What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons sign Korbin Sims

Roosters sign Cronk and Tedesco one year, followed by Creighton the next.

Surprised they haven't sought to gain the recruiting wizardry of Milward. Imagine how strong they'd be then.

Straight Shooter
And are linked to every other player on the market, Pangai Jr, BMoz.
But don't forget they have a reported $1 million left under thier cap..........."thier cap" which is obviously different from everyone else's.

jak

Bench
And are linked to every other player on the market, Pangai Jr, BMoz.
But don't forget they have a reported $1 million left under thier cap..........."thier cap" which is obviously different from everyone else's.
with ferguson going I think you will find it will be closer to 2 million.

Mr Red

First Grade
Sims slots in for Ah Mau, latimore should also make way for someone like Blake Lawrie as latimore is not good enough.

Makes you wonder how much cash the warriors threw at Ah Mau, if the dragons didn’t match the offer however signed a better prop in Sims.....

with ferguson going I think you will find it will be closer to 2 million.
Depends what Furguson was on.
It was reported earlier in the year when a list was published about what they paid players.
Daniel Topou, a former SOO winger, who is by no means over the hill, was listed at $200 grand.
So I assume Furgo was playing for beer money.

Life's Good

Coach
I remember all the wraps for the Sims boys were on Korbin but he never quite established himself. His time at Newcastle was ordinary and I know Knights fans were happy to see the back of him. I reckon the change of environment will do him the world of good and with our forward pack he will have the environment to thrive in the vein of Vaughan. It would be quite funny if he and Tariq get selected for Origin and have to face off against each other(for those unaware Korbin has pledged his commitment to Qld).

I remember all the wraps for the Sims boys were on Korbin but he never quite established himself. His time at Newcastle was ordinary and I know Knights fans were happy to see the back of him. I reckon the change of environment will do him the world of good and with our forward pack he will have the environment to thrive in the vein of Vaughan. It would be quite funny if he and Tariq get selected for Origin and have to face off against each other(for those unaware Korbin has pledged his commitment to Qld).
Everyone's time at Newcastle back then was pretty ordinary, but Bennett picked him up for the Broncos so that's a fairly good endorsement.

I think the Broncos would have liked to keep him, but with other clubs........cough Roosters.....cough......circling Pangai Jr and a few other promising young forwards, they needed the money to keep them.

Yeah he did say he'd play for Queensland, I didn't know Gerringong was in Queensland, but live and learn I suppose.

getsmarty

Immortal
Sims slots in for Ah Mau, latimore should also make way for someone like Blake Lawrie as latimore is not good enough.

Makes you wonder how much cash the warriors threw at Ah Mau, if the dragons didn’t match the offer however signed a better prop in Sims.....

They did allegedly match the offer...it came down to Lesson wanting to be closer to Family at home in N.Z