What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Gareth67

First Grade
A small mention in post match
commentary on 9 last night

Fittler quickly shut it down by denying any knowledge and saying as it is under investigation “no further comment”

Yes he did it so well too - said jack shat actually , at least he could had taken a leaf out of Frump Trump’s book and said “ Fake news ! “ 🤔

qld redvee

Juniors
I dare say the investigation may take a few weeks or more ,, nrl cant / wont jeopardise Qld kicking them out and having the comp put on hold - then no tv rights and no money ( maybe im getting more cynical )

Oh I can see it now st Geoge BBQ gate brings comp down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pity our boys were in the bubble
But if this is true then how many players knew anything so will the stat decs be rolled out ?

thebigredv

First Grade
Just reading Tigers' James Roberts has broken covid protocol, caught on his balcony.

Some clubs like ours and theirs just seem to attract the cream of the crop.

Will the NRL be kicked out of Qld?

BLM01

First Grade
Just reading Tigers' James Roberts has broken covid protocol, caught on his balcony.

Some clubs like ours and theirs just seem to attract the cream of the crop.

Will the NRL be kicked out of Qld?

No just Roberts
He is looking for a way out of the NRL
May have played his last game?
He has not come back anywhere near the same since finishing in Brisbane
FMD what is wrong with grabbing some fresh air on your own balcony on your own where there is no Bloody Covid anyway and these guys were tested regularly before going to QLD regardless
govt are really enjoying manipulating this new found power

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Sorry, dont see the relevance to Zac and Dan who are back next week

Could have been back earlier but both chose not to. It's inexcusable especially as fans are kept completely in the dark.

This is the standard our club accepts. Lomax missed months before he went to the BBQ. That's deplorable.

BLM01

First Grade
Could have been back earlier but both chose not to. It's inexcusable especially as fans are kept completely in the dark.

This is the standard our club accepts. Lomax missed months before he went to the BBQ. That's deplorable.
What are you talking about deplorable and inexcusable.
They exercised their right not to sign the affidavit whether it be for personal, family or legal reasons.
Probably did not want to take the risk of liability..and we all likely guess why
It meant they had to sit out a further few weeks.
The clubs hands were tied and had to accept it.
You cant begrudge them for that choice.

thebigredv

First Grade
What are you talking about deplorable and inexcusable.
They exercised their right not to sign the affidavit whether it be for personal, family or legal reasons.
Probably did not want to take the risk of liability..and we all likely guess why
It meant they had to sit out a further few weeks.
The clubs hands were tied and had to accept it.
You cant begrudge them for that choice.

Especially because they chose to do the wrong thing and attend a prohibited event they should accept the consequences and do whatever they can to make it up to the team.

They made the bed. They lie in it. On top of De Belin.

They did what was best for them. Yep, that's their right, we can't intervene, precious, precious, precious. Looks like two players interested more in themselves than the good of their ailing team.

We can only jump to conclusions. If the other players are lying and that's why they didn't sign, then come out and show some integrity and tell us all the truth.

Instead we hear nothing and our team continues to flail around haplessly.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the comp.

BLM01

First Grade
Especially because they chose to do the wrong thing and attend a prohibited event they should accept the consequences and do whatever they can to make it up to the team.

They made the bed. They lie in it. On top of De Belin.

They did what was best for them. Yep, that's their right, we can't intervene, precious, precious, precious. Looks like two players interested more in themselves than the good of their ailing team.

We can only jump to conclusions. If the other players are lying and that's why they didn't sign, then come out and show some integrity and tell us all the truth.

Instead we hear nothing and our team continues to flail around haplessly.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the comp.
Real world. It’s over, it’s dealt with, yesterday’s news, get over it
Enjoy the football

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Vaughn misses no games when he signs for Canterbury then that is BS? He does not serve the NRL suspension he was given that is he misses 8 NRL games whilst registered. He misses none. Only if Saints kept him and paid for his 8 weeks it would be served so therefore punishing Saints. Going forward Teams can sack a player if they get a suspension from the NRL, not pay them, then when the suspension is over re-sign for lower value which means the club don't suffer. Saints are idiots if they do not fight this. He has not only brought the game in disrepute but caused the club a $hitload of embarassment and derailed their season for doing the right thing in sacking the guy which is what they wanted. I bet if Saints were in the reverse situation Vaugh would not be allowed to play till Round 9 in 2022. That is a gimme. And what I mean by reverse is if a player from Dogs was suspended for 8 weeks and sacked. Saints can sign him next season and no suspension to be served. That will just not happen for Saints, the NRL would force them to not play him for 8 weeks. Saints should fight this but they won't because they are soft and the NRL walks all over them.

