What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons team Vs Titans

TruSaint

Referee
Ah Mau has not got the man of the matches on here. Don't they consider defense when handing out their awards.

Ummmm, pretty sure the quote from Dugan was "players -Player".
But what the hell would he know :roll:

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
“Personally, I’m enjoying playing the centres and that combination along the left edge between myself, Nightingale, Ah Mau and Marshall is getting stronger with each week we all play together.
“Leeson in particular has been playing some great footy over the last few weeks and I think he’s gotten two of the last three man-of-the-matches for us.
“He keeps improving every week and really becoming a better player.

Um........aren't that playing right edge? Sure Dugan wasn't talking about Thompson on the left edge?

TruSaint

Referee
?Personally, I?m enjoying playing the centres and that combination along the left edge between myself, Nightingale, Ah Mau and Marshall is getting stronger with each week we all play together.
?Leeson in particular has been playing some great footy over the last few weeks and I think he?s gotten two of the last three man-of-the-matches for us.
?He keeps improving every week and really becoming a better player.

Um........aren't that playing right edge? Sure Dugan wasn't talking about Thompson on the left edge?

Read again mate.
Unless Im wrong Im sure he mentions Ah Mau as "man of the match".
But then again, read it as you will. :crazy:

Mr Red

First Grade
Left edge....lol
Ah mau playing great....lol
Combinations forming ....lol

Somebody blood test Dugan , he's on the breezers again...

Cagey Mac

Bench
I have looked twice at the Raiders game Red.
Au Mau wasn't bad at all.
Bias may be clouding your judgment mate

Mr Red

First Grade

No doubting over the seasons ah mau pulls out a half decent game now and then...for example when a contract is on offer he played about 4 decent ones in a row.
However one good game every now and then simply doesn't cut it for me. That's not first grade standard.
And the real concern is that there are still the same issues with his game now as when he first signed... Ie lack of stamina, lack of lateral movement in defence, and silly mistakes ..

hardbaby

Coach

Yeah man. If I was to look back through my 3.2.1 voting over the last 6 weeks, Ah Mau would be right up there. And I watch every game at least twice (even the losses). Sure he makes some mistakes but that is one improving footballer. In a year where we have struggled up front he has powered out the metres and hits hard in defence. I don't get the negativity on this forum sometimes. Move him to prop and he has a future.

GT0007

Juniors
Yeah man. If I was to look back through my 3.2.1 voting over the last 6 weeks, Ah Mau would be right up there. And I watch every game at least twice (even the losses). Sure he makes some mistakes but that is one improving footballer. In a year where we have struggled up front he has powered out the metres and hits hard in defence. I don't get the negativity on this forum sometimes. Move him to prop and he has a future.

He does need to improve his lateral defense but he's doing pretty well in most areas. He does cop too much crap in this forum and while he's deserved it on ocassions he gets very little acknowledgement when he plays well. I didn't hear anyone mention Beale in regard to the 1st Canberra try when he was just as much responsible as Au Mau. He's making good metres and bending the line when he gets poor ball and has defenders in his face

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee

Agreed. :D

jenninga

First Grade
Read again mate.
Unless Im wrong Im sure he mentions Ah Mau as "man of the match".
But then again, read it as you will. :crazy:

Like we say many times ,players waffle on when talking to the media because they have to.

jenninga

First Grade
No doubting over the seasons ah mau pulls out a half decent game now and then...for example when a contract is on offer he played about 4 decent ones in a row.
However one good game every now and then simply doesn't cut it for me. That's not first grade standard.
And the real concern is that there are still the same issues with his game now as when he first signed... Ie lack of stamina, lack of lateral movement in defence, and silly mistakes ..

You forgot his no passing game where a backline move stops as he never offloads.

jenninga

First Grade
He does need to improve his lateral defense but he's doing pretty well in most areas. He does cop too much crap in this forum and while he's deserved it on ocassions he gets very little acknowledgement when he plays well. I didn't hear anyone mention Beale in regard to the 1st Canberra try when he was just as much responsible as Au Mau. He's making good metres and bending the line when he gets poor ball and has defenders in his face

He's 120 kg and never puts his body on the line which he should have done and your saying Beale should have done more.He makes metres playing backrow which you would expect running at centres and in space,but predictably never passes.
Remember his pathetic attempt at defending v Penrith the week before,how much more pathetic defending do you want to put up with saying he needs to improve,he's been with us for 2 going on 3 years.

jenninga

First Grade

He played prop last year ,so obviously doesn't have a future there.

GT0007

Juniors
He's 120 kg and never puts his body on the line which he should have done and your saying Beale should have done more.He makes metres playing backrow which you would expect running at centres and in space,but predictably never passes.
Remember his pathetic attempt at defending v Penrith the week before,how much more pathetic defending do you want to put up with saying he needs to improve,he's been with us for 2 going on 3 years.

lol Jenninga I know your feelings on Au Mau and thats why I said sometimes he deserves the crap you give him but its one dimensional as you don't give him any credit when due. The last 2 weeks he had 3 bad lapses in defense which were just soft but at the same time he was making some difficult metres for us. In regard to Beale missing the tackle....if it was Rein or Quinlan the forum would be up in arms. He was just as responsible as Au Mau but Au Mau was singled out and as far as I'm concerned it was a poor effort by both. BTW Au Mau is 112kg last I saw

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I'd put Ah Mau on the bench and only bring him on to play front row, instructing him to run those same angled runs that weyman used to when he was coming off the bench fo us last year.

Thompson needs to be that tough right edge player we have missed since scott left.

Latest posts