What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs knights

Cagey Mac

Bench
I have not been told anything specific but my source who doesn't spin and I mean ever, does know what's going on and told me that the situation is under control.
Timeframes are always incredibly flexible; CEO to CEO discussions really do happen and often.
All I know is that I was told don't worry it's all good and my source doesn't say things like that if it's not the case.
The interaction between players, agents, CEO's and coaches is very complex and fraught with unnecessary personality related complexities that affect outcomes. Dugan would have been with us years ago if this wasn't the case. My disillusionment with Price's coaching is mitigated a hell of a lot by my faith in club.
I'm willing to trust for a while (like that matters to anyone).

On player specifics apart from a slightly deeper insight into recent history (and not Soward) I know as much, if not less than the rest of us.

Hope this is helpful, it's all I have

Elias1983

Coach
I have not been told anything specific but my source who doesn't spin and I mean ever, does know what's going on and told me that the situation is under control.
Timeframes are always incredibly flexible; CEO to CEO discussions really do happen and often.
All I know is that I was told don't worry it's all good and my source doesn't say things like that if it's not the case.
The interaction between players, agents, CEO's and coaches is very complex and fraught with unnecessary personality related complexities that affect outcomes. Dugan would have been with us years ago if this wasn't the case. My disillusionment with Price's coaching is mitigated a hell of a lot by my faith in club.

On player specifics apart from a slightly deeper insight into recent history (and not Soward) I know as much, if not less than the rest of us.

Thanks Cagey!

Mr Red

First Grade
Dropping players for poor form only works when you have someone to bring in. Why do you think we have gone out and bought these players from other clubs? Why do you think we are still linked to every decent player in the competition? Maybe it's time to acknowledge we have a shit squad, at least the club appears to be doing something about that.

dropping players also serves as warning that sub standard efforts wont be tolerated.. and dropping such players should still occur to get that message across.
we have some up and comers who have been in good form that are good enough to bring in. it wont hurt at all given how hopeless we are travelling at the moment.

watatank

Coach
dropping players also serves as warning that sub standard efforts wont be tolerated.. and dropping such players should still occur to get that message across.
we have some up and comers who have been in good form that are good enough to bring in. it wont hurt at all given how hopeless we are travelling at the moment.

No we don't and yes it will.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Rugby League News just tweeted "Don't be surprised if Thirsty is playing in the halves and Stanley back to centres tomorrow"
Let's hope that his defence is strong if that's the case

I get wherr you're coming from, and it has been fairly poorly managed by Pricey (assuming your assumptions of what is happening behind the scenes is correct). But let's not play Sowie out to be a victim here - as much as he loves Saints, it's blaringly obvious that he doesn't have the best attitude in terms of teamwork and working hard (as can be seen in interviews where he doesn't take criticism, deflects blame and falls back on his form in 2010-11)...he hasn't been one to say 'I want to be the reason Saints start winning', particularly since signing his new contract...

As for the bits I highlighted - keep in mind, Sowie is a professional footballer who is still being paid by the dragons, and he should be putting his everything into playing the rest of the season, regardless of his views of the club or the coach. He SHOULD be a leader for his reputation, as well as for the money he is being paid. It's part of being a footballer and a good person in general! He is also paid to follow the coaches instructions - if Price says he wants Soward to run to the line, he needs to do it. It's not up to Price to devise a plan around Soward, if up to Soward to follow his instructions, and if he's not doing that, then there will be issues.

Again, agree with your point about poor management of the situation, but I dont think Soward is absolved of any blame here...

A fair response BennyV !

Soward is a professional, who is paid well and can be expected to follow instructions. I'm by no means siding with Jamie Soward, I have stated in previous posts that he should have been given the lesson he surely needed, a long time ago - i.e. how not to sulk. My main point is criticism of Steve Price's management of the man and the situation, and the club being seen to drop its standards by not sending off a champion (any champion, sulking or not) without applause. I don't like that. There is not a SINGLE player from 2010 GF victorious side, that we should send away in shame. Not one.

On Steve Price's game-plan, either he hasn't got one, or hasn't been able to successfully implement it, or he has implemented it but it doesn't work. I can accept players not sticking to the game-plan as an occasional abberration - but this has been going on 18 months now. And, they're getting worse!

