What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons girls are into the grand final

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Waiting their turn!...they have so far and it is up and running earlier than planned anyway so there is nothing wrong with waiting their turn. When they have more support and traction than the state cup on GF day or during a season you talk about and however soon that is I will change my tune...but not yet
Perhaps you need to take this up with the NRL. Afterall, they are the ones responsible for promoting the game they run. They obviously rank the NRLW decider higher than a one-off match between two state club sides. Again, the NSWRL and QRL competitions have already had their deciders.
I was disappointed for the girls in the change of atmosphere and I know how happy they were to play and be there in front of how many there were watching and cheering anyway. See to the girls it would not of mattered when..but for the supporters out there I believe it did.
Well that's your opinion.

There were more people watching the womens grand final than the state final. Still early in the day and the atmosphere seemed fine.

I was disappointed with the result, was hoping for a closer game at least. I wonder if we'd be having this discussion if Saints won the NRLW.

BLM01

First Grade
Was the change in atmosphere due to the match being a one way encounter instead of a close match like the ones either side - or was it because they were women?

I think you’ll find it’s the former.. There have been plenty of one sided matches on grand final day, even in the big dance.. And unless it’s your team handing out the thrashing, it gets pretty boring - a great time to head to the bar or chat to your mate next to you instead of watching the game...

Nevertheless, for atmosphere on the day I’d take a 30 point thrashing watching Dapto play Figtree instead of One Republic doing a cover of a Beyoncé ballad...
You were not there I presume...the exodus happened between games not during and it was only 10-0 girls at half time. You are clutching at PC and everything else except facts of what might of been spectator and maybe TV viewer as well preferences

BLM01

First Grade
Perhaps you need to take this up with the NRL. Afterall, they are the ones responsible for promoting the game they run. They obviously rank the NRLW decider higher than a one-off match between two state club sides. Again, the NSWRL and QRL competitions have already had their deciders.
Well that's your opinion.

There were more people watching the womens grand final than the state final. Still early in the day and the atmosphere seemed fine.

I was disappointed with the result, was hoping for a closer game at least. I wonder if we'd be having this discussion if Saints won the NRLW.

Point 1. Why would I take it up with NRL they will always put PC 1st before anything and as you say my opinion as is this forum.
Point 2. At the game maybe as natural progression of time people roll in the gates but the atmosphere / support was not the same as the state cup. If you were there Willow you saw it different to I did at the ground.
Point 3. I was deeply disappointed in both the Dragons game plan and mistakes but put the mistake part down to nerves. there were signs in the Roosters game that their middle and wingers really needed to ai up and they did not.
My point had nothing to do with who won or who played. It would not of mattered IMO and I still would of made it.
Enjoy your day today guys and gals as off to work.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You were not there I presume...the exodus happened between games not during and it was only 10-0 girls at half time. You are clutching at PC and everything else except facts of what might of been spectator and maybe TV viewer as well preferences
No clutching at any PC straws - as I said it’s a case of a thrilling, close game being followed by a drubbing.

Out of curiosity, where was the crowd exodus?

Because the crowd looks much bigger at the NRLW final:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Point 1. Why would I take it up with NRL they will always put PC 1st before anything and as you say my opinion as is this forum.
It took a while, but we finally got there.

I wasn't referring to anything PC-related, but thanks for opening up with your actual opinion regarding the placement of the NRLW Grand Final.
Point 2. At the game maybe as natural progression of time people roll in the gates but the atmosphere / support was not the same as the state cup. If you were there Willow you saw it different to I did at the ground.
More people due to "natural progression of time..."
LOL.. just for a moment I thought we'd see women get some credit, but maybe they are competing with nature and time as well as everything else.

The state game had an exciting finish and every RL supporter in Sydney has a soft spot for Newtown. Burleigh aren't even well liked in Queensland, sort of like the Gold Coast version of Manly. It's fair to say that Newtown winning on the bell was a good result for the people, comrade.

