaels, mind-bottling.

Throwing good money after bad. We'd be better of securing the juniors or going after a "proper" high profile signing.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Tony Puletua would be a great signing. He has won a comp before and can run hard. Has had a few injuries in the past but when fully fit can run hard. Can also play prop or 2nd row. He would be a great addition.

petetheileet

First Grade
true slippery, i eman he has it in him...a change of scenery might be the thing he needs to bring the best out in him!

Wicks

Juniors
Hanscholo said:
Let Houston go and sign Puletua...It speaks for itself really.

Since Houston is an International NRL premiership player :sarcasm:

Houston left because we thought the money was better off going to Chase Stanley in 2009 and 2010 Houston type players are not a rarity in our junior ranks

Puletua at a discount would be getting the money set aside for Jeremy Smith and Willie Mason before they became too expensive As you see another two International NRL premiership players

Penrith owe us for throwing Ross their way but its not going to happen

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Godz Illa said:
Yeah, bit like releasing Anthony Quinn and signing Adam MacDougall.

Agree with Wicks' post btw.

Nice.

Don't forget they were nice enough to take Mad Pup off our hands too.

brendothejet

First Grade
people calling out for a half back have gotta wake up.

Seriously Soward has been a revelation at the club. He always gives 120 percent and some of the set plays and kicks he has pulled off have been nothing short of breathtaking.

Puletua...meh. If we got him reallly cheap it'd be ok.

But we wont. we will spend too much.

Latest posts