What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons fired with religious fervour to end long wait

adamkungl

Immortal
The fans - probably the most knowledgeable in the NRL - will flood across to the leagues club or stream up to the Royal Hotel, Carlton, and bathe in the after-glow of the match.

I got a laugh out of that...

fabs

Juniors
"Hope springs eternal at Kogarah. It sometimes springs insane."

Love it!! Can't wait for Sunday!

TheRev

Coach
gah I have goose-bumps too.. but omg.. expectation much???

so happy that finals footy is here, all 4 games will be rippers.

saint_girl

Juniors
One of the best articles I have ever read about our Saints :)

Bring on Sunday. It will be one awesome game. it will be my first actual game of the season to be at the ground finally.

No, I am not a bandwagon supporter before you think that. I am a true supporter and have been all my life. I just happened to bring another Saints supporter into the world, so I have been busy with her :D.

I can't wait to get there and scream my lungs out until I can yell no more. :lol:

moik

Bench
I'm a Steelers convert and that still gave me shivers.

Brilliant article.

Good God,

I am at work and nearly cried, that is what st.george is all about. I have been to all kogarah games this year, and on Sunday Night, when they bought the trophy around, i was so proud to be a dragons supporter. I have an easts supporter in our office, and i told him being a dragons supporter, you have to make sacrifices, because he sent me this email (a dummy dragons member app form which listed silly questions ie:

1. would you be prepared to do the teams laundry:
2, would you be prepared to take the officials/players to games
3. would you be prepared to have one of the following surgery:
- one eye removed
- heart surgery
- brain removal surgery

I replied to him (even though he was making fun of saints members), i said being a saints fan is all about sacrifices, it is being passionate about your team, and for the last one i said i had the one eye removed and now i'm a passionate ONE EYED DRAGONS SUPPORTER.

No one makes fun of the back to back minor premiers. Anyone makes fun of them i just give it right back to them. October 3rd is one day shy of my 30th birthday, so i have waited just one year shy of 31 years to see a premiership.

I will not be there on Sunday on the Hill with the Army due to a prior committment, but you can be rest assured i will be at home watching it, and acting as if i was at the game (screaming my lungs out). So all the fans that do go out there on Sunday, sing it loud, sing it proud, we are St. George Illawarra, we are the loyalist league supporters, maddest, and most passionate dragons supporters in the entire world. We are one, but we are many, and no one will take away what is rightfully ours (that is the premiership this year), it will be coming to it's spiritual home, and as Wayne said, we will start a dynasty, and we will own the nrl for years to come.

ST.GEORGE FANS FIRE UP!!!!!!!

Jono1987

Juniors
Well it's not like Roy would dedicate an article to the Roosters or Raiders. Just not enough people give a sh*t about those clubs.

TheRev

Coach
- Good point about the SMH format, id love if it came in a different format.. though its also good that it can be pulled apart, but surely there is a better way.

- And yes the article really was a bit of a tribute to the history and origins of league in general, not just StGeorge.

- I would rather be reading this if we make a grand-final though, though I suppose the article started out explaining why we were playing the final at home in Week 1.

Latest posts