What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons sign Josh Dugan - official

vanilla gorilla

Juniors
That is great news and as everyone has been saying a real shot in the arm for the club. Any chance he will line up against the Gold Coast this weekend? Welcome aboard Josh

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
see Titans game thread ( but yes, Price said a decision would be made tomorrow after the Captain's Run )

Twenty10

Juniors
Awesome move. Hope all goes well. I also heard from a reliable source that Dugan, if he goes well has a 2 year extention. It's all up to him. If he does leave at the end of the season then good riddance if he is that type of guy but I am sure he isn't and will stay at the Dragons. Again, it's all up to his attitude.

On his day is easily in the top 3 fullbacks. As Matty Johns said, he should be preparing for Origin instead he is trying to get a contract. He is regarded as the best fullback for NSW and now is a Dragon.

I am sure with the current group of players around him he will turn the corner, and as Doust said, "he has not done anything illegal just ill discipline is what cost him" so. He should not be compared to Carney or even the Dell. I am sure he is not the only one who has been booted out for ill disciplined. Albert Kelly for 1, BJ Lulea another, plenty of them.

Mate the 2 year option is in dragons Favour. If we want him he stays.

stg666

Juniors
a big welcome to josh and i hope his future will be improved with this move to the dragons and a big cheer to his dragon supporting family .

Stagger Lee

Bench
While I do welcome him and genuinely hope for his own sake he can conquer his inner demons I do wonder that we only signed him the day after Carny knocked us back and signed with the Sharks. Does any one else suspect that this was the reason for some of the delay?

FundyDragon

Bench
While I do welcome him and genuinely hope for his own sake he can conquer his inner demons I do wonder that we only signed him the day after Carny knocked us back and signed with the Sharks. Does any one else suspect that this was the reason for some of the delay?

I wouldn't think so. The dragons were simply waiting for NRL approval.

nrlnrl

First Grade

A birthday present from the NRL ? The delay was caused by the NRL having to approve the Dragons contract, their off-field plans for him & also check Dugan's counselling progress.

We withdrew our offer for Carney a while back, it was down to Sharks, Panthers & Warriors. He was only at Kogarah on Monday to catch up with some mates & his manager was there to watch the under 20's ( they left before the NRL game started ). Apparently they had dinner not far from Kogarah ( maybe Brighton ), but some people wrongly made the assumption they were there to talk to the Dragons.

In that Peter Doust interview on the website ( with John Stanley ) he says it could be weeks & that was recorded 12 days ago, so he knew it would take a little while to be finalised.

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
Not at all. Dugan was signed a week ago, the delay was due to the NRL

FundyDragon

Bench
Personally I'd save him for Parra.

2days before the match and he will only have one run before taking the field..

Not ideal.

It isn't ideal, but we are a little desperate. I can't stand to see Nightingale play another game at Fullback he is one of the best wingers around. Dugan would no doubt be ready fitness wise. His ball handling skills might be the only things a little rusty and that's probably what Pricey wants to look at on the Captain's run training session. His match fitness may struggle but he going to have to get match fitness regardless, so might as well start against the GC.

Minh

First Grade
Dugan is a rare talent the type of player that is not produced every day. I hope he takes it to the next level in the Red V. Arguably the most talented and gifted player we've signed from another club in close to 3 decades. Can't wait to watch him play.

FundyDragon

Bench
Dugan is a rare talent the type of player that is not produced every day. I hope he takes it to the next level in the Red V. Arguably the most talented and gifted player we've signed from another club in close to 3 decades. Can't wait to watch him play.

Can't wait either, usually don't go to Wollongong games, only have membership at Jubilee, but I think I might have to go just to see Dugan in the redV