What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS V. KNIGHTS: RD 5 ~ Post Match Discussion

Yosh

Coach
waow... knights rock eh... its such a pity we had to lose last week, coz then next week would of been top 2 undefeated teams going at each other for top spot... but still with our outstanding for and against if we win next week we will be 1st anyways! good effort on the boys!

strewth_mate

Bench
Got 'em. Finally put the Dragons to the sword after too long. Shame about the last try, but I'll concede 6 points before 32 any day. I'm probably happier with the 20 minutes at the start than anything else, getting back to showing what we're capable of in defence.

This game doesn't necessarily prove anything considering last week, the media will be all about Joey again and perhaps deservedly so. Next week will show us where we're at.

In short - is a happy man.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Johns is the second highest scorer in Australian League history!

Magnificent display from the boys!

thuganomics

Coach
That is the best peformance I have seen from the Knights since 2001 against the Broncos at EAS.

They were on absolute fire in attack, but their defence was amazing. How they kept the Dragons scoreless in that first half I will never know. Johns was dominating all night, and Matt Gidley can't be far of another Rep jersey. Now that he has a few games under his belt in a row he is probably in the form of his career.

Jedda

Juniors
Honestly, who has 43 sets in a game. Granted we only completed 33 but considering we starved Saints of the ball for large portions of the game I thought the Knights had a brilliant attack plan and their defense certainly stood up at crucial times and in the first half defending repeat sets.

I am stoked, just one of those magical nights when everything seems to stick and Johns makes football look easy.

cram

Bench
The best part of this result is the 6 points the Dragons scored....i kept waiting for the Knights to go to sleep...

Timbo

Staff member
Well done guys. That was fantastic.

That was as clinical a dissection of any team I've ever seen.

And even though you whaled us, hey, at least we put 32 on you!

It will take a superhuman team to deny your team a premiership IMO.

thuganomics

Coach
Joey only needs 69 points to surpass Jason Taylors record for most points in the NRL. His goal kicking so far this season has been surperb!

Jono078

Referee
Yeah, we now have the 3rd best defence and the best attack, and we are playing the team with the best defence and 3rd best attack next week.

Should be a cracker!

I didnt get to see this game properly, but cant wait to watch the replay of it :).

Ben

Bench
What a great game of football. For my beloved Knights anyway. I knew that we can attack with the best of them in the competition, but I really did not know that our team was capable of putting on 50 against the Dragons. In addition, how good was our defence? Kept one of the best attacking teams scoreless for 79 minutes.

Notable mentions have to go to Buderus and Carmont. Buderus was absolutely amazing with his runs from dummy-half. He doesn't run very often but when he does, it is either a try for an outside man, he gets through a gap himself, or he scores himself.

thuganomics

Coach
Carmonts defence was on fire today. He made all the right decisions and hardly missed a tackle from what I saw. He's a new man in 2006.

Rod

Bench
Not much else to say, absolutely awesome effort from the boys, some absolutely sublime attack backed up with gutsy defence.