What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Next Coach

Our Next Coach for 2021

• Total voters

hazzbeen

Bench
No need for Wane to do any sort of apprenticeship in the NRL - he was Michael Maguires assistant at Wigan for 3 years before taking their top job. He then won 3 SL premierships, a Challenge Cup and the World Club Challenge over the Sharks with a win percentage over eights seasons of 68%.

If anything, he's over qualified to coach our rabble.
I think he would be great for us , at least the team would play some attacking footy , not just one up rabble that happens now ..... The worst part about the losses this year was playing a boring game and still get beaten.... I'd rather throw the ball around scoring a try here and there and get beaten , than the shit that was dished up this year ......

BLM01

First Grade
I think he would be great for us , at least the team would play some attacking footy , not just one up rabble that happens now ..... The worst part about the losses this year was playing a boring game and still get beaten.... I'd rather throw the ball around scoring a try here and there and get beaten , than the shit that was dished up this year ......
But we won round 25 and scored 24 points with no tries from kicks. We have it all to look forward to in the off season and 2020 based on that alone.

Dragon David

First Grade
You are spot on Hazzbeen!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Don't you think if Shaun Wane does coach in the NRL he will struggle with this wrestling crap Bellamy has brought to the game which is not so much in the ESL? It is a different ball game here. Teams are not allowed to attack here only slow the game down as much as possible.

St Georgio

Juniors
Don't you think if Shaun Wane does coach in the NRL he will struggle with this wrestling crap Bellamy has brought to the game which is not so much in the ESL? It is a different ball game here. Teams are not allowed to attack here only slow the game down as much as possible.
All he has to do is follow the NRL Cheating Rules and Behavior, he will be fine!

Gareth67

First Grade

Yes indeed that is a good point , it has dragged the once free flowing game down to a crawl and the referees just cannot control it - great coach Bellamy , but good lawd doesn’t he have a lot to answer for .

Wittenberg

Juniors
Mary is still our coach and will be for the next two years. End of story.......so what the hell does Mary have on our Club? He must have something, how else can he still be there?

Only problem with Shaun Wane is his accent. I don't know if all the players will be able to understand his instructions.

On the other hand he was a superbly successful coach at Wigan, as the poster above, Walpole, has correctly pointed out. He obviously not only has the technical coaching skills, but he is also a good man manager who has the respect of all the players he has coached.

Last edited:

HenryTatana

Juniors
FMD. Having my early cuppa watching Sunrise and Phil Gould appears saying that the pseudo coach is safe. Apparently he has finished his report.

Worlds quickest review performed by the mentor in a couple of days. Must have just gone to lunch with BJ and McSurvivor and review complete.

Coffs dragon

Bench
He won't see out his present contract and if he does we are in really deep shit.
I agree Denis and that is why the club really need to select the right assistant coaches for 2020 as one will probably have to step in. I hope they look from outside the sheltered workshop of the old boys club for some experience and new ideas.
I fear Dean Young will still be right in the pigs trough ready to pounce.

getsmarty

Immortal
FMD. Having my early cuppa watching Sunrise and Phil Gould appears saying that the pseudo coach is safe. Apparently he has finished his report.

Worlds quickest review performed by the mentor in a couple of days. Must have just gone to lunch with BJ and McSurvivor and review complete.

Even with a board member not happy, this was going to always be the inevitable result.

It's almost as if McGregor runs the club....and the only result will be the club going further downhill.

Needs to be a massive broom put through the place...the board are facilitating this....

People need to really consider voting with their feet.....it is pretty much the only option left that may cause change.

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
Even with a board member not happy, this was going to always be the inevitable result.

It's almost as if McGregor runs the club....and the only result will be the club going further downhill.

Needs to be a massive broom put through the place...the board are facilitating this....

People need to really consider voting with their feet.....it is pretty much the only option left that may cause change.
Mary is making a mockery out of the joint and supporters ....... So Mary got in early himself to call on his mate to review not him , but the structures within the club to make out that he and the board are concerned ..... There should have been just one out come and that was bye bye black bird......

I bet that Gus Gould never even discussed the possibility of seeking a new coach.

Either Shane Flanagan or Shaun Wane could do wonders for the club. They have the silverware to prove it.

Gareth67

First Grade

Your more then likely right about that Henry . Gus has had a close look at our Mary and noticed that he is an egghead and therefore he has assumed that the bloke must have plenty of brains . It’s everyone else’s fault , but certainly not the maestros .

Dragonsamy

Bench
Just read on Fox sports that Simon Woolford will return from the UK as head coach of Huddersfield to take up an assistant coaching role with the RedV.
Obviously meets the Dragons criteria being Cheap, gained zero coaching success, nil demand and a former player.
Probably Mary seeking advice from his mentors in Sticky Stuart & Lozza.

Sad