Unfortunately the NRLW Grand Final was more lopsided. Good if you were a Brisbane supporter but it kept us Saints supporters at bay.
Point 3. I was deeply disappointed in both the Dragons game plan and mistakes but put the mistake part down to nerves. there were signs in the Roosters game that their middle and wingers really needed to ai up and they did not.
My point had nothing to do with who won or who played. It would not of mattered IMO and I still would of made it.
The Leichhardt game against Easts wasn't nearly as tough as the Grand Final. Brisbane won because they simply muscled up. I'm reluctant to blame wingers when the forwards are battling to get on top.
Enjoy your day today guys and gals as off to work.
I started work at 6:30am. The boss is a bastard.

BLM01

First Grade
No clutching at any PC straws - as I said it’s a case of a thrilling, close game being followed by a drubbing.

Out of curiosity, where was the crowd exodus?

Because the crowd looks much bigger at the NRLW final:

atmosphere Muz...atmosphere..and It was only a drubbing in the 2nd half.
They were still in it up their ....es at half time.

BLM01

First Grade
It took a while, but we finally got there.

I wasn't referring to anything PC-related, but thanks for opening up with your actual opinion regarding the placement of the NRLW Grand Final.
More people due to "natural progression of time..."
LOL.. just for a moment I thought we'd see women get some credit, but maybe they are competing with nature and time as well as everything else.

The state game had an exciting finish and every RL supporter in Sydney has a soft spot for Newtown. Burleigh aren't even well liked in Queensland, sort of like the Gold Coast version of Manly. It's fair to say that Newtown winning on the bell was a good result for the people, comrade.

Unfortunately the NRLW Grand Final was more lopsided. Good if you were a Brisbane supporter but it kept us Saints supporters at bay.
The Leichhardt game against Easts wasn't nearly as tough as the Grand Final. Brisbane won because they simply muscled up. I'm reluctant to blame wingers when the forwards are battling to get on top.
I started work at 6:30am. The boss is a bastard.
What I meant re wingers was more Rikaya Horne is quite often out of position for the kick and they were unlucky Brisbane not to score another try in the 1st half. They were certainly not the reason. But the middle and their game plan for the hooker to never run and back rowers to remain on the edge and not move in to assist in more hit ups was an issue I thought in every game.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
atmosphere Muz...atmosphere..and It was only a drubbing in the 2nd half.
They were still in it up their ....es at half time.
I thought it was exodus? Why is it now atmosphere?

But we’ve already covered atmosphere - of course a match where a team wins on the buzzer will have better atmosphere than a one sided event..

Have a look at the AFL grand final - anyone who wasn’t a Richmond fan didn’t give a hoot after half time..

BLM01

First Grade

But we’ve already covered atmosphere - of course a match where a team wins on the buzzer will have better atmosphere than a one sided event..

Have a look at the AFL grand final - anyone who wasn’t a Richmond fan didn’t give a hoot after half time..
It was both

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It was both
Ok..

The exodus has been proven to be incorrect and the atmosphere comes down to the result on field..

Given that you can’t predict the infield result, what exactly are you wanting changed about the day?

BLM01

First Grade
Ok..

The exodus has been proven to be incorrect and the atmosphere comes down to the result on field..

Given that you can’t predict the infield result, what exactly are you wanting changed about the day?
The result of the girls game and the Canberra game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Exodus was the second book of the Old Testament. Atmosphere gets a mention but you have to look closely and apply a donkeyload of interpretation. In both accounts, history has been rewritten.

Yes, I know... I am risking an ungodly amount of retribution for harbouring such thoughts.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Exodus was the second book of the Old Testament. Atmosphere gets a mention but you have to look closely and apply a donkeyload of interpretation. In both accounts, history has been rewritten.

Yes, I know... I am risking an ungodly amount of retribution for harbouring such thoughts.
I’m curious as to how much a donkeyload is..

Is it more than a shitload?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hang on.. Did I just write something that got past the word filter?

Yay me!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
As much as a donkey can carry. Did you not pay attention in scripture class?
Not really.. I was too busy crushing up and snorting fruit tingle lollies with a mate..

True story..

And I like the new filter.. I think I’ll be using that a shitload more from now on..

Latest posts