What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Broncos - round 15

Willow

Assistant Moderator
NRL Dragons
v Brisbane Broncos
7:30pm Friday 16 June
Suncorp Stadium
Coach: Nathan Brown
1. Clint GREENSHIELDS
2. Colin BEST
3. Mark GASNIER
4. Matt COOPER
5. Brett MORRIS
6. Ben HORNBY (c)
7. Mathew HEAD
8. Luke BAILEY
9. Dean YOUNG
10. Justin POORE
11. Sam ISEMONGER
12. Ben CREAGH
13. Matt BICKERSTAFF
14. Michael HENDERSON
15. Jason RYLES
16. Danny WICKS
17. Aaron GORRELL

Broncos: Karmichael Hunt, Tame Tupou, Justin Hodges, Brent Tate, Darius Boyd, Darren Lockyer, Shane Perry, David Stagg, Corey Parker, Dane Carlaw, Petero Civoniceva, Shaun Berrigan, Shane Webcke
Interchange: Brad Thorn, Ben Hannant, Sam Thaiday, Ian Lacey, Greg Eastwood, Casey McGuire, Brett Seymour (three to be omitted)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
St George Illawarra Dragons have named their Premier League side to take on the Canberra Raiders this Sunday at Oki Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah.

The Dragons Jersey Flegg team have the bye this week.

Premier League Dragons
v Canberra Raiders
2:00pm Sunday 18 June
Oki Jubilee Stadium
Coach: Steven Price
1. Jason NIGHTINGALE
2. Bryson GOODWIN
3. Daryl MILLARD
4. Keith LULIA
5. Reece SIMMONDS
6. Richard WILLIAMS
7. Chris SHEPPARD (c)
8. Charlie LEAENO
9. George NDAIRA
10. Chris HOUSTON (c)
11. Tom HABERECHT
12. Lee TE MAARI
13. Aaron WHEATLEY
14. Jamie DUNNING
15. Willie TUPOU
16. Lagi SETU
17. Reece BLAYNEY
18. James JIMENEZ
19. Jess CAINE
20. Brad DAVIDSON

WWW.JUBILEEAVENUE.COM.AU

Collateral

Coach
First grade looks very solid throughout...hopefully we can take advantage of it being origin time.

Premier League is looking very strong.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Charlie. I think we can safely assume that Souths will win the spoon this year also.

That and Melbourne should make the 8.

Kangaroo2

Juniors
It appears Poore has been rewarded for his good form with a starting position over Jason Ryles.

Last year I wasn't impressed with Poore but there is no doubt in my mind that this year he has been our best forward. I heard he is coming off contract next year, are the dragons taking any steps to secure him?

Godz Illa

Coach
Is Hodges a possible Origin casualty? Seemed ok after injuring his leg but he finished the match on the bench.

Wobbygong

First Grade
State of Origin hero Justin Hodges is in serious doubt for Brisbane's NRL showdown with St George Illawarra at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow night.

Hodges - who grabbed a long-range intercept try in Queensland's 30-6 Origin win last night - and fullback Karmichael Hunt, who made his Origin debut, are both under injury clouds. Coach Wayne Bennett today ruled out winger Tame Tupou with a leg injury and forward Corey Parker from the clash.

Brent Tate, another Origin player backing up, moves onto the wing for Tupou with Shaun Berrigan shifting from hooker to the centres. Utility Casey McGuire will come off the bench and play hooker.

Ribs

Bench
I feel like Ive been living under a rock...... Whats Head doing playing? Whats happened?

A player coming back earlier than anticipated? At St George?

:crazy:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
^^ It's usually followed by him being reinjured and missing the rest of the season though :p

Tough luck for the Broncs. Still, the Qlders will be riding high after their win on Wednesday night; I doubt we'll get them easy. Especially since they'll be wanting blood after we topped them earlier this year.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And last year at Lang Park as well.

Make no mistake, the fact that Saints have owned the Broncos for the last two outings is going to be drummed into them by Bennett. His hatred for St George goes way back... and the feeling is mutual. :)

Should be a ripper of a match. No quarter asked, no quarter given.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ennis swaps boots for clipboard

June 15, 2006

INJURED Brisbane hooker Michael Ennis might not be taking the field against St George-Illawarra tomorrow night but he is plotting to bring down his former club with the clipboard.

Ennis, who tore the cruciate ligament in his left knee against South Sydney in round five, took on a coaching role at training this week as the Broncos prepared for their Suncorp Stadium clash with the Dragons.

Ennis, who played for the Dragons last year, worked extensively with the forwards and stood next to coach Wayne Bennett as the team completed ruck plays towards the end of the session.

The 22-year-old hooker was quite animated in his instructions, which included tactical advice on how to beat the Dragons.

Ennis said Brisbane's halves and hookers had been crabbing across field in recent matches, making their runners easy to defend.

He said he wanted to help them get back to the direct style they had practised at the start of the season.

"It's common knowledge that the straighter and squarer you play the more you force the defence to think and the more you can create," he said.
"We've been tending to play a bit sideways of late.

"A lot of teams these days play up-and-in defence, so if you are going sideways it's simple to shut down."

Ennis believed the Dragons could be susceptible behind the play-the-ball because they had big forwards who tired easily.

The Broncos have named Shaun Berrigan at hooker for Friday's match, with either Ian Lacey or Casey McGuire to come off the bench.

The Daily Telegraph

11Straight

Juniors
I believe he has basically told us how to beat them,I mean their forwards are no spring chickens we have a very youthful and mobile pack and if we can get quick play of the balls i think we can steamroll them up the middle plus they have a few backing up from origin.