What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs knights

BennyV

Referee
There are degrees of skill. They have more than some but a lot less than others AND they are made of glass.

Haha I got your point, it just sounded funny...I agree that they were all about potential but never lived up to it, both had a hell of a lot of talent in them (like the youngest brother, from what I've heard) but the injuries took their toll...

There MAY be time for Kyle but Chase, not so much...

Cagey Mac

Bench
Fiendish_plot_of_dr_fu_manchu.jpg
It's Fien, ffs. I expect the Fiery pattern of disdain for our halfback ill continue, but I hope the pattern of misspelling his name doesnt. He's been with us for 5 years now! How can people still get it wrong lol

All part of a fiendish plot to drive you even more insane Godzy!

TheRev

Coach
It's Fien, ffs. I expect the Fiery pattern of disdain for our halfback ill continue, but I hope the pattern of misspelling his name doesnt. He's been with us for 5 years now! How can people still get it wrong lol
How sure are you? Honestly Fein just rolls off the tongue.

Fiery

Juniors
potential, skill...but at the end of the day the Stanley boys are just ever making up numbers in our teams

sorry if the truth hurts but they are average

Maybe. My position is that neither have really had a chance. One has been playing centre is a team totally devoid of any playmaking in the halves and the other has played everywhere except where he is best, in the halves.

Last edited:

Fiery

Juniors
It's Fien, ffs. I expect the Fiery pattern of disdain for our halfback will continue, but I hope the pattern of misspelling his name doesnt. He's been with us for 5 years now! How can people still get it wrong lol

You are right on both counts. You are for sure the king of lizards [sic] "Godz Illa".

Gazzaw

Juniors
Maybe. My position is that neither have really had a chance. One has been playing centre is a team totally devoid of any playmaking in the halves and the other has played everywhere except where he is best, in the halves.
Stanley boys are over rated &injury prone but they are Dousts love children.

rabbitohs95

Bench
steve price is coach of the dragons

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

the sad thing is i understood that :lol::lol::lol:

dunno why vidot's on the bench and prior is starting, honestly i haven't watched many dragons games but vidot seems like he excels at centre and prior is meh

nrlnrl

First Grade
big chance that Drinkwater is given a go at half with Fien pushed to 5/8 & Stanley back to the centres

also think KIng will start & Rein to the bench

TheRev

Coach
big chance that Drinkwater is given a go at half with Fien pushed to 5/8 & Stanley back to the centres

also think KIng will start & Rein to the bench
DW has to be a big chance, only thing is hes only going to get 1 game before Williams arrives.. though if he impresses he may potentially get Fien's (that was for you Godz!) spot down the track.

the sad thing is i understood that :lol::lol::lol:

dunno why vidot's on the bench and prior is starting, honestly i haven't watched many dragons games but vidot seems like he excels at centre and prior is meh

If Vidot played with a bit of depth, he could be a very potent attacking centre. The question marks are around his defensive reads

nontime111

Juniors
Its all about the HUMAN touch...Steve may be a great guy, I think hes a nice bloke...a top chap! But as far as people skills and streetsmarts, hes no Jack Gibson or Wayne Bennett! Hes so out of touch with how to let people BE themselves, the players are instintually GREAT at league and thats why they are there....then the guy tries to OVERCOACH them by the looks of it, utterly strangles their natural game entirely, is so sad to watch gutwrenching as a Dragons fan...he just needs to GO ....NOW!!

changes...what changes???
after 2 embarassing efforts he drops Soward, and not because of form or because of the teams poor showings, he drops him because they personally dont get on...and then has the stupidity to move an average centre who cant tackle into an organising role where he will be required to do even more defence...

not a single player has been dropped due to poor form ... Price is still clueless. so really not sure what you mean by Price making changes..

...as animated as Mr Red is famous for, I think this post is an accurate analysis of what is really going on.

It's not form. If is was, then Steve Price is a poor judge of form. There are others playing worse. And Steve Price could move on the most obvious one because he actually has better options. I mean Mitch Rein sadly is out of form, obviously more so than Sowie. And Fien is simply a better hooker and could go there, relieving him (Fien) of undeserved criticism caused mostly by playing out of position, a job he has taken on with the best possible attitude - much like Matt Prior does playing centre. They remain both great players - both playing out of their best position.... And now too Stanley is out of position. This part reeks of Price always playing the lesser of two evils, instead of using initiative. He's painted himself into a corner.

I could understand if Soward is dropped because of bad attitude. But let's be pragmatic. Can you expect Soward to be the most switched on leader right now - in these circumstances? His beloved dragons snubbed him. Still, I could accept him being dropped for bad attitude. That's a coach making a stand - a good thing.

But that's not it.

