What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons home ground to small for semis..

MightySharks

Bench
It looks highly likely that the Dragons will play the Sharks in week 1 of the semis at WIN stadium.
I must say I am not happy about the fact that a season ticket holder like myself who has been to 22 games this year and others are in danger of missing a local derby semi-final (at wollongong).
Surley with leagues popularity this game could be moved to accomadte the fans that turn up everyweek and spend thousands of dollars every year, only to make the semis and be faced with missing the biggest game of the year for my club.

I wish we were playing the tigers so at least I could get a seat.

taxidriver

Coach
as far as saints are concerned, the less opposition supporters the better.

Isn't that the idea of home ground advantage ?

innsaneink

Referee
To-g- T--ti-s

Pick a consonant Mighty Sharks.

Dont point the finger atthe Dragons, they earned their choice, have a look at your own team, they had their chance to host a semi , were up there most of the year...., frittered it away with poor play.

Southernsaint

Staff member
MightySharks said:
It looks highly likely that the Dragons will play the Sharks in week 1 of the semis at WIN stadium.
I must say I am not happy about the fact that a season ticket holder like myself who has been to 22 games this year and others are in danger of missing a local derby semi-final (at wollongong).
Surley with leagues popularity this game could be moved to accomadte the fans that turn up everyweek and spend thousands of dollars every year, only to make the semis and be faced with missing the biggest game of the year for my club.

I wish we were playing the tigers so at least I could get a seat.

Firstly, it is irrelevant that you're a Scum season ticket holder, it is a DRAGONS home game.

Secondly, the club has reserved the right to play the game wherever they want & where they think they can derive the biggest advantage. Attendance numbers mean little because the NRL gets the gate. The Scum haven't played at WIN since the days of the Steelers, the club thinks that this is an advantage to the home team…

There will be no away supporters at WIN Stadium. I can't wait.

MightySharks

Bench
Maybe, but all I am asking is that away season ticket holders can get a seat not the general public. There is also going to be a large amount of St Geporge-Illawarra supporters who will miss out.

BWNB

First Grade
Its not fair for die hards like me i wont be able to go cause im not a season seat holder move the game to telstra they play at oki every week

MightySharks

Bench
Southernsaint said:
Firstly, it is irrelevant that you're a Scum season ticket holder, it is a DRAGONS home game.

Secondly, the club has reserved the right to play the game wherever they want & where they think they can derive the biggest advantage. Attendance numbers mean little because the NRL gets the gate. The Scum haven't played at WIN since the days of the Steelers, the club thinks that this is an advantage to the home team…

There will be no away supporters at WIN Stadium. I can't wait.

I wonder if you would feel the same way if you a loyal fan would have no chance to watch your team play in a semi.
As for the scum part of your answer, trust a dragons fan too resort to name calling so early.

mickdo

Coach
Probably a bit unfair to some supporters who might miss out, but it's up to the Dragons as to where they want to play it. The team winning should be priority number one for the supporters anyway.

MightySharks

Bench
I understand why they want to play there. It's just a shame that that a seaon ticket holder like myself might miss the game.

But I have a feeling I'll be there somehow!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Pretty dumb thread Mighty Sharks, your season ticket doesnt qualify - simple. Tell your team to get a top four spot next year.

More opposition supporters telling us where to play our home games.

Well done Saints... you're definitely doing somethiing right.

move the game to telstra they play at oki every week
It's being played at WIN.

For the record, I have a season ticket to Kogarah (I can only afford so many air tickets a year) and won't be able to attend a sellout at WIN unless I get in early with all the others. But I'm not complaining. That's how the cards fall sometimes.

MightySharks

Bench
Willow said:
Pretty dumb thread Mighty Sharks, your season ticket doesnt qualify - simple. Tell your team to get a top four spot next year.

More opposition supporters telling us where to play our home games.

Well done Saints... you're definitely doing somethiing right.

It's being played at WIN.

For the record, I have a season ticket to Kogarah (I can only afford so many air tickets a year) and won't be able to attend a sellout at WIN unless I get in early with all the others. But I'm not complaining. That's how the cards fall sometimes.

All I can say mate is put yourself in my shoes, a bloke who travels evey where to go to the footy, loves the game, loves his team and who goes to the trouble to pay for a season seat every year. Many others in here are the same.

I wonder how you would feel if denied the chance to watch your team play a semi.

What I am suggesting, as as the case in other sports is that a small section be made available for opposition supporters who hold a season ticket so they can witness thier team play in the biggest game of the year.

It's easy to give it to Sharks fans now but sometime in the future the same thing may happen to you.

BWNB

First Grade
welll it is very harsh on my if i cant afford a season ticket i cant go to the game beacue all the tickets will be all gone its just not fair and im a diehead:(

Mr Saab

Referee
mighty sharks...you do have a strong point, but all you can do is voice your concern. Having said that, no one at the saints will listen to you.

Home ground adv is good, but it should still be played at the SFS like it was between 1988 and 1998

Scott

Bench
If it's a Dragons home game then tough titties for Sharks fans!

Perhaps your team should have won more games during the year and therefore you would have at a final at Toyota Park.

BWNB

First Grade
Scott said:
If it's a Dragons home game then tough titties for Sharks fans!

Perhaps your team should have won more games during the year and therefore you would have at a final at Toyota Park.

sometimes the ref can interfere with the game i can remeber one game we should of won but lost from a poor call so that would make us on 30 points 2 outside the 4 with 1 week to go owell...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mighty Sharks said:
All I can say mate is put yourself in my shoes, a bloke who travels evey where to go to the footy, loves the game, loves his team and who goes to the trouble to pay for a season seat every year. Many others in here are the same.

I wonder how you would feel if denied the chance to watch your team play a semi.
I did put myself in your shoes. Read my post again.

MightySharks

Bench
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
welll it is very harsh on my if i cant afford a season ticket i cant go to the game beacue all the tickets will be all gone its just not fair and im a diehead:(

They have to have some way to give out the tickets, unfortunatley for you season ticket holders should have first shot at any tickets.

Next year buy a general admission season ticket if you can afford it, they are reasonably cheap and you get the advantage of

-$8 away tickets to all NSW games
-Priority on State of origin tickets
-Priority on all final tickets
-Less lining up on game day
-Never have to worry abut a game selling out as you have a ticket.

Scott

Bench
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
sometimes the ref can interfere with the game i can remeber one game we should of won but lost from a poor call so that would make us on 30 points 2 outside the 4 with 1 week to go owell...

wtf???

Latest posts