What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons home ground to small for semis..

BWNB

First Grade
MightySharks said:
They have to have some way to give out the tickets, unfortunatley for you season ticket holders should have first shot at any tickets.

Next year buy a general admission season ticket if you can afford it, they are reasonably cheap and you get the advantage of

-$8 away tickets to all NSW games
-Priority on State of origin tickets
-Priority on all final tickets
-Less lining up on game day
-Never have to worry abut a game selling out as you have a ticket.

Do you have any idea on how much they are?
i was thinking of getting one in the ET stand this year but i didnt have a job then and couldn't afford it now i do i can next year

nqboy

First Grade
I can see both sides. The Dragons are entitled to the venue where they think they get their best advantage, opposition season ticket-holders are entitled to feel hard done by if they can't get a ticket.

Playing at the SFS would be better for the game by allowing more fans to watch it live, but what club in the Dragons' position would give up their advantage?

MightySharks

Bench
Willow said:
Pretty dumb thread Mighty Sharks, your season ticket doesnt qualify - simple. Tell your team to get a top four spot next year.

I think it should, as I said opposition season ticket holders supporters should have a small area made available to them.

BWNB

First Grade
Scott said:

means we would be able to get a home semi if we got some of the calls go our way, i mean we would be 2 points outside the top 4 and a chance at getting in , if that was the case we wouldnt have to worry about playing the dragons we would prob play the storm at home but thats not the case

MightySharks

Bench
nqboy said:
I can see both sides. The Dragons are entitled to the venue where they think they get their best advantage, opposition season ticket-holders are entitled to feel hard done by if they can't get a ticket.

Playing at the SFS would be better for the game by allowing more fans to watch it live, but what club in the Dragons' position would give up their advantage?

I would like them to move the game but understand why they don't want too. I just think opposition season ticket holders should have some chance to get a ticket.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Charlie Saab said:
mighty sharks...you do have a strong point, but all you can do is voice your concern. Having said that, no one at the saints will listen to you.

Home ground adv is good, but it should still be played at the SFS like it was between 1988 and 1998
If the situation was reversed, you wouldnt hear anything about it. The ground rules are there for all to see. There is no argument.

Tell me, are we going to play Broncos games, or Cowboys games, at the SFS to accomodate Sydney supporters?

MightySharks

Bench
Razor said:
18,000 people in an 18,000 seat stadium is better than 31,000 in a 40,000 seat stadium

How do you figure that? 31,000 is more than enough to create an unbelievable atmosphere.
One of the best them about a sem,i is the two sets of fans yelling and chanting back and foward before and during all game.

When the Sharks played the Dragons in 1999 and 2002 they were the best games atmosphere wise I have attended.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
MightySharks said:
I would like them to move the game but understand why they don't want too. I just think opposition season ticket holders should have some chance to get a ticket.
Opposition season ticket holder, please read my lips: The Sharks did not finish in the top four.

MightySharks

Bench
Willow said:
If the situation was reversed, you wouldnt hear anything about it. The ground rules are there for all to see. There is no argument.

Tell me, are we going to play Broncos games, or Cowboys games, at the SFS to accomodate Sydney supporters?

No one expects that, its not the point. I am asking that away supporters be granted a small number of seats at home semi-finals

brokendigit

Juniors
MS - some good points... however...

Your team has forfeited any right you have as a fan by wasting their best football between rounds 1 & 10...

By played so poorly, Cronulla have put themselves in the position of being cannon-fodder for the teams with form at the right time of the year.

You've got no grounds for complaining about not getting a ticket, in my opinion.

Razor

Coach
MightySharks said:
How do you figure that? 31,000 is more than enough to create an unbelievable atmosphere.
One of the best them about a sem,i is the two sets of fans yelling and chanting back and foward before and during all game.

When the Sharks played the Dragons in 1999 and 2002 they were the best games atmosphere wise I have attended.

Sell-outs in a small stadium are always better than a big stadium being 25% empty

MightySharks

Bench
Hindyscrack said:
Toyota Park is no bigger then WIN so what are you sharks fans crying about anyway?

3500 bigger. I would be more than happy for those seats and a few more to be given to away season ticket holders. The 19 000 home supporters would still drown out those supporters and still have the feeling of a home final.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
MightySharks said:
Arrogant fugger, Hopefully the same happens to you one day.
Listen up fugger, you havent read a thing that's been written here. I have already explained that I'll be missing out like anyone else.

Take your Sharkie glasses off for one moment and then grow up some.

Mr Saab

Referee
MightySharks said:

ignore razor...he is insanse.

Latest posts