What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dragons line up vs eels

beecww

Juniors
when it is universally acknowledged that we have the worst halves pairing in the nrl, do we keep picking them every week. i see other clubs blood young players weekly and they seem to be successful, but we are just same old same old with little to show for it

Drinkwater should be getting at least half a game off the bench in rotation with fien, but that means that king or rein would need to sit out if fien went to hooker. Games like this week would be great chances to get drinkwater in there to gain him some experience against less dominant halves in the comp. I can understand Price not playing DW against Manly or Melbourne or Cowboys who have seriously dominant halves, but he shôuld blood him against teams like parra, Penrith, even the dogs halves....

hardbaby

Coach
King will be there. Guaranteed. Rein isn't looking as sharp at the moment, Seems pretty fatigued. The question is which player drops out. I'm guessing Coops through injury with Prior to the centre. And that would completely suck.

beecww

Juniors
why not quinlan as well at 5/8 where he has experience. he must have ticker as well after needing 10 stitches in his mouth after 5 minutes last week.

TheRev

First Grade
why not quinlan as well at 5/8 where he has experience. he must have ticker as well after needing 10 stitches in his mouth after 5 minutes last week.

Even though id be throthing at the mouth to see it too, it would be a longterm strategic move to do it (and drinkwater probably leaves the club in the process), Quin been running around on the wing for the cutters, with a couple of weeks at fullback, if he did get a job at 5/8 ive no doubt he would be exciting, but leading a 1st grade team is a huge jump.. if they are serious they would play him at #6 for the cutters alongside Drinkwater surely.

But honestly after watching Price for 2 years, I dont believe he has any risk-taking in him, not until his back is nailed to the wall sideways.... also from the way Doust spoke im sure we have something in our sights as a mid-season signing, but damn i wish he would hurry up before the season is beyond repair.

natheel

Coach
Good luck guys. Ill be there cheering on my eels! Looking forward to see how we back up after a win

beecww

Juniors
Rev I agree with a lot you say but aren't we taking ridiculous risks with Fien and Soward every week, or buying a mid season replacement who will not prove to have any more potential than we could develop with our own be a risk anyway. Who really cares about this season, if we fluke the 8 we will soon be bundled out, so all of us on this forum deserve to have a 2014 to be excited about. Where will Fien be next year?

hermidale1

Juniors
I fail to see how...he is so small and tackles around the legs and the opposition get quicker play-the-balls. He is a liability and I hope he heads to Parramatta.

Actually, if he is tackling around the legs, then why isn't someone over the top locking up the ball???
He isn't the liability. It's the lazy forwards who are letting him do that on his own and not assisting in the tackles

Mr Red

First Grade
when it is universally acknowledged that we have the worst halves pairing in the nrl, do we keep picking them every week. i see other clubs blood young players weekly and they seem to be successful, but we are just same old same old with little to show for it

well it depends what universe you are referring to... They are doing pretty good in Pricey's universe... population 1.

Godz Illa

Coach
Actually, if he is tackling around the legs, then why isn't someone over the top locking up the ball???
He isn't the liability. It's the lazy forwards who are letting him do that on his own and not assisting in the tackles
The most effective method to win the ruck is for first contact to be upper body, second around the legs. Rein is a spot man for opposition forwards because he always goes low, and helps them get a quick play the ball. When we lose the ruck battle we generally lose the game, and we were getting carved up in this area on sunday.

BennyV

Referee
He probably isn't expecting cooper to play and will slot prior into centre again.

That was my exact thought when I saw the line up, and its a scary one, otherwise I imagine deBelin will be dropped and the bench will be Harrison, Stockwell, Prior and King. We can only hope and pray that there will be a change or two in the lead up to the game.

Definitely agree that at least 1 youngster needs to be brought in - either Quinlan on the wing or Drinkwater off the bench, both looked decent in their debuts and deserve more experience

VanillaGorilla

Juniors
That was my exact thought when I saw the line up, and its a scary one, otherwise I imagine deBelin will be dropped and the bench will be Harrison, Stockwell, Prior and King. We can only hope and pray that there will be a change or two in the lead up to the game.

Definitely agree that at least 1 youngster needs to be brought in - either Quinlan on the wing or Drinkwater off the bench, both looked decent in their debuts and deserve more experience

I'd rather see Harrison dropped before JDB..

Shame that there isn't a spot for Quinlan - hopefully long term there is

Mr Red

First Grade
Fein doesn't have a problem putting his body on the line, you must be thinking of his halves partner. Now that's a different story altogether!

agree if he was playing hooker, but playing halfback defending just inside the winger he doesnt have to put his body on the line very much anymore.. combined with no running at the line and to the point this is why i think he isnt injured as yet this season.

well it depends what universe you are referring to... They are doing pretty good in Pricey's universe... population 1.

Aww c'monnn... the la-la sector of the andromeda galaxy in the parallel universe is home to many coaching and other great legends. It's where Freddi Fittler got his coaching licence for example, along with Darren Lockyer's voice for commentary, both graduating from the same academy as Jar Jar Binks back in the early nineties - AND, runour has it, it's where Boney M's Nightflight to Venus oriiginally took off.

BennyV

Referee
I'd rather see Harrison dropped before JDB..

Shame that there isn't a spot for Quinlan - hopefully long term there is

I'd rather that also - but then again, I'd rather Drinkwater get a run at halfback, and Prior be kept away from the centres. However, these things just dont happen :-(

MattYg1

Bench
Good luck guys. Ill be there cheering on my eels! Looking forward to see how we back up after a win

Cheers Nath... enjoy the cripple fight with us lol...

Any idea if Mannah is going to be wearing his Sterlo make up and wig for the game?

Latest posts