And lastly, i agree with Rev. I just don't believe Steve Price is working to some brilliant master plan, on the field or off, and it's all about to come together. I think that it's all about to explode in his face is more likely true.

But how'bout Cagey Mac's post..... !? :shock:

TheRev

Coach
Rugby League News just tweeted "Don't be surprised if Thirsty is playing in the halves and Stanley back to centres tomorrow"
Let's hope that his defence is strong if that's the case
Id be shocked if its not the case... but hes got 1-2 weeks max, unless ofcourse he shines enough to replace Fien I guess.

Fiery

Juniors
Dropping players for poor form only works when you have someone to bring in. Why do you think we have gone out and bought these players from other clubs? Why do you think we are still linked to every decent player in the competition? Maybe it's time to acknowledge we have a shit squad, at least the club appears to be doing something about that.

That argument is so worn-out. Last season Fien kept King in the Cutters for pretty much the entire season while Latimore kept JDB in the Cutters. Did Price have anyone better to choose from at that time? On the same day as the Penrith debacle Drinkwater was MOM. So what does Price do? Keep the same team! If it were some kind of aberration one could understand him sticking with the same team but given the way the season has gone....... That was the final straw!

I think a guy like Drinkwater could do well with a stronger, bigger forward pack behind him (i.e. playing Prior in the second-row) and perhaps the best back 3 in the competition. Maybe or maybe not but with Fien at halfback obviously the team isn't going to figure in the playoffs and will be lucky to avoid the wooden spoon so why not give guys like Drinkwater a chance? That isn't the only way the halves problem could be solved. Moving Soward to half and playing Stanley, King or Quinlin at 5/8 are other possibilities. There are numerous things to try but obviously Price doesn't mind throwing Soward under the bus but Fien goes the same day Price goes. I hope and think it will be very soon.

Thanks Scoop !! :cool:

But this is even more cryptic.

Is Josh Drinkwater going to play half-back on the weekend? Is that what you really want to say?:shock:

Gawd, I hope so.

somsteve

Juniors
I read that Drinkwater will play in the halves tomorrow with Chase Stanley back to the centres.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Invariably some reporter is bound to enquire of Uncle Wayne as to the coaching bona fides of one Steve Price. Perhaps even more of a certainty, if the predicted massacre does happen. Therefore I can but wonder what glowing tributes will flow from his gob? Who know's he might even tell the truth! :)

Hate to even think it - but OT I think you will be proven right come 7:30pm tomorrow night. Uncle Wayne will just smile wryly, and say '....he'll be ok".

And stupidly, we'll all believe the old fox.

Fiery

Juniors
Invariably some reporter is bound to enquire of Uncle Wayne as to the coaching bona fides of one Steve Price. Perhaps even more of a certainty, if the predicted massacre does happen. Therefore I can but wonder what glowing tributes will flow from his gob? Who know's he might even tell the truth! :)

He knows his nefarious little game will be too obvious if he openly praises Price still more. He will subtly blame everything but the coach and then finish off with something like "The effort is there so it will come". If the Dragons somehow win he will say something like "the hard work is starting to pay off." Then in a month after another 3 losses we will be talking about Price getting the sack again.

The moment of truth is almost upon us.

I expect our previously excellent record against the Knights (and at Marathon) to take a hit tonight.

In a team struggling to score points, we've gone and dropped one of the few players in the team, who has a few points in him, to the cutters.

Now... While I don't think tonight will produce a cricket score (the lads will try hard our defence should be reasonable), I doubt that we will ever even look like winning.

I'm trying to stay positive. I just hope Mr Price learns something tonight.

TheRev

Coach
Always a chance, Dugen will smash it tonight, will be fully motivated with Hayne's injury..

As for previous records the commentators keep coming back too.. they should all be suspended lol, its not fair to compare the 2013 squad/coach with the Bennett era, the records back then mean nothing.

nrlnrl

First Grade
For those who haven't heard, a couple of changes for the Cutters - Daniel Vidot on the wing & Bronx Goodwin on the bench. ( so no Drinkwater in NRL ). Remember all 3 grades are on Fox Sports 1 - Cutters from 1pm.

TheRev

Coach
just saw Vidot playing, great move, I guess Brett & Flo are fit so it seems obvious in hindsight.

Latest posts