What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs knights

TALENted

Juniors
tell me now soward is not there which bloke can throw a 20 mtre cutout pass to an unmarked winger?

tell me the only bloke thats done that this yr?

what they waiting for fein? the bloke cant throw 5 mtres without it going 10 mtres fwd, tell them to get a grip,.....so im guessing there happy that fein will now be our tactical kicker?

no idea !

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
I was praying to see the name "Chase" in the halves soon, but i didn't think it would be "Chase Stanley" !
I think the big fella upstairs misunderstood me !
DOH ! #-o

jenninga

First Grade
I don't think Jamie is playing as good or as bad as anyone else in the team I think it is his attitude (most of the things we don't see and some we do) that has got him the axe. Let's remember he is one of the highest paid players in the team and he needs to have the right attitude. The whole thing stinks no matter how you look at it.
This is correct,as a senior player attitude is a massive thing for team spirit.The hysteria whipped up here is astounding without knowing the reasons.And Stanley picked at 6,why don't we see how he goes before we all get heart attacks,as disappointing as Prices coaching has been ,do you really think he put Stanley there without thinking he could do a good job.

Old_Timer

Juniors
The whole Price saga is spiraling out of control and he is now in the throes of desperate illogical decision making, brought on by a siege mentality, that his former patron in Doust has forsaken him. There won't be any extending of the olive branch by either Doust or the Club. Ask yourself why, with all the upheaval going on within our Club, Doust's silence is deafening. In politics they call it, "man overboard", anyone want to throw in a lifejacket?

Father Ted

First Grade
The whole Price saga is spiraling out of control and he is now in the throes of desperate illogical decision making, brought on by a siege mentality, that his former patron in Doust has forsaken him. There won't be any extending of the olive branch by either Doust or the Club. Ask yourself why, with all the upheaval going on within our Club, Doust's silence is deafening. In politics they call it, "man overboard", anyone want to throw in a lifejacket?

Thats my read as well .. The front office is thinking we've got our patsy for the mob.

God-King Dean

Immortal
6. Chase Stanley

Raisins_Face.jpg

Father Ted

First Grade

The board have their's in Doust
Doust has his in Price
Price has his in Soward

Who has time for the team?

One staff officer jumped right over another staff officers back .
Oh what a loverly war.

Hoekstra

Juniors
Well I guess our defence will be decent with Prior in the centres and Chase pushed in to 6.

Not sure where the points are comming from and I've given up on trying to understand our game plan, player selections etc.....

Fiery

Juniors
Fein filled in at the only position the Dragons were weak in a few years ago. He was good but certainly not great. He won a premiership and got chosen in NZs World Cup team on the back of a great Dragons team. The next year when that position was filled the club owed nothing to Fein. One could make a case for Hornby and Young to play a season (or a couple for Hornby) too long but the same can't be said of Fein.

He was a solid hooker, about as good as Rein I would say but not close to King. Last year it was patently ridiculous he was selected ahead of King all year except when Soward was (supposedly) injured when he filled in at 5/8 rather than giving K. Stanley a chance to play in his right position.

I know Fein tries hard as "a few" (very few) people on this forum have mentioned but he lacks the talent or is too old or call it however you want but he isn't a NSW Cup quality half and is probably the 4th or 5th best hooker at the club.

It's baffling how he is still in the team. Could it have something to do with Bennett? The chinless monkey is always raving about how much respect he has for and how much he admires Bennett and etc. Bennett seems to me to be a nefarious rat who signed Fein until the end of this year and then selected him for the All-Stars game. He didn't have any trouble taking a few other players who were contracted to the Dragons but didn't want Fein despite making a play for King.

Of course it's the chinless monkeys fault either way but I just think Bennett has "encouraged" or helped along the present situation.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I was praying to see the name "Chase" in the halves soon, but i didn't think it would be "Chase Stanley" !
I think the big fella upstairs misunderstood me !
DOH ! #-o

I never thought I'd see the day in this great club of ours after we have been blessed with so many great 5/8s like Poppa Clay, Tony Branson, Phil Hawthorne, Tony Trudgett etc etc that we are now at the level of picking Chase Stanley in this position....geez we really are going nowhere fast are we.....another disappointing choice in my opinion ....I realise that Sowards going and we have signed Widdop but is this the best we can do in the mean time....personally I cant wait till this seasons over.

Last edited:

Fiery

Juniors
Oh Dear, so the experimentation has begun. Chase as a 5/6, simply cannot see it working.

I'm somewhat optimistic about him at 5/8 but not with Fein. He is a big, fast 5/8 and I think would work well with a scheming, ball-playing half but with Fein who isn't any kind of halfback.....

I think many people on this forum will be baying for Stanley's blood next Monday and may well get it but Fein will continue to be selected at 1/2.

grandorient

Bench
I'm somewhat optimistic about him at 5/8 but not with Fein. He is a big, fast 5/8 and I think would work well with a scheming, ball-playing half but with Fein who isn't any kind of halfback.....

I think many people on this forum will be baying for Stanley's blood next Monday and may well get it but Fein will continue to be selected at 1/2.

No he won't.

GO

dragonv

Juniors
potential, skill...but at the end of the day the Stanley boys are just ever making up numbers in our teams

sorry if the truth hurts but they are average

Godz Illa

Coach
It's Fien, ffs. I expect the Fiery pattern of disdain for our halfback will continue, but I hope the pattern of misspelling his name doesnt. He's been with us for 5 years now! How can people still get it wrong lol

Last edited: