What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs panthers

Mr Red

First Grade
What a shambles that was...however expected.
Another example of not even competing against the well drlilled sides, surely that's enough to see the end of any mcgregor talk as coach.... Or was Price back coaching today by the looks of it.

Nothing in attack, useless kicks, headless chooks with no direction.

Benji missing in action again, plodder ah mau lost in lateral defence yet again, Dugan wasted in the centres, and Quinlan simply awful....

What a disgrace

FlameThrower

Bench
Even Andrew Johns passed a comment, Penrith well coached, well drilled side.....we just met up in the car park 1 hr earlier, had a beer and hope for the best....it failed.

TruSaint

Referee
Those f**king early kicks are really doing my head in. Marshall puts a nothing bomb up on the third, Quinlan puts a useless grubber in on the 1st, Creagh on the 4th and Widdop on the 2nd or 3rd... It's pathetic.
Duges MUST return to FB! Quinlan was average yet again apart from the Morris try.

End of the day panthers stuck to the game plan and hit it up the guts and gave it to Sowie (sound familiar) to steer the ship. Always making 50-60m on us every set because we almost refuse to move of the mark in D, rather they slide and jog backwards... Seasons gone, 3 year drought continues :(

Great analysis.
We r f...........

Nealo 12

First Grade
I understand your point, but imo its fair enough to lose against sides like Manly or the Roosters, but if we cant beat the 2nd tier sides like Penrith & Canberra, around a month out from finals, then its all irrelevant, these are the games that need to build a run into the finals.

It's sanctimonious fools like you that make us second tier team supporters love the butt hurt that you feel every time we beat your mob .

Blues Riff

Bench
:lol: Most of the Dragons fans have been pretty good this week.

I personally never felt comfortable in the game. It was like the Dragons were always capable of over-running us if they got the chance. To our credit, we didn't give them that chance.
Don't give up on the finals yet. I didn't think you were too bad.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Those f**king early kicks are really doing my head in. Marshall puts a nothing bomb up on the third, Quinlan puts a useless grubber in on the 1st, Creagh on the 4th and Widdop on the 2nd or 3rd... It's pathetic.
Duges MUST return to FB! Quinlan was average yet again apart from the Morris try.

End of the day panthers stuck to the game plan and hit it up the guts and gave it to Sowie (sound familiar) to steer the ship. Always making 50-60m on us every set because we almost refuse to move of the mark in D, rather they slide and jog backwards... Seasons gone, 3 year drought continues :(

Agree with everything you say mate....to late for this year now, but playing Dugan near Widdop and Marshall just doesn't work....I don't give a stuff if it worked for Dugan in Origin it just doesn't work for us....as I've said time and again on here Quinlan's NOT the answer for our fullback option, for a start he puts more pressure on Beale, Morris and Nightingale with his non return of the kicks and his lack of interest at times under the high ball....

Next week???

1. Dugan
2. Nightingale
3. Mata utai
4. Beale
5. Morris
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. Merrin
9. Rein
10. Cooper
11. Creagh
12. Thompson
13. De Bellin
14. Stockwell
15. Frizzel
16. Matthews
17. Ah Mau / Harrison

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Next week???

1. Dugan
2. Nightingale
3. Mata utai
4. Beale
5. Morris
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. Merrin
9. Rein
10. Cooper
11. Creagh
12. Thompson
13. De Bellin
14. Stockwell
15. Frizzel
16. Matthews
17. Ah Mau / Harrison

I like the team but I will switch creagh and merrin as creagh is playing better in
The front row. Ah mau and Harrison is a no no. They are slow motion and have no idea.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
yep, this team still looks like it is Price coached.
Mary took over and improved things but only cause Price was just utterly pathetic.
Mary is just Price mark 2,not much difference.

TheRev

Coach
Atleast were out of our misery not and can focus on getting the squad ready for 2015.

Had numerous opportunities to put Penrith to the sword, but our cohesion has gone backwards in the last few weeks, the whole side is kick-happy, it cant be a coincidence but its not working, even Creagh got in on the action today.

pinkmoon

Juniors
sometimes I forget that Merrin is still in the team...he was developing into an 80 minute powerhouse at one stage, and now he is just another bench forward.

Dugan/Marshall/Ah Mau all defending down the right edge; this lot might as well roll out the red carpet, or erect a sign that says "open for business" because it's such an inviting corridor for opposition attackers.

Last edited:

GT0007

Juniors
Atleast were out of our misery not and can focus on getting the squad ready for 2015.

Had numerous opportunities to put Penrith to the sword, but our cohesion has gone backwards in the last few weeks, the whole side is kick-happy, it cant be a coincidence but its not working, even Creagh got in on the action today.

The kick happy thing the last 2 weeks is insane. You could understand on the last tackle but we are kicking on the 3rd or 4th over and over. Prior to that Marshalls kicking game had been pretty good but now he is dropping bombs on the 30mtre line, what is with that? In my book going back 4 weeks we have lost the games I pencilled in while I was hoping to jag at least one of them. Now with the results from other games and our differential I don't think we'll make it even if we win all 4 remaining games. So as you say we are out of our misery but hopefully they give us some enjoyment.

I thought Rein was probably our best player today and even though Au Mau made 1 dreadful lapse in D he also didnt get very much good ball but bent the line constantly and made a few half breaks. Creagh had an awesome 1st spell and Merrin and Thompson had a few good runs. JDB was good and pulled off some good tackles as always and the one that got Hunt on report cut the guy in half.

For some reason we stopped moving off our line and Panther's were making 60-70mtre sets reguarly which is crazy. I really think our defense did our attack no favours today and the Panthers were very good as you would expect of a team now running equal 2nd.

Latest posts