What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons just lost the Premiership today

big country

Juniors
Considering we still have about 100 points less scored against us than the team coming 2nd defensively I'm not too concerned. Some of those try's were absolutely freaky, Campo's one you won't see another bounce like that for 10 years.

A few 50/50 calls broke our back mid-second half. The 40/20 and the knock on from vidot which wasn't called only for soward to be penalised for a flop when we was the only one left in a tackle killed any chance of us mounting any pressure.

Well done to the Raiders, you deserved the win. I'll get worried when we lose the games that count for something. Cooper and Gasnier looked pretty dangerous at the end of the game, after seeing that game I'm actually more confident of our chances this year.

in all my years of watching footy I have never seen a luckier team in terms of bounces of the ball and freaky passes like canberra - quite fitting that they wear green

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's right Timmah, don't give the Raiders any credit. It was all down to luck.

Pillock.
Actually skeepe, you should save that for those starting and backing the choking thread. They are the ones not giving due credit to the winners.

carcharias

Immortal
IMO
Dragons should win this year.

however if they get Panthers, Tigers or Titans at peak in the GF they will be in for another gutting wrenching afternoon.

Dragons cannot compete ( up the middle ) with those 3 teams for sheer speed and arseyness.

Paullyboy

Coach
in all my years of watching footy I have never seen a luckier team in terms of bounces of the ball and freaky passes like canberra - quite fitting that they wear green

I like the Dragons and don't want to take anything away from them, but some of the 'luck' we've had to endure against us is remarkable.

Campo's kick bounced nicely for him, but even if it was a regulation grubber he would have got their first anyway - there was no hope of anyone else being within cooee of him, so you can't take much out of that I'm afraid.

As for the Dragon fans blowing up about a flop or something, how about when Gasnier clearly knocked it dead and you guys were given a 20m start? It goes both ways.

This Year?

Immortal
I like the Dragons and don't want to take anything away from them, but some of the 'luck' we've had to endure against us is remarkable.

Campo's kick bounced nicely for him, but even if it was a regulation grubber he would have got their first anyway - there was no hope of anyone else being within cooee of him, so you can't take much out of that I'm afraid.

As for the Dragon fans blowing up about a flop or something, how about when Gasnier clearly knocked it dead and you guys were given a 20m start? It goes both ways.

When it comes to refs it's been a lottery this season.

Fingerbang

Bench
Not that it cost them the game, but I can't fathom how the refs got that 40/20 decision wrong. The video ref even looked at it and the angle it went over the touch line in relation to the kick and where it bounced, it had to have gone into touch over the 20 metre line. Those are the sort of things they need to start getting right. The same with the Hornby tap over the dead ball line.

But it seems the mistakes still "posities"

Firey_Dragon

Coach

I haven't seen any fan make any excuses. You guys won fair and square, you wanted it more yesterday.

The reffing was ordinary, but it's been like that all year. Congrats on a great win.

thommo4pm

Coach
Not that it cost them the game, but I can't fathom how the refs got that 40/20 decision wrong. The video ref even looked at it and the angle it went over the touch line in relation to the kick and where it bounced, it had to have gone into touch over the 20 metre line. Those are the sort of things they need to start getting right. The same with the Hornby tap over the dead ball line.

But it seems the mistakes still "posities"

Agree with both of those decisions you mentioned, your interpretation of them.
You could tell by Dugan's reaction that it was a 40/20, does anyone think he would have reacted the way he did if it wasn't a 40/20?
And the Hornby tap over the deadball line, the video ref should have jumped in quickly enough to call that back and make us do a line dropout.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
peeing-man.gif

The Ghosts of last year are back for the Dragons.

Wow has there been a worse choker in the history of the NRL?! :crazy:

64.gif

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
So what do we do for the next four weeks if we can't wn it? I mean, we've got at least four weeks left, don't we. And we could lose our next three, win the fourth and be one game away from the GF couldn't we? Or am I wrong in some way calculating that? Don't we only have to win one of our last two to be guaranteed a Top 2 finish? Or am I wrong again? Actually, I am wrong. If the Roosters win tonight, then we are guaranteed top 2 aren't we?

f**k it. Everything I thought I knew is wrong. We might as well just not turn up the next two weeks and let the 9th placed, or is that effectively the 10th placed, team have a crack.

So our season is over, even though we are a game clear and have a massive points differential in first? Our season is over because we are resting players with niggling injuries and will do so again this week?

Our season is over because we have won enough games earlier in the season to begin our preparation for September in August?

Grats to the Raiders by the way. Bloody pretty to watch yesterday. Just hope for the fans that they back it up this weekend and don't come down too hard from a game they were monumentally up for.

Paullyboy

Coach
I haven't seen any fan make any excuses. You guys won fair and square, you wanted it more yesterday.

The reffing was ordinary, but it's been like that all year. Congrats on a great win.

My comment was more directed at this comment (which just comes across as one big excuse to me):

SilentAssassin

Juniors
I hope they do come 8th and Saints do play them again......................

Same here.

Canberra played their grand final today. I'd be very confident playing them in the finals despite our bad record.

If they still had Carney they could go all the way. Shame he f***** the raiders over.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
My comment was more directed at this comment (which just comes across as one big excuse to me):
They're not a dragon's supporter. That's the problem with this place, 90% of the people who start thread's or do posts about the dragons are not dragons supporters, but get mistaken for one based on the content of their posts. Then we're labelled arrogant.

^Saints fans as a whole may not be arrogant, but you sure are Firey.

See the 8,9,10,11,12,13 thread and consume your humble pie.