What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons interested in Valentine Holmes

WHOOSHKAA!!

Juniors
Hey people please dont shoot the messenger...

Was out and about last night meet a few of the cutters and dragons players out behaving themselves.
Apparently Mary was not happy having missed out on the signings of
Roberts and Bird.
Couple of the boys were saying Marys priority for next year is Valantine Holmes.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Hey Minh, I apologize for the late reply. I was so busy last week. Unbelievable I could finish all that and not make any mistakes but I did. At least nothing noticeable. In this respect I did better than Mary last season. If you want to nominate me for head coach I won't decline. I respect Objective View but I like what Mary has done except JDB at halfback was ridiculous.

Anyway, to the point, WTF do you think I'm paranoid about? Insofar as 'lightening up', I know I take success or failure for the Dragons too seriously. But FFS, this is a Dragons forum!

What is it that you think I was wrong about? If you can provide a specific example I will apologize to the person or persons in question.

Now we come to the crux of the situation. I only mentioned Lenin one time in passing. Someone seized upon that comment and started a thread on the topic. I still have only ever quoted Lenin a few times trying as best I can to keep the quote relevant to what is being discussed.

I mean even the 'free press' doesn't come right out and state Lenin was a bad guy. They merely make the general suggestion and leave it up to morons like you to go a step further.

So if that is all you have, FFS, get a hobby and stop feaking out so much about whatever it is I am saying.

After all, Lenin said: 'Ignorance never yet helped anybody.' and no, the Serb who made this video isn't "our Serb".

You're well out of line again and your garbage is wearing thin.
Try talk about footy or just f*ck off.

Not sure they will get Holmes i doubt the scum would let him leave but you never know.

I think a bigger priority is a 7 for next year.

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Hey Vas, it must have felt good firing back those big cannons, must of felt good to get the victory......

Back on topic and I think the fact that we chased Roberts hard and now having a look at Holmes IMO has a bit to do with adding more speed to our backline as we already have some terrific players like Dugan, Nighty and Lafai as well as a promising up and comer in Aitken who all have strengths but I guess outright speed isn't really one of them. I doubt Cronulla will let him go though....

The Nick

Bench
I'm taking the wait-and-see approach with Mann and I hope he becomes a revelation at fullback, but if we could jag Holmes I think that would be the icing on our top 4 aspirations cake.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I'm taking the wait-and-see approach with Mann and I hope he becomes a revelation at fullback, but if we could jag Holmes I think that would be the icing on our top 4 aspirations cake.

Add to that, it would be nice to poach the sharks best up and comer.

BrissyRedV

Bench
IMO he's greatly undervalued at the Sharks. I believe he's the best fullback in the club yet they refuse to acknowledge it. How far down the pecking order is he now?

Yeah for sure. The fact that they are willing to Bird ahead of him in the pecking order for fullback as well as Barba is testament to this. He isn't likely to be on a massive contract currently but can the sharks in the future afford to do what bulldogs have done and pay one of their wingers fullback money?

Minh

First Grade

Agree with this assessment, I hope Mann plays well if in fact he plays FB but Holmes would be a real coup.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Agree with this assessment, I hope Mann plays well if in fact he plays FB but Holmes would be a real coup.

Mann does and he plays it better than centre. Round 13 and 14 in 2014 if you want to see a little footage. Can also find some under 20s footage as well.

Minh

First Grade
Mann does and he plays it better than centre. Round 13 and 14 in 2014 if you want to see a little footage. Can also find some under 20s footage as well.

Cheers BrissyRedV, that would help bcos I've never seen him or actually noticed him when he played.

I can be as guilty of getting off topic as the next man. I apologise for that right now, and applaud people like Mihn for their forbearance.

Umm... back to topic. If Mann can properly cover fullback (I guess I'm really thinking back to when Mick Potter had that spot sewn up), then I reckon we have the potential of fielding quite a potent backline. And one that can tackle too.

I'm quite optimistic about 2016. Maybe even a little exited.

Minh

First Grade
I can be as guilty of getting off topic as the next man. I apologise for that right now, and applaud people like Mihn for their forbearance.

Umm... back to topic. If Mann can properly cover fullback (I guess I'm really thinking back to when Mick Potter had that spot sewn up), then I reckon we have the potential of fielding quite a potent backline. And one that can tackle too.

I'm quite optimistic about 2016. Maybe even a little exited.

Me too CH and really looking forward to first round kick off.....and like yourself quite optimistic about our chances.

Would love to see this guy in the big red V.

Valentine is an excitement machine.

If Benji leaves and Mann is able to star as a number 7, Holmes would be a great attacking Full Back.

Given the fact that we have Duges and Mann and Matautia and Quinlan, not sure why we would chase Holmes.

hardbaby

Coach
Would love to see this guy in the big red V.

Valentine is an excitement machine.

If Benji leaves and Mann is able to star as a number 7, Holmes would be a great attacking Full Back.

Given the fact that we have Duges and Mann and Matautia and Quinlan, not sure why we would chase Holmes.

Because Mann will end up in the halves, Duges as a centre and Mata at wing. Add Holmes at fullback. Nighty at wing. Lafai at centre. Widdop in the halves. Aitken as first reserve centre. Milne as first reserve wing. That's a lot faster, more dynamic backline and it is right there with one simple signing. Use Benji's money.

Latest posts