What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Pretty sure El Masri refused to show his ID, unless you're referring to another incident.
Yeah there was that episode -but I was referring to the one where he refused to provide DNA to the police arising from Coffs Harbour incident.

As you know Willow, DNA can be really helpful but also completely useless and highly prejudicial depending on the case.

Red V for life

Juniors
Alvaro and Lomax the 2 players who have indicated they won’t sign statements according to Big League Wrap.

Apologies if this is old news, but I hadn’t heard.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah there was that episode -but I was referring to the one where he refused to provide DNA to the police arising from Coffs Harbour incident.

As you know Willow, DNA can be most useful but also completely useless and highly prejudicial depending on the case.
I suspect we're getting into the realms of ancient history.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Gareth67

First Grade
The NRL bubble is a bit of a joke, I work with a guy who’s son lives at home and plays for a NRL team. The guy works for a large organisation and works out in the community as an essential worker but is living in the same house as the NRL player.
How is that a bubble?
A very good example of the system not being as secured as is necessary .

But hey , if the Queenslanders can invite some female companionship into their hotel to play ‘ pin the tail on the donkey ‘ then what do they expect ?

That was a good example of the system not being foolproof .

Last edited:
I never asked anything about Coffs.
I thought you were alluding to “another incident” which was right in the form of Coffs, so my contemplations went.

El Masri rejected the DNA testing from Coffs, so too I do not see any need for more splaying of players into the quagmire of pr rubbish.

Will this stat dec stop any infections arising from the incident?

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Dunno if anyone saw Big League Wrap a second ago, but Brownie in his press conference was lamenting the perceived inconsistency with 2 Warriors having to stand down for 2 weeks for close contact with someone with COVID but Dragons only got 1 week.

Hooper and Anasta wet their pants in agreement.

Do they really need this explained…it’s apples and oranges.
Brownie conveniently forgot about the monetary fines
but the journos have got to keep prodding inviting crap to be said on the Dragons

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
Brownie conveniently forgot about the monetary fines
but the journos have got to keep prodding inviting crap to be said on the Dragons
Warrior pla
Dunno if anyone saw Big League Wrap a second ago, but Brownie in his press conference was lamenting the perceived inconsistency with 2 Warriors having to stand down for 2 weeks for close contact with someone with COVID but Dragons only got 1 week.

Hooper and Anasta wet their pants in agreement.

Do they really need this explained…it’s apples and oranges.
I commented on Fox Facebook page explaining that Warrior players weren't sanctioned by the NRL, they have to quarantine by law after being a close contact of someone who has tested positive for covid, even if their test results come back negative they still have to quarantine for the full 14 days

St Tangles

Bench
Warrior pla

I commented on Fox Facebook page explaining that Warrior players weren't sanctioned by the NRL, they have to quarantine by law after being a close contact of someone who has tested positive for covid, even if their test results come back negative they still have to quarantine for the full 14 days
How did the punters react

Alot of perpetually outraged people on Facebook who don't react well to logic and facts

Old Timer

Coach
No excuses IMO for what they did as it was an act of defiance and a real “f**k you” moment and of course the attempts to conceal it made that situation even worse.

My disgust with the playing group is actually more about disrespect than the action itself.

Notwithstanding that the NRL and media are completely f**ked for their handling of the matter especially the arbitrary and arse covering decisions / punishment / where to from here way it played out.

I would like to know if someone can answer the following

The NRL squad is 30 are they all in the NRL bubble 100%?

If so then to field teams in 1st grade and reggies you need more than 30 players so could reggies have some part time players outside the bubble?

If so then could a player from your top 30 be dropped to reggaes and be mingling with people outside the bubble like Dugan at the Sharks instance?

Is it then possible for that player who was dropped to be instantly recalled to 1st grade (due to injuries, suspensions, drop in form by others) or does he have to sit out a few weeks to be able to return to the bubble?