What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons vs St Helens

carltonsouth79

First Grade
We deserve to be in front - and would be if not for the BS penalties. Considering we are a travelling rugby league shitshow playing against the defending SL premiers I think the effort is encouraging.
The opposition still seems to make easy yards compared to us but maybe some of that comes down to how far offside they're continually allowed to be.
PS - Hip drop my ass.
Some good points. Excellent completion rate, some of the young guys have played well. Mbye has been very good for mine

hook hook

Juniors
Can I just say this is a trial match
So trial your players hook you donkey. You have an actual 5/8 not a hooker riding the pine and players vying for top 30 spots not getting a run at all

thebigredv

First Grade
I know it's a trial and we are missing a few players but it just seems like more of the same for me.

I hope I'm proven wrong.
Really warn anyone from coming to any conclusions during trial season.
It's all a bit of experiment and fun.
Mind you, for mine, the season was already run and lost in the off season thanks to poor recruitment.

For a team like ours i'd say the more losses we get in pre season the better. Need to start the season proper under the radar to sneak some wins.

It looks like we might have some useful young blokes waiting in the wings but honestly, there's a huge difference being a young debutant in a team like the Panthers or Storm compared to a young bloke blooded in a team like the Dragons who are a confidence team devoid of skill.

thebigredv

First Grade
Our youngsters look hungry, happy to see that they're enthusiastic and loving their footy.

On a side note, Tautau Moga has the lowest footy IQ I've seen and probably shouldn't play first grade again
Get set for great disappointment courtesy of A. Griffin.
As soon as we lose a winger or centre, Moga straight in. Meanwhile those hungry youngsters find another club.

One thing I've noticed about Griffin, he is very hesitant to see young players work it out for themselves and make mistakes in first grade. While you can somewhat understand that, he lets the particular experienced players do the same week in, week out without penalty.

rasaint

Juniors
So the SL champion team plays a thrown together Dragons outfit and wins 30 to 18 ( whoops do). Most of their try’s came from soft penalty piggybacks down the field

If Panthers put their best side on they will thrash St Helens.

Couchman guy looks strong.