What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons just lost the Premiership today

Loudstrat

Coach
Poor Parramatta.

Today was their Grand Final.

Stick on topic - this is about your club.

BTW - our grand final is usually round 1 - stuffed if we lose that one and usually if we win it as well.

Anyway, back to the stupid thread. I have seen no evidence that Saints shouldn't be favorites. Wests threw away some chances today against a lacklustre side. If it wasn't for the class of Farah and the defence of Ellis they wouldn't have won. Likewise, Penrith's big win doesn't suggest they are out of the woods either.

Plenty of sides are going through mini slumps and coming good, but it's still 6 weeks to go. While any of the top 7, IMHO, can emerge as the real deal in the finals, Saints are, by far, still the ones most likely. I still think the Titans are smokies.

BTW - unless they lose next week they will be top two. They already have a home semi (WIN please). Id rather be in their position than any one elses at the moment.

Goddo

Bench
won't be win you dope... the western grandstand is in ruins.

Jubilee Oval will host the Final. Maybe SFS or ANZ if they shift it, but don't count on it, especially if its the Broncos/Warriors/Raiders (which are most likelies).

boxhead

First Grade
Luke Burt?

Also why not post on your main account

Wow that's really smart. Even though Luke Burt has won more games for Parramatta than any other player (aside from Mick Cronin) because of his brilliant goal-kicking. The amount of goals he kicks from the sidelines every year compared to most goal-kickers is incredible, and yet he still manages to successfully kick the majority of them.
He didn't seem to choke last week did he, when the Eels season was on the line? If I recall, he did not miss a single kick and scored the match-winning try.

On the main topic, the TC is a delusional prick. He came into the Parra forums and spouted similar sh*t, and has done the same thing in two seperate topics (both of which he created) about the Dragons and the Eels. Just ignore him, he is a merkin excuse for a life.

I still reckon the Dragons will do well this year; I don't see why people always have to kick opposition teams down when they lose, and rub it in to opposition fans, it is just disgraceful behaviour.
But no. You get tonnes of threads each year on 'Dragons choking', 'Rabbits are crap' and what not because of genius people who will never achieve anything in life deciding they have to write sh*t about other teams and say sh*t to their fans.
I wouldn't worry Dragons fans; it wasn't a choke at all, it was more that the Raiders are just the Dragons' bogey team, and it showed.

Spot On

Coach
Don't know about choking but the Drags do struggle against big aggressive packs. It will be an interesting semi if Canberra finish 8th.

mongoose

Coach
Dragons should be more worried about conceding 32 points in a half. Dragons losing in canberra is a given, just like the raiders losing to the storm every year.

gregstar

Referee
yeah. we're gone.

better luck next year creeping & co.

so do we just forfeit now or do you still want us to show up?

beads6

First Grade
I don't think the Dragons are gone but it is good fun calling out Chokers to the team and there fans.. A bit like how the Broncos are always accused of cheating the cap...

thommo4pm

Coach
Love these threads.

Canberra beat us fair and square today.
I thought we played reasonably well, given the amount of ball that Canberra had, to be still in with a chance with 4 minutes left was a good sign.

Something like 13 or 14 extra sets of 6 against us, just about any other side would have lost by 40 or 50 not 16.

cleary89

Coach
Wow that's really smart. Even though Luke Burt has won more games for Parramatta than any other player (aside from Mick Cronin) because of his brilliant goal-kicking. The amount of goals he kicks from the sidelines every year compared to most goal-kickers is incredible, and yet he still manages to successfully kick the majority of them.
He didn't seem to choke last week did he, when the Eels season was on the line? If I recall, he did not miss a single kick and scored the match-winning try.

did he choke today when the season was on the line?

Canard

Immortal
There's only one team in this competition that gets new threads dedicated to them on the NRL forum every single time they lose.

And Manly or Roosters supporters have the hide to think their team is the most hated in the comp, lol!

Nah, the "choke" only gets dragged out from about Rd 16 onwards.

LOL @ Souffs gets trotted out from Rd 1.

So Id say Souths have got you covered on that one mate.

sarahk

Juniors
Luke Burt?

Also why not post on your main account

Really harsh. Parra fans aren't giving it to you guys and we didnt even start this thread and you just turn the tables on us.

How about focusing on what a genius this troll is.

Other than that, whatever Boxhead said x 2.

Brutus

Referee
Maybe the Raiders are going to be the Parra of 2010.

A Canberra v Tigers GF.

Steve Jackson to do the coin toss.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Nah, the "choke" only gets dragged out from about Rd 16 onwards.

LOL @ Souffs gets trotted out from Rd 1.

So Id say Souths have got you covered on that one mate.
That only happened this year, really ... and that's because the Souths players all came out pre-season telling us how their pack was the best in the comp, and how they were expecting a Premiership because "It was time to do it for Rusty".

sarahk

Juniors
Yeah Avenger, they are. Half the reason people start so many Dragons are chokers threads is because they feel threatened by them and bring them down whenever they show a fault. Dragons deserve to win this year because honestly they are the ONLY team that has been consistent week in week out. However, life is unfair and tigers are fluke artists therefore they will probably win.

Avenger

Immortal
Yeah Avenger, they are. Half the reason people start so many Dragons are chokers threads is because they feel threatened by them and bring them down whenever they show a fault. Dragons deserve to win this year because honestly they are the ONLY team that has been consistent week in week out. However, life is unfair and tigers are fluke artists therefore they will probably win.

What you don't want is to play the Raiders in a 1 V 8. If they jag the last spot the pressure will be huge on you guys.

Latest posts