What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Faiders

Steel Dragon

Bench
This looms as a good game - Raiders with a few wins under their belt are likely to be a little complacent - and this is a win we desperately need to make a legitimate shot at the minor premiership.

Plus i can smell the irony laced with the prospect that the Dragons might hopefully inflict Woolford with a career ending injury, preventing him from befouling our club next year.

Should be a cracker of a match!

Raiders_mat

Juniors
Hay Steel Dragon, Give us some respect. We have won 3 golden point games this year. Dont look like the faiders to me.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
SD - Canberra over the last 5 or 6 seasons have been a real bogey team for us. Not to mention the fact we're playing them at home, where they always seem to grow an extra leg or 2. If anyone has the potential to suffer from complacency it's us. Not a game I'm taking lightly at all. We'll need to be switched on for this one.

Timbo

Staff member
Don't write us off yet.

We're largely at full strength at the moment and are running with a full head of steam.

You need it to have a shot at the minor premiership-we need it for the 8.

I think you'll see us playing with more urgency and desperation.

phonetic

Juniors
I'll be leaving Hurstville HQ about 9am to pick up my sensational girlfriend from Ashfield then downnnnnnnn to Canberra.

Very important game. I really like the Raiders, they have a forward pack who will be very strong if still together in a year or two. If I could have any young forward in a St George jersey it would be Tom Leahroyd Lars, this kid would come on in leaps and bounds at Kogarah.

Should be a good game.. very dangerous one for us. Hopefully we come away with the 2 points.

The Preacher

First Grade
If the withdrawal symtoms get too bad, or if the little "tacka" badgers me enough, I might just make the trip down to the capital. I haven't ventured there before.
I might pick-up some fireworks and "family style" video's while I'm in town. :)

Dragons_#1

Bench
Preacher...... they are only sell fireworks on the queen's birthday long weekend... but the family videos are still an option haha!

Steel Dragon

Bench
Raiders_mat said:
Hay Steel Dragon, Give us some respect. We have won 3 golden point games this year. Dont look like the faiders to me.

Nah - you guys are doing ok this year. But most non-Raider following canberrans call 'em the Faiders - like the Sydney Rooters its just a name.

ps anyone that comes to the game - Ill be the fool in the circa 1991 Steelers retro jersey freezing my arse off!

The Preacher

First Grade
Steel Dragon said:
Most non-Raider following canberrans call 'em the Faiders - like the Sydney Rooters its just a name.

Which is different to "The Scum from The Swamp", which is more than a name, it's a curse, and is reserved solely for "The Scum from The Swamp"
Up, Up, Cronulla - You're filthy, you're dirty - you're SCUM.:shock:

Dakink

Bench
Im liking the look of Santa back in the 6 shirt.

As Crowe said;

Unleash hell - or something along those lines - just dont get yourself damn well hurt or suspended again!

Steel Dragon

Bench
the news (ch 7) is that baz is in gaz is out (or is at least struggling) for sunday's game v the green machine.

skeepe

Immortal
For those coming down:

raiders_100.gif
...V.....
dragons_200.gif

Sunday July 23 2006
3:00pm at Canberra Stadium
OFFER TO CANBERRA VISITORS
The Quality Hotel Dickson, proud supporters of the Raiders in 2006, extends the following offer to Canberra visitors on the weekend of July 22-23, 2006:
Overnight Package

4 Star Accommodation
Fully Cooked Buffet Breakfast for each person
Inner Bowl Ticket to the big game for each person
Canberra Tradesman’s Union Club Drink Voucher per person
20 “Tradies” Dollars per room to be used in adjoining Club
Single Rate: $158.00 per room
Double/Twin Rate: $184.00 per room
Family Rate (2A/2C): $246.00 per room
Extra Child: $ 41.00 per room
Extra Adult: $ 46.00 per room
Extra Night(s):