What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs panthers

GT0007

Juniors
sometimes I forget that Merrin is still in the team...he was developing into an 80 minute powerhouse at one stage, and now he is just another bench forward.

Dugan/Marshall/Ah Mau all defending down the right edge; this lot might as well roll out the red carpet, or erect a sign that says "open for business" because it's such an inviting corridor for opposition attackers.

I have to conceed that teams are working out how to shift our defense and leave those 3 hanging out to dry. Au Mah had a good game today in terms of bending the line and also was ok in D except the 1 lapse that led to a try, however he should start from the bench. Marshall should never be 1 on 1 with Idris or should anyone else for that matter. We lack numbers on that side a lot and its no accident.

Merrin is an 80min player or there about and its time he started again. Friz will be back this week and with such a long lay off he should get some fitness thru the Cutters but with Hunt and Harrison selected I'd take Friz if he had 3 years off, especially with only 4 games to go Hopefully Matthews back in the starting line up as well.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
It annoys the f#ck out of me seeing Dugan making 20+ tackles a game & being to tired to attack when the opportunity comes.It is just like Black Caviar being used as a draught horse DUMB.Give Dugan his due he tries his ass off every time & hasn't thrown the towel in.Sure he may not have the passing game we need at the moment but it can be coached into him but the team needs his strengths at the back which are his running & defence.
Mary's reluctance to move him back reeks of Price all over stubborn,dumb & clueless.
PS don't start me on Ah Mau, Harrison or Hunt, did Hunt even play in the 2nd half? Mathews again treated like shit.:x

GT0007

Juniors
It annoys the f#ck out of me seeing Dugan making 20+ tackles a game & being to tired to attack when the opportunity comes.It is just like Black Caviar being used as a draught horse DUMB.Give Dugan his due he tries his ass off every time & hasn't thrown the towel in.Sure he may not have the passing game we need at the moment but it can be coached into him but the team needs his strengths at the back which are his running & defence.
Mary's reluctance to move him back reeks of Price all over stubborn,dumb & clueless.
PS don't start me on Ah Mau, Harrison or Hunt, did Hunt even play in the 2nd half? Mathews again treated like shit.:x

Hunt had back spasms b4 the game and only played about 20mins thank god. Au Mau had a good game other than the poor D read on our line. Topped the metres even though he had sh#t ball most of the time. He bent the line more often than not. Still as I've said he should come off the Bench especially when Merrin is sitting there.

Harrison is a mystery, he's built like a brick sh#thouse and fully understands what lines to run etc but seems to play with no interest especially in D. I'm surprised at Matthews omission but suspect it was a failed attempt at rotation and will be shocked if he's not named next week, he's really gone up a gear lately

Mr Red

First Grade
Im really glad the team was so pumped up and motivated for a big performance for Hunt's 150th...
- and the Anzac day matches
- and the SCG matches
- and the rivalry rounds...

there is something rotten at the core of the club at the moment, the players simply wont get motivated for any big match... they talk a lot about it but deliver nothing on the field. I suspect its due to the fact that they know regardless of performance they will still get picked each week...

dragonreddy

Juniors
Im really glad the team was so pumped up and motivated for a big performance for Hunt's 150th...
- and the Anzac day matches
- and the SCG matches
- and the rivalry rounds...

there is something rotten at the core of the club at the moment, the players simply wont get motivated for any big match... they talk a lot about it but deliver nothing on the field. I suspect its due to the fact that they know regardless of performance they will still get picked each week...

Definately something wrong,for a team that has pledged their loyalty to Mary non stop everyday for the last 2 months they certainly didn't play like that was the case considering how critical a win was.

Someone else touched on the fact the newer blokes on the big dollars aren't setting the world on fire and perhaps there is a bit of resentment from the blokes on less money.

Marshall must give them the shits ,strolls in on big money and does jack shit.

Mr Red

First Grade
Slightly off topic but can anyone explain what was with our jerseys ? THe grey patterns on the sleeves, along with the "graffiti" look red V spray painted on the front....
Was this jersey promoting anything or just yet another crap variation in order to sell more merchandise ?

GT0007

Juniors
Slightly off topic but can anyone explain what was with our jerseys ? THe grey patterns on the sleeves, along with the "graffiti" look red V spray painted on the front....
Was this jersey promoting anything or just yet another crap variation in order to sell more merchandise ?

I have a vague idea they were designed by a local aboriginal artist for the clos the gap round

Latest posts