What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons sign Korbin Sims

SBD82

Coach
I don't rate korbin, but I've been very impressed with the way the club has developed Vaughan and Tariq, and hopefully we are about to see similar development for Korbin.

Certainly won't hurt to get him off the broncos maccas diet, and into a dragons preseason. Since the AFL bloke has been working with our forwards they all look very fit.

monsterkev

Juniors
I don’t see what others see in our forwards coming through
Bog average at best and not even close to 1st grade standard
Compare them to what the panthers juniors have done
Not even in the same league
Get rid of them and buy some decent forwards

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Korbin will be a good acqiisition. In ISP
we only have Allgood and Sironen above say 22 years of age in the forwards and Nicholls, Pereira and Tohi in the backs. We need a couple more seasoned players in the ISP team to put pressure on the NRL Team. It has been reported that Sele may sign with the Sharks.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
we only have Allgood and Sironen above say 22 years of age in the forwards and Nicholls, Pereira and Tohi in the backs. We need a couple more seasoned players in the ISP team to put pressure on the NRL Team. It has been reported that Sele may sign with the Sharks.

Yeap the Sharks have made a offer

Drag Queen

Bench
Agree Korbin is a good signing.
We have made bmoz an offer.
So he may be here to.
Good stuff Samy. I can't understand the hate for either players. The ISP players have buckley's and none being coached by another inept coach. Wish it was different but it isn't. Hopefully Luke Phillips is invested in these young players or they may as well go get a day job elsewhere. Cheers.

I think Sele is a bit small for what Mary wants from him, I think he would make an excellent bench utility forward, Mary dosnt seem to think that's a good idea and prefers using wingers and centres in that role maybe he would be better off at another club.
Good luck to him.

possm

Coach
I don't rate korbin, but I've been very impressed with the way the club has developed Vaughan and Tariq, and hopefully we are about to see similar development for Korbin.

Certainly won't hurt to get him off the broncos maccas diet, and into a dragons preseason. Since the AFL bloke has been working with our forwards they all look very fit.
A big shame we haven't been able to develop Kerr in the same way. We will still be one good prop short.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I see Korbin as a Brisbane off cut. They didn't want to keep him. I see him as a bench prop at best. I think he is a downgrade on Ah Mau. I hope he can prove me wrong. Even with the signing of Korbin, we still need another top line prop on our roster.

Carlton

Juniors
There was talk about trying to get Musgrave, does anyone know if this is still on now that we have signed Korbin.

I think, if we could sign Musgrave as well, then things would be looking good in the forwards. Next thing we need is a big, fast, aggressive back (Radradra, Vunivalu, Cotrick, Rapana style player). I dont think we can rely on our juniors filling all the holes in our backline and I dont see any of our juniors filling this role.

A call needs to be made re:Dufty as to whether he can overcome the shortcomings in his game. If the view is he has not progressed sufficiently, then bite the bullet and look for an alternative. The fullback role is too important to have a player who relies almost exclusively on his speed in attack as his reason for being in first grade. He should also be able to pull through tackles, stand in tackles and offload and make metres hitting the ball up from kicks besides showing solid defence and positioning.

Before I have posters jumping down my throat, I am not saying to get rid of him. I am saying we need to stay objective about whether he is making the grade in all areas or not and if he is, fantastic, stay with him because he is lightning. If he isnt dont gamble, make the hard call.

getsmarty

Immortal
There was talk about trying to get Musgrave, does anyone know if this is still on now that we have signed Korbin.

I think, if we could sign Musgrave as well, then things would be looking good in the forwards. Next thing we need is a big, fast, aggressive back (Radradra, Vunivalu, Cotrick, Rapana style player). I dont think we can rely on our juniors filling all the holes in our backline and I dont see any of our juniors filling this role.

A call needs to be made re:Dufty as to whether he can overcome the shortcomings in his game. If the view is he has not progressed sufficiently, then bite the bullet and look for an alternative. The fullback role is too important to have a player who relies almost exclusively on his speed in attack as his reason for being in first grade. He should also be able to pull through tackles, stand in tackles and offload and make metres hitting the ball up from kicks besides showing solid defence and positioning.

Before I have posters jumping down my throat, I am not saying to get rid of him. I am saying we need to stay objective about whether he is making the grade in all areas or not and if he is, fantastic, stay with him because he is lightning. If he isnt dont gamble, make the hard call.

Give it a rest mate...Dufty is going nowhere ....

Carlton

Juniors
Give it a rest mate...Dufty is going nowhere ....

Why is it OK for people to express how happy they are with Dufty, or criticse any other player in the team but its not OK to say I dont like the idea of taking a risk at fullback and dont like just hoping it all comes good?

Why is it OK for people to express how happy they are with Dufty, or criticse any other player in the team but its not OK to say I dont like the idea of taking a risk at fullback and dont like just hoping it all comes good?
The choice is do you want a small fullback who occasionally gets exposed at the back, sometimes due to size, more often experience, BUT has electrifying pace and turn a game on its head.
I'll take that any day over a big fullback with no pace who catches the ball good.

I see Korbin as a Brisbane off cut. They didn't want to keep him. I see him as a bench prop at best. I think he is a downgrade on Ah Mau. I hope he can prove me wrong. Even with the signing of Korbin, we still need another top line prop on our roster.
I think "cut off" is harsh.
Brisbane faced a choice of keeping Korbin and facing a battle to keep all the other young forwards, or letting Korbin go and keeping them.
Tough choice, cause Korbin has been retaining his place in the team despite Pangai Jr and the rest.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
A big shame we haven't been able to develop Kerr in the same way. We will still be one good prop short.

Possm
Kerr biggest problem is that he can not string together more than a few games.
He injured at the moment sould be back soon.
But he still has one more year on his contract.
In my option he needs to run hard .
Always slows down before the line.
Agree re coaching