What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Pride

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Maybe Deano was given the gig at half time against Canberra, because it all turned around from there.:sarcasm:
This is true. Paul McGregor was ruthlessley sacked at half time. Must have been blood on the floor as Ken Kearney, I mean Dean Young, took charge.

possm

Coach
That's the general view.I was there too, but there was a major turnaround some weeks before. It was a big reversal of form.

When things were going pear shaped, the team just lifted. I'd like to think the coaches and players finally worked it out and they were feeling the pressure from the fanbase. But it's more likely that someone in the coaching staff stepped up.

I keep getting the feeling that an external consultant may have had an influence; maybe at half time during the Raiders game.

Yes Young, Hornby, Creagh and Nightingale were all there in 2010 however, they were also there during the off-season, this year's trial games and rounds one and two this season.

What ever the reason, Mary can take the credit because he is the coach. I just hope they can keep it up all season because it sure makes for a much happier Possm. My wife and kids are liking the calmer and happier side of me.

BennyV

Referee
And if Roosters or Rabbitohs run in 50 against us.....it will be Mary's fault again :roll:

As a new passenger on the Mary train (not in first class yet, but not about to jump off at the next station) I dont think a one off loss should be blamed on the coach, the same way a single victory wasnt enough to make me buy a ticket for the aforementioned train.

If we cop a series of losses that sees morale drop and effort cease, different story. Until then, a defeat this weekend shouldnt see us calling for Mary's head.

Elias1983

Coach
I keep getting the feeling that an external consultant may have had an influence; maybe at half time during the Raiders game.

Yes Young, Hornby, Creagh and Nightingale were all there in 2010 however, they were also there during the off-season, this year's trial games and rounds one and two this season.

What ever the reason, Mary can take the credit because he is the coach. I just hope they can keep it up all season because it sure makes for a much happier Possm. My wife and kids are liking the calmer and happier side of me.

This.

Credit must go to mary.

But I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon just yet, I want to see if he can sustain this type of form for longer periods.

He restored some pride back into that jumper that's for sure which is good.

giboz71

First Grade
And if Roosters or Rabbitohs run in 50 against us.....it will be Mary's fault again :roll:

Yeh its funny that...I wonder if we had lost 5 in a row if Deano or Hornby would have been blamed?

I think not.

I've never been a Mary fan, but to not give Mary credit for the last 5 weeks is laughable.

Puff2010

Juniors
I'm over this Mary bit.
Let's just get behind the team and club. I will always support my Dragons.
The Board /CEO appoint key personnel (viz Coach) and I will always turn up to support the thru the good days and not so good.
Having said that,I believe the current coaching staff and team need credit for the job to date. Yes it's early days but far better than most pundits and critics expected.
Fingers crossed it will be 6 in row on Saturday