What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Pride

AMIG

Juniors
Was all there to see tonight! Against a Bennett drilled defensive side we really stood up and delivered. Well done Mary you are really starting to bring the best out of this team. The Bennett defensive boys struggled against the Mary defensive boys..Enough said.:D

Minh

First Grade
Mary deserves full credit for turning this team around from the scrapyard.

Mary is doing a great job with a team that on paper doesn't look overly flash but the way they play I'd have any of these guys beside me in battle anytime.

TheRev

First Grade
Definitely harder to win without a couple of extra quality players in our backline... someone with speed in particular (its where we miss BMoz).. I couldnt see where a run-away try was going to come from tonight, our boys were exhausted (throw in the 5 day turn-around).. were just winning with guts atm.. tough way to do it, but love that the attackers get so frustrated..

Then turn on the Manly v Dogs game.. Dogs roll in 2 easy tries in 8 minutes haha.

Saintsified

Bench
let's give credit where credit is due and SOS obviously put a rocket up the arse of our club....for that I'm grateful, and hats off to the club for responding in a way we all wanted and that's with a team that aims up and has a crack.

The Cobra

Juniors
I will be the first to admit when I heard back in 2013 that Mary was taking over,I was really pissed off.I will admit he has been a revelation the last 5 weeks & hope it continues.I salute you Mary,you have proven me wrong BIG time.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
didn't most want Mary gone lol

I'll admit I wanted him not only gone but banished from the club.

I was very upset with the possibility of another rebuilding year.

But also happy to admit I was wrong and enjoying humble pie.

Also don't make me less of a supporter, as I want only the very best for our club and will not accept any bullshit excuses about re building or salary cap or what ever else the spin doctor Doust can pull out of his ass.

If anything, this form shows that, even with the cattle we have, they can competitive against any team, with one simple ingredient. HEART!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
People are passionate and at that time wanted him gone and understandably so after going through the worst 2.5 seasons with Price. They just did not want to go through it again as it was a painful period for the Dragons fans. It appeared that Saints were making a similar decsion to the one where they appointed Price which Bennett I think would have had a big influence. I am sure that Bennett had no influence in the appointment of Mary. But for some posters to admit they were wrong is great and shows how good a job Mary is doing. It's good to see some admit they were wrong as everyone makes mistakes due to judgement.

It's early days and things could change but 1 thing I can't see changing is the attitude and pride the boys are showing. They are really playing for Mary and it is soo good to see. If they continue this there is not much more you can ask for from Mary.

St Georgio

Juniors
People are passionate and at that time wanted him gone and understandably so after going through the worst 2.5 seasons with Price. They just did not want to go through it again as it was a painful period for the Dragons fans. It appeared that Saints were making a similar decsion to the one where they appointed Price which Bennett I think would have had a big influence. I am sure that Bennett had no influence in the appointment of Mary. But for some posters to admit they were wrong is great and shows how good a job Mary is doing. It's good to see some admit they were wrong as everyone makes mistakes due to judgement.

It's early days and things could change but 1 thing I can't see changing is the attitude and pride the boys are showing. They are really playing for Mary and it is soo good to see. If they continue this there is not much more you can ask for from Mary.
Mary vs Price
This-Mary
Years Team Pld T G FG P
1991–98 Illawarra Steelers 124 44 0 0 176 176
1999–01 St George Illawarra 34 13 0 0 52 52
Total 158 57 0 0 228 228
Representative
Years Team Pld T G FG P
1992–97 Country Origin 5 1 0 0 4 4
1992–98 New South Wales 14 4 0 0 16 16
1994–97 Australia 3 1 0 0 4 4

Price
1996–98 St. George 9 1 4 0 12
1999 Balmain Tigers 3 1 0 0 4
Total 12 2 4 0 16 16

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
The test for the 'newly converted' Mary fans, will be when we go thru a rough trot, its not exactly an amazing feat to get behind a team that's won 5 in a row.