What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Rumoured Signings

nrlnrl

First Grade
He could be a handy addition to the prop rotation, especially if Weyman leaves

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-100000-from-tom/story-e6freye9-1226634996309

JARROD Saffy started his first match for the Melbourne Rebels last Sunday since suffering a career-threatening neck injury a year ago - but is he about to fill out an NRL jumper again? Maybe one with a Red V?

The 28-year-old made a triumphant return, but there's every chance he will be playing rugby league again next year. "I would definitely consider a return to the NRL," Saffy told us this week. "It would be tempting, for sure. The game's in such a good place. It's an interesting one. I'll be looking at all my options and making the best decision accordingly. I love Melbourne but I also need to see what all my options are."

Saffy was part of the Dragons' premiership-winning side in 2010, and we're hearing they are interested about a potential return. So, too, other NRL clubs. His manager, George Mimis, will hit Melbourne next week to crank up negotiations. For his part, Saffy does not regret the decision to switch codes.

He suffered his neck injury after a training incident with former teammate Adam Byrnes, and spoke to the likes of Mat Rogers and Anthony Quinn about their neck operations on the long and winding road back. "Since the injury, and the operation, I haven't felt a single thing," Saffy said. "It's given me more time to strengthen and stabilise my neck. It is much stronger than it was."

64 Dragon

Coach
Please Jarrod, don't go and sign up with the salary cap Cheating Melbourne Storm. We will have you back any time.

Gore

Juniors
So i have heard a little about this Marquee business people have been speaking about lately.

Who is left for the Dragons to sign as a Marquee player?

Do we look to Rugby Union?

I think at this rate we have most positions covered...

jenninga

First Grade
NOT WILLIAMS..

Rangi this morning set up another 5 out of 6 tries.!!!

something Sam nor Sowie can do
Rangi would make Mitchell Pearce look like a "junior",would love to have Rangi playing with us now ,we would lift a couple of notches for sure.
And don't give me crap about the standard of the ESL,as his vision when passing and kicking is outstanding,and he has a go.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Can Soward go now.....Please........

I feel so sorry for Penrith. The let go of Lewis, Gordon and Jennings and get an absolute dud in Soward.

dragon-83

Juniors
Can Soward go now.....Please........

I feel so sorry for Penrith. The let go of Lewis, Gordon and Jennings and get an absolute dud in Soward.

I personally think ur been a little harsh on soward. When he has a bad game where quick to criticize and when he plays a blinder wwhere to jump on his bandwagon.

P's having. Said that he really does need to sort his goal kicking

Elias1983

Coach
Good luck to Soward, hope he does well at Penriff....

But something tells me he will struggle big time....

RedVDave

First Grade
Mentioned in RLW that Mitch Rein is set to sign a new 3 year deal with Saints very, very good news if true!

Also mentioned that at least the 3 other clubs were chasing him the main offender being Parra who offered him big bucks.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Mentioned in RLW that Mitch Rein is set to sign a new 3 year deal with Saints very, very good news if true!

Also mentioned that at least the 3 other clubs were chasing him the main offender being Parra who offered him big bucks.

I hope it's true to, was reading Illawarra mercury and rein was saying contract talks have been putting his form down, and its really got to him and his preference is to sign with the red v. He wants it done sooner than later.