What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Dragonssupporter, I feel exactly the same way as you and emailed the Club with my feelings. I also said I wouldn't care if the Board sacked every single one of the players. The Club has responded and said the fans feelings will be passed on to the senior management and the players.
Except for Paul Vaughan, not one of them has apologised publicly to the fans or the Club.
They’ve copped enough, all been tested, all clear. Time to move on.

Cupper

Juniors
Say Hunt backs up well from origin and they decide to play amone, Sullivan or Clune instead of Norman, would this then count as Norman's suspension, or now that he's named in the squad we could do that?

redVbull

Juniors
Good to see the Stat Dec published.

The real issue here is not Lomax and Alvarez not signing, but how the other dozen or so Dragons were convinced to sign something so loose and potentially incriminating when it comes to binding themselves to significant penalties for disclosures in the context of rumour, hearsay (what did you hear, who said what to who about who was there).

IMO its something befitting a confession statement from a US TV Cop show. The NRL has to stop its psuedo COVID prosecutor ego trip, just issue its fines to satisfy NSW Govt and leave it to Police to be investigate who else gets charged and fined.

But, silver linings ... how good is it as a Dragons fan in SEQ right now, with all these Dragons 'homegames' coming up!!!

BLM01

First Grade
It was good to see Lawrie & Mcguire be honest to the media about why they did it etc
Well McGuire did more anyway..thought we would not get caught!..LOL..how true
Just like many others been issued fines over the past few weeks for breaching COVID

It is also McGuire hinted to what the stickling point in signing the agreement was the fact of liability would be bestowed (not sure how much or what would be the punishment then) upon those in the case of someone if did turn up positive from the gathering, which obviously meant being in contact with something outside the bubble and put the NRL then in big jeapardy

Now obviously the 14 days after (until this Saturday) there will be 10 nervous boys that did sign praying from hell to high water banking on no poisitive case to emerge from it.
They are obviously confident but I understand why some would be reluctant

If Dufty rang me up, I’d ask him why he thought he wasn’t wanted and we’d have a lifeline encounter.

After being cleansed of Mary-thought hopefully you could give him a second chance on half of the salary he wants.

As I’ve said, some of his old junior mates are a bit dirty on him, but I’d take him as I found him.

He does has his sub marquee moments.

Gareth67

First Grade
A00458A5-071A-458C-A484-C0577A2C10FC.jpeg

Good on ya Ray baby ! I would like to know just whom it was that whispered that bit of juicy information into your big ears ?

Give us a name Ray , what’s that you say - it was confidential ? Well if I was Vaughan or a member of the Dragons board I be would seeking legal advice for defamation of character to both the player and club itself and drag your big arse into a courtroom .

It seems that solicitors and legal documents are all the go at the moment in the NRL , so what’s one more ?

View attachment 50533

Good on ya Ray baby ! I would like to know just whom it was that whispered that bit of juicy information into your big ears ?

Give us a name Ray , what’s that you say - it was confidential ? Well if I was Vaughan or a member of the Dragons board I be would seeking legal advice for defamation of character to both the player and club itself and drag your big arse into a courtroom .

It seems that solicitors and legal documents are all the go at the moment in the NRL , so what’s one more ?
Rays last big dragon insight was that the camp was split over JDB and that was causing the disharmony attributing to the poor results.

I got the impression he didn’t like JDB at the time. Rays funny when he goes off.

Otherwise, I wish Vaughny well. He’s a good fit for the dogs in the pack but his exit will realise some much needed cashola for the sgi war chest. So it could be win/win.

Don’t forget, Hookster only has year left, he will spend as much as possible to make it a winner. He’s not really about depth and juniors. He can’t afford to be.

Both gents would be fair additions to the Tigers if we had any brains. Instead, we are chewing the cud with Fester. Strewth!

SnowDragon

Juniors
I saw McGuire's statement tonight. It wasn't an apology it was an explanation of sorts, eg. "Didn't think we'd get caught".
Actually he did apologise

yes he was honest enough to say they didn’t think they would get caught. The explanation is as good as it can be given the stupidity. I wonder how many others have gotten away at it, both at our club and in others. I find it hard to accept their self Privileged attitude. However, with The urging of the club they are apologising and I think it’s the best we can expect.

Dragons4me

Juniors
View attachment 50533

It seems that solicitors and legal documents are all the go at the moment in the NRL , so what’s one more.

Great post.
Hey Gladys (aka Ray). Keep those "un-named source" comments to your audience on old farts radio station Sydney's 2 Geriatric Broadcasting (2GB). They love you and maybe it does give your tackle a tickle but those of us under 100 years old think you're an overbearing bore.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
View attachment 50533

Joe Biden Shut Up GIF by Saturday Night Live

Gareth67

First Grade
Rays last big dragon insight was that the camp was split over JDB and that was causing the disharmony attributing to the poor results.

I got the impression he didn’t like JDB at the time. Rays funny when he goes off.

Otherwise, I wish Vaughny well. He’s a good fit for the dogs in the pack but his exit will realise some much needed cashola for the sgi war chest. So it could be win/win.

Don’t forget, Hookster only has year left, he will spend as much as possible to make it a winner. He’s not really about depth and juniors. He can’t afford to be.

Both gents would be fair additions to the Tigers if we had any brains. Instead, we are chewing the cud with Fester. Strewth!

Yes I wish him the best also Silver , such a shame that his grey matter was not on par with his footy ability .
Great post.
Hey Gladys (aka Ray). Keep those "un-named source" comments to your audience on old farts radio station Sydney's 2 Geriatric Broadcasting (2GB). They love you and maybe it does give your tackle a tickle but those of us under 100 years old think you're an overbearing bore.

☺️ Thanks D4me , but between you and me , I listen to 2GB , as they play the great songs from the 50’s & 60’s .

Last edited:
Yes I wish him the best also Silver , such a shame that his grey matter was not on par with his footy ability .

Thanks D4me , but between you and me , I listen to 2GB , as they play the great songs from the 50’s & 60’s .
I agree Vaughny should have known better, but the thrill of it got hold of him, the Adrenalin rush of the forbidden activity. But on the scale of human evil, it’s light on.

I like to surf the radio stations from time to time. If I bump into Hadley, I’ll stay tuned only if I’m interested in the topic. When he goes full on into something such as sgi, I will listen critically, but happy to disagree and roll my eyes.

Prior to him, we had John Laws etc. I’ve heard some good things about him when he does charity and his stuff trying to help the embattled greyhounds owners.

60s era music is wonderful. All the leaves are brown…

Last edited: