What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Next Coach

Our Next Coach for 2021

• Total voters

martielang

Bench
So he’d be better off if he had a good attacking assistant. Or is he to stubborn to take advice. There were reports that he & Gus butted heads. Maybe Gus wanted too much input into attack.

Could definitely improve the attacking aspect of his coaching but it was said he wouldn't work with his assistants... but this was said by Gus who probably wanted to run the team himself & needed to pin something on Griffin to justify sacking him despite having a good record for us.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I wonder if Saints will be interviewing the same 40 or so candidates that they apparently turned down before thinking Mary was the best out there hence giving him 2 year extension?

Boy, they must of been absolutely sh!t canidates for Mary to still win or, the whole thing was a set up.

Brian Johnston has a lot to answer for.
For what he has done is a sackable offence.
Anybody who doesn't do their due diligance in business needs to be moved on.
He has potenially costs the club a minimum 1.2 million.

History showed that by waiting till season end was the best business decision, for the past how many years????

Brian Johnston is the McGregor equalient of CEO's.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yes I realize that SJG , however his credentials at the ESL cannot be sniffed at surely .
He is after a opportunity in the NRL , is hungry to prove himself here and is experienced.

I think it’s fair to say the ESL is nowhere near NRL standard and is probably closer to CC level only. Anyway, I find out on Friday night as I’m going to watch Warrington vs Trinity Wakefield.

Gareth67

First Grade
I think it’s fair to say the ESL is nowhere near NRL standard and is probably closer to CC level only. Anyway, I find out on Friday night as I’m going to watch Warrington vs Trinity Wakefield.

Make sure you wear your Dragon beanie and scarf ol mate and treat yourself to a few good English ales .

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Make sure you wear your Dragon beanie and scarf ol mate and treat yourself to a few good English ales .

“Good” English ales is a paradox and I’m definitely struggling without my beloved Boag’s. I’m getting by...just...on Carlsberg but Carlings (if you can find it) and Tetley’s original cask aren’t too bad. Leeds Best is ok for a mid strength beer.

Don’t worry, I smuggled my Saints beanie and it was essential because it was bloody freezing at Old Trafford yesterday. The West Aussies and Vics in my tour group confuse it with the f**king Swans...stupid troglodytes!

Slackboy72

Coach
The top of ESL will be more like what we and the Tits will serve up this weekend.
Not Great. Not terrible.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The top of ESL will be more like what we and the Tits will serve up this weekend.
Not Great. Not terrible.

Personally, I would’ve thought Wigan vs Catalans would be a more competitive match but those in the tour group who are going, think otherwise.

Maybe distance is a factor? Is Warrington closer to Manchester than Wigan? I don’t have a clue.

Whoever takes over will have a job on his hands. We are four backs and three forwards away from the top eight and we have a cohort of emerging players who haven't been coached at all in the McGregor era. We don't recruit, even when players are available, so this year's squad is pretty much next year's squad minus Widdop and plus a few new reserve graders. It would take at least two years to undo the mess we're in, even with proper management in place above the coach. McGregor is an incompetent clown, but he's not the only one in the circus. Yes he's got to go, but that can only be the start. Or it'll be us sent to Perth or made into the second team in Brisbane. They're the stakes.

Gareth67

First Grade
“Good” English ales is a paradox and I’m definitely struggling without my beloved Boag’s. I’m getting by...just...on Carlsberg but Carlings (if you can find it) and Tetley’s original cask aren’t too bad. Leeds Best is ok for a mid strength beer.

Don’t worry, I smuggled my Saints beanie and it was essential because it was bloody freezing at Old Trafford yesterday. The West Aussies and Vics in my tour group confuse it with the f**king Swans...stupid troglodytes!

And I am quite sure that you straightened the ignorant sods out quick smart ! :relaxed:

Enjoy your trip and don’t forget to hello to ‘ Lizzie for us .

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
And I am quite sure that you straightened the ignorant sods out quick smart ! :relaxed:

Enjoy your trip and don’t forget to hello to ‘ Lizzie for us .

Will do,

Sadly I’m not in London this trip, so Lizzie will have to “get by”. Currently freezing my testicles in Manchester, but still proudly advertising the World’s Greatest Football Club via my beanie.