What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs panthers

Mr Red

First Grade
I agree. It's an embellishment. Some might say the Mercury has an agenda to promote McGregor as coach :sarcasm:

I'm starting to think so too.. McGregor 5-4 win loss with zero wins against the true contenders and somehow is favourite for the gig long term.... wtf???

j0nesy

Bench
5/4 win loss is good with our squad and given the morale of the squad when Price left. Was a good win against Melbourne. He's doing well with what he's got and what he inherited. Missing a good players in a couple of key positions. A good prop for one

TheRev

Coach
Very not-confident...Panthers have 100 players out, have theirs backs to the wall and are the underdogs at our home ground...yet theyve still been finding a way to get up over good teams, still have a very good team with some real weapons in the backs, hard forwards and a smart coach.

Dangerous game...
they're a good side, but imo one of the easiest games we will face for the rest of the season.

If we lose then we don't deserve to be in the finals, we have every advantage and incentive to be up for this one.

watatank

Coach
they're a good side, but imo one of the easiest games we will face for the rest of the season.

If we lose then we don't deserve to be in the finals, we have every advantage and incentive to be up for this one.

At what point did we 'deserve' to be in the finals?

TheRev

Coach
At what point did we 'deserve' to be in the finals?
I understand your point, but imo its fair enough to lose against sides like Manly or the Roosters, but if we cant beat the 2nd tier sides like Penrith & Canberra, around a month out from finals, then its all irrelevant, these are the games that need to build a run into the finals.

Mr Red

First Grade
I understand your point, but imo its fair enough to lose against sides like Manly or the Roosters, but if we cant beat the 2nd tier sides like Penrith & Canberra, around a month out from finals, then its all irrelevant, these are the games that need to build a run into the finals.

2nd tier sides like Penrith and Canberra ???
I wouldn't call Canberra a second tier side.... They are shite this season, worse then ever

smi962

First Grade
Don't think it will be easy, the panthers have shown they play a fairly consistent style of football. We will have to still play well, but I think we do play well at WIN when we are in a reasonable frame of mind.

Soul Dragon

Juniors

While I've thought Penrith have over acheived we probably have to accept as they are in 3rd spot this time of year they are the real deal. Even with injuries they have some very experienced replacements in Kingston and Grant. They will be hard to beat but if we put in an 80min performance I'm confident. With some results going against us from other games recently I don't think we can afford to drop another game

Mr Red

First Grade
I think being in contention after losing 7/8 under Price would cover that.

More of a reflection on how many average teams there are this season in the comp, rather than a reflection of mcgregors "amazing" coaching.....

jenninga

First Grade

I hate where we are at atm where we can't beat the top sides.Sh*ts me .

FlameThrower

Bench
I don't think the Panthers are easy beats at all....did anyone watch the Souths V Manly game last night? Souths attack formation and defense was beautiful to watch. they looked like there had 20 players out there in defence. . The 1 solid line of defence was very impressive. I remember 1 set where Manly made 13 metre gain, and very impressive set where Souths gained 89 metres...that's how you win games.....but it does help with big forwards who can pass, offload and they all back themselves...

TheFrog

Coach
The Dragons this year have and will struggle against the heavyweight teams. I think we're a big chance against the over achieving Panthers though.

What is this "over-achieving" shit. We got this in 2010 as well. I would have thought it was a compliment, a side having had a good season with an average looking squad, but it seems to be used to predict downfall.

Everyone is predicting the Panthers will collapse. We can't get a single tip playing against the 11th placed team who have only won 6 from their last 16.

If you've been watching this side, there is a reason they are high on the ladder without any stars. They play as a team. They don't give in. They defend their line. You might have noticed this in the previous game between these sides. And they have depth other teams can only dream of.

Not an easy game for you blokes. It depends how much you want to win. In the end we fight another day if we lose but this is our best chance to wrap up a finals spot. For you guys, a loss is fatal, really.

pinkmoon

Juniors
I don't think the Panthers are easy beats at all....did anyone watch the Souths V Manly game last night? Souths attack formation and defense was beautiful to watch. they looked like there had 20 players out there in defence. . The 1 solid line of defence was very impressive. I remember 1 set where Manly made 13 metre gain, and very impressive set where Souths gained 89 metres...that's how you win games.....but it does help with big forwards who can pass, offload and they all back themselves...

are you kidding? They are an even greater testament than Melbourne to how the wrestle is killing the spectacle of rugby league...all night they just lay in the play-the-ball and slowed the game down to suit there bash and barge one dimensional game plan and took all the "football" out of the contest. They are a disgrace to the game, and so are there toothless supporters. How hard is it to restrict a team to 13 metres in a set when the referee lets you set your line perfectly for every ruck? Even still, DCE was able out smart them with natural talent and kick a 40/20 to get out of trouble. Going off lasts nights referees performance, it seems the NRL are gunning for a Souths premiership.

Latest posts