What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons fight for young star -

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I read somewhere that they wanted Carr to build up as they thought his frame was a bit slight perhaps similar to Dufty. It seems like Mary is a bit of a lone wolf and
ignores the other three coaches.
Spot on mary has to have total control. You hit the nail on the head

Old Timer

Coach
Yes sorry the Robert Stone try was in the 1977 Grand Final Replay. It was a beauty!

Stoney was a great player for the Dragons and he passed away far too early.

Graded at 17 and played 1st grade at 18 and later on was picked in the first SOO match. He certainly was a star at a young age.

The players he had to meet as an18 year old were tough and at times violent and he made it through so why do we keep mothering these young men today?

For heavens sake some of the U/20's players are bigger than our 1st graders.

I always thought the club did the wrong thing by Stoney, as he started getting close to Sticks record for 1st grade games played, they let him go but to his great credit he came back to the club later in an admin role and he did it very well.

monsterkev

Juniors
Theres a protest thread, we all want the same, could easily get hundreds to gather outside the leagues club, and all have our say, got about 4 that said they would come, pretty f**kin disappointing, the usual excuses, it wont do anything, no point, they won't sack Doust, blah blah blah, but so called supporters whinge about comment's, THE TRUTH not helping, or doing any good, go figure, anyway, i will put up a date for the protest, I will make my banner, go to the front of the leagues club, and then at least I will sleep at night knowing im not just some plastic keyboard warrior, that's happy to keep typing away, about how shit things are, but not willing to get off my ass, and at least try something, after the latest incident, its the perfect time for the fans to get out in the public eye. A big push from the Dragons fans will definitely help the cause.
you and i have said similar things but unfortunately the dragons supporters dont want to or are a bunch of pussies when it comes time to back up there views i live in mackay and i am prepared to fly to sydney for a fair dinkum protest but i would be pissed if only 10 people bothered to show up

Dragonbaal

Juniors
you and i have said similar things but unfortunately the dragons supporters dont want to or are a bunch of pussies when it comes time to back up there views i live in mackay and i am prepared to fly to sydney for a fair dinkum protest but i would be pissed if only 10 people bothered to show up
You are so right so many people on here whinge and b%&ch but don't want to do anything about it, so challenge all of us to be at the protest...It cannot be just an OUST DOUST fest, we have to have someone speaking and providing points that we have all discussed on here in an orderly manner. I will be there even though I will be at the central coast on saturday night, I intend to get back early enough for it

GKJ79

Juniors

monsterkev, if you are willing to do that, I will pay for your airfare, the next step is good old facebook, and twitter to really get the ball rolling, will organize an MC, then all everyone needs to do is turn up, it cant all be organised in a day, and people need a little notice, so hopefully redVdave can do his bit, and between us we can get everything rolling, will put a new thread up shortly.

GKJ79

Juniors
You are so right so many people on here whinge and b%&ch but don't want to do anything about it, so challenge all of us to be at the protest...It cannot be just an OUST DOUST fest, we have to have someone speaking and providing points that we have all discussed on here in an orderly manner. I will be there even though I will be at the central coast on saturday night, I intend to get back early enough for it

Champion DragonBaal, we will use the rest if this week to get the word out, and protest some time next week.

Father Ted

First Grade
  1. That true rev but if offered a lot of money this will probably swing it to the dogs. It not like they haven't been taking dragons juniors before just to name a few. Both morris boys, chase stanley ect.
Ross Kite, Kevin Ryan ,Johnny Greaves Maybe we can interest them in a CEO ..Dogs by name Dogs by,

Old Timer

Coach
  1. That true rev but if offered a lot of money this will probably swing it to the dogs. It not like they haven't been taking dragons juniors before just to name a few. Both morris boys, chase stanley ect.
You have to be fair these guys were no longer juniors when they decided to go to the Dogs.

Our club dealt with the Morris brothers situation very poorly and Chase Stanley had already left us once before and returned and then left again and unfortunately he was a basket case for injuries.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
You have to be fair these guys were no longer juniors when they decided to go to the Dogs.

Our club dealt with the Morris brothers situation very poorly and Chase Stanley had already left us once before and returned and then left again and unfortunately he was a basket case for injuries.
Fair enough but just read the list that father ted put there and there are others. But my point is we loss them all the time. To dogs and others. We must make our good juniors feel like they have somewhere to go and give them a run in first grade. We have plenty of good players in u 20 as you no as well as steelers u18 and we need to keep them. As I have said before just like Gould has done at the panthers.

nrlnrl

First Grade
As far as Leila is concerned, he's going to weigh up the options. He can stay with long time friends or strive for success at a consistent contender with a good coach & a bunch of top class forwards to help him realise his potential.

blacksafake

First Grade
As far as Leila is concerned, he's going to weigh up the options. He can stay with long time friends or strive for success at a consistent contender with a good coach & a bunch of top class forwards to help him realise his potential.
Lets hope he loves his friends.

Bench
The Dragons may have to do what the knights are doing now and just flood the squad with young players and assume they will have to endure some pain for the good of the clubs future.

This is all under the assumption Mary is gone and thats a big if but needs to be.

If Creagh retires
Marshall, Thompson, Rein, Marketo and Quinlan are not retained
Cooper gone
Mata'Utia and Ikahihfo released
Lafai and Havili are sacked
Farrell already retired

Thats eases the cap

Having already retained Herbert, Sele and Garrick
They then could keep leuila and Dufty
Actually develop Tom Carr who imo could be anything
Promote Lawrie, I Thompson, Taufa and leatigaga into the top 30 players

Look for any good english players James Green has been mentioned

Sign a promising player like Kerr from the Storm

Maybe offer contracts to the better Cutters players like Sironen, Coster, Dodd.
I think Kerr has been signed, sure I saw that spmewhere

Red V for life

Juniors
I'm hoping he sees it as a chance to, with a core group of mates, bring a once proud and successful club back to glory and leave one hell of a legacy!

Hopefully, the Red V is strong in this one (and the other u20s mentioned earlier in the thread).

Latest posts