What makes this even worse is I have been watching Daley when he comes on Matty Johns show to talk about the market and teams outside the 8 are better odds to win a comp than Saints who have been in the 8. This has been the case for a while now before BBQ gate. When Raiders, Sharks, Knights were terrible and getting beat every week? I always wondered why. Did they somehow know Saints would be severely disadvantaged? I know it looks justified now but at the time how could you give a team that looked no hope of making the 8 better odds? Betting companies as major sponsors of the NRL, does not sit well with me at all. And the Bunker controlling results makes it easier to get the desired outcome they need.

BLM01

First Grade
If Vaughn misses no games when he signs for Canterbury then that is BS? He does not serve the NRL suspension he was given that is he misses 8 NRL games whilst registered. He misses none. Only if Saints kept him and paid for his 8 weeks it would be served so therefore punishing Saints. Going forward Teams can sack a player if they get a suspension from the NRL, not pay them, then when the suspension is over re-sign for lower value which means the club don't suffer. Saints are idiots if they do not fight this. He has not only brought the game in disrepute but caused the club a $hitload of embarassment and derailed their season for doing the right thing in sacking the guy which is what they wanted. I bet if Saints were in the reverse situation Vaugh would not be allowed to play till Round 9 in 2022. That is a gimme. And what I mean by reverse is if a player from Dogs was suspended for 8 weeks and sacked. Saints can sign him next season and no suspension to be served. That will just not happen for Saints, the NRL would force them to not play him for 8 weeks. Saints should fight this but they won't because they are soft and the NRL walks all over them.

What makes this even worse is I have been watching Daley when he comes on Matty Johns show to talk about the market and teams outside the 8 are better odds to win a comp than Saints who have been in the 8. This has been the case for a while now before BBQ gate. When Raiders, Sharks, Knights were terrible and getting beat every week? I always wondered why. Did they somehow know Saints would be severely disadvantaged? I know it looks justified now but at the time how could you give a team that looked no hope of making the 8 better odds? Betting companies as major sponsors of the NRL, does not sit well with me at all. And the Bunker controlling results makes it easier to get the desired outcome they need.
No you are wrong
Tearing up contract is his suspension earned And served
Think of his income loss just for the last 3 months. That is why they allow him to start afresh. It does make sense
Suspending him on top for another 8 weeks on top of fines, sacking, loss of income at another club is also unfair
was the Dragons that chose to sack him and tear up his contract and rightfully so not the other way round but he had been punished enough

Walpole

Juniors
No just Roberts
He is looking for a way out of the NRL
May have played his last game?
He has not come back anywhere near the same since finishing in Brisbane
FMD what is wrong with grabbing some fresh air on your own balcony on your own where there is no Bloody Covid anyway and these guys were tested regularly before going to QLD regardless
govt are really enjoying manipulating this new found power
Absolutely ridiculous - Arrow and Koroisau bring women into Origin camp from outside the bubble, Roberts steps out on his balcony for some fresh air and it's Roberts that's going to bring the NRL down. Guess it depends on who you play for.

smi962

First Grade
Imagine a couple of years ago if you said all the NRL teams had moved to QLD to play and players were in severe trouble for walking on their balcony, exchanging food between balconies and inviting women to their rooms.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
After the BBQ sanctions were imposed by the NRL, I originally thought that the NRL had done us a favour by allowing the suspensions to be spread over 4 weeks. I have changed my mind. We would have been better off playing a super weak team for 1 week instead of this slow death of playing a weak team for 4 weeks. The frustration seems never ending! I mean, even at full strength we are at best a 50/50 chance of winning a game. The NRLs decision just means we forfeit 8 points instead of 2. Not happy.

ALSGI

Bench
After the BBQ sanctions were imposed by the NRL, I originally thought that the NRL had done us a favour by allowing the suspensions to be spread over 4 weeks. I have changed my mind. We would have been better off playing a super weak team for 1 week instead of this slow death of playing a weak team for 4 weeks. The frustration seems never ending! I mean, even at full strength we are at best a 50/50 chance of winning a game. The NRLs decision just means we forfeit 8 points instead of 2. Not happy.
Can’t agree mate, I think the decision to spread the suspensions over 4 weeks gave us a big advantage or at least a chance to win the last 2 games.

We should have beat Manly and Titans - we were just shit.

BLM01

First Grade
Can’t agree mate, I think the decision to spread the suspensions over 4 weeks gave us a big advantage or at least a chance to win the last 2 games.

We should have beat Manly and Titans - we were just shit.
Yeh the more I thought about it they should have tanked 2 games against Manly & Souths resting 6 and 5 respectively as were allowed to do it that way and then been just about full strength for the other 2 more winnable games
2 out if 4 wins during this period would be acceptable
IMO the coaching staff have made errors trying to spread over 4