It is political - a personality clash, loaded on the fact that in 18 months Steve Price never has devised a strategy to play to Soward's strengths. The fact that Soward is now a scapegoat for Dragon's 2nd poor season in a row not only serves to divert attention away from how inept Steve Price is, but is way below Dragon's usual high standards for sending off one of their own champions with the esteem and adulation he deserves.

Altogether - badly mismanaged, and lousy!

I wonder if its as much about sowards inability to adapt to prices playing "style" and the change in the way that the game is being played over the past two years. We can't still play deep to Jamie all of the time, especially when our forwards aren't as dominant as in 2010. So maybe price has said this is how we are going to play and Jamie can't/won't step up?? If Gould thinks that Jamie is going to repeat 2010 at panthers I think he should look at how the game is played now. As much as price is to blame, sowie needs to adapt him plaing style and probably his mindset

BennyV

Referee
...as animated as Mr Red is famous for, I think this post is an accurate analysis of what is really going on.

It's not form. If is was, then Steve Price is a poor judge of form. There are others playing worse. And Steve Price could move on the most obvious one because he actually has better options. I mean Mitch Rein sadly is out of form, obviously more so than Sowie. And Fien is simply a better hooker and could go there, relieving him (Fien) of undeserved criticism caused mostly by playing out of position, a job he has taken on with the best possible attitude - much like Matt Prior does playing centre. They remain both great players - both playing out of their best position.... And now too Stanley is out of position. This part reeks of Price always playing the lesser of two evils, instead of using initiative. He's painted himself into a corner.

I could understand if Soward is dropped because of bad attitude. But let's be pragmatic. Can you expect Soward to be the most switched on leader right now - in these circumstances? His beloved dragons snubbed him. Still, I could accept him being dropped for bad attitude. That's a coach making a stand - a good thing.

But that's not it.

It is political - a personality clash, loaded on the fact that in 18 months Steve Price never has devised a strategy to play to Soward's strengths. The fact that Soward is now a scapegoat for Dragon's 2nd poor season in a row not only serves to divert attention away from how inept Steve Price is, but is way below Dragon's usual high standards for sending off one of their own champions with the esteem and adulation he deserves.

Altogether - badly mismanaged, and lousy!

I get wherr you're coming from, and it has been fairly poorly managed by Pricey (assuming your assumptions of what is happening behind the scenes is correct). But let's not play Sowie out to be a victim here - as much as he loves Saints, it's blaringly obvious that he doesn't have the best attitude in terms of teamwork and working hard (as can be seen in interviews where he doesn't take criticism, deflects blame and falls back on his form in 2010-11)...he hasn't been one to say 'I want to be the reason Saints start winning', particularly since signing his new contract...

As for the bits I highlighted - keep in mind, Sowie is a professional footballer who is still being paid by the dragons, and he should be putting his everything into playing the rest of the season, regardless of his views of the club or the coach. He SHOULD be a leader for his reputation, as well as for the money he is being paid. It's part of being a footballer and a good person in general! He is also paid to follow the coaches instructions - if Price says he wants Soward to run to the line, he needs to do it. It's not up to Price to devise a plan around Soward, if up to Soward to follow his instructions, and if he's not doing that, then there will be issues.

Again, agree with your point about poor management of the situation, but I dont think Soward is absolved of any blame here...

Cagey Mac

Bench
So I guess that we should all do our job now and hold the line despite our confusion
I'm told that there's a plan and I believe what my source tells me so I'll hang in there
I can't see what Price is about but trust that the club knows
Feels bloody uncomfortable though
Go Dragons!

Cagey

BennyV

Referee
So I guess that we should all do our job now and hold the line despite our confusion
I'm told that there's a plan and I believe what my source tells me so I'll hang in there
Go Dragons!

Cagey

What have you been told?

You're being too obvious friend, you need to be a lot more cryptic when you say these things so less of us understand...

TheRev

Coach
Go Dragons!

Cagey
I so want to believe you, if your talking just about replacing Sowie thats not a problem (but should never have been allowed to go on for this long), but Id like to hope there is more to our plans than Williams & some new signing for 2014 (but its a good start).

I really struggle to believe that Price is part of any plan, i.e. that he is secretly a master tactician who just happens to be introverted in front of cameras and unable to offer any insight into his team (apart from cliches).

And the part that really frustrates me is that Price still refuses to take short-term risks for long-term pay-off, i.e. the same players get selected each week until the reality of the situation is about to explode in his face... this has to damage the club culture/competition.

watatank

Coach
Dropping players for poor form only works when you have someone to bring in. Why do you think we have gone out and bought these players from other clubs? Why do you think we are still linked to every decent player in the competition? Maybe it's time to acknowledge we have a shit squad, at least the club appears to be doing something about that.

Last edited:

Latest posts