What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons vs storms (make it or break it)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Funny mary said defence is good.
Hello mary do something about the attack you are the one whon has to fix ' it .
What a shame after a good time winning six
I usually go to kogarah but not next week
Jeff, I've got the shits too but it's not the fault of our home ground. We have a long history, and Kogarah is such important part of our heritage. We should never turn our back on Jubilee, particularly right now when the Oval needs us more than ever.

Some things are just more important than one team, one coach, one CEO and one season.

And besides, we are going to win next week. I guarantee it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So we were tipped for the spoon (by a lot of our supporters as well) which is fair enough
I am unaware of these "lots of our supporters" who were tipping us for the spoon. Who in particular? Yeah, I think you exaggerate. But that's OK, these are frustrating time. But Jus, it is not the fault of the supporters either.

STGI

Juniors
Considering we have let in 92 points in 4 games that's anything but good. Not sure what game Mary was looking at.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We blew it yet again...as well as lifting morale we needed this win to go back into the 8 especially with the Warriors getting thumped and The Dogs and the Sharks playing each other.....was like others on here laying the blame with our forwards each week for not paving the way for our halves to generate something but now I cant continue to do that with AhMau, Cooper and Creagh busting their arses each week only to be let down with Marshall & Widdops poor attacking options and kicks...when I saw Marshalls kick go into the arms of Smith when he was on the ground I thought that will do me...also Thompson and Frizzel are nowhere near the players they were before their injuries and are clearly lacking in match fitness....even if through some miracle we were to make the 8 cant see us getting past the first week....very disappointing.

hazzbeen

Bench
Considering we have let in 92 points in 4 games that's anything but good. Not sure what game Mary was looking at.

x2.......We were rubbish, In attack they are standing flat....when they spread the ball no depth, dummy half service from Rein terrible, Marshall Widdop no bonding what so ever,Duggan is no ball player just a hard runner and has become easy target because they know he dose not pass the ball........Definitely no long range tries in us ...... defence is going backwards also...... Have we improved for me not really.... Very disappointing loosing 7 games straight....Knights next week is no certainty.........Some thing has to change, Mary has to find what that is.........

giboz71

First Grade
We blew it yet again...as well as lifting morale we needed this win to go back into the 8 especially with the Warriors getting thumped and The Dogs and the Sharks playing each other.....was like others on here laying the blame with our forwards each week for not paving the way for our halves to generate something but now I cant continue to do that with AhMau, Cooper and Creagh busting their arses each week only to be let down with Marshall & Widdops poor attacking options and kicks...when I saw Marshalls kick go into the arms of Smith when he was on the ground I thought that will do me...also Thompson and Frizzel are nowhere near the players they were before their injuries and are clearly lacking in match fitness....even if through some miracle we were to make the 8 cant see us getting past the first week....very disappointing.

That's the thing, our perceived weakness was always our forward pack, yet for most part, they have been outstanding. Let's face it, Cooper, Ah Mau, Creagh and co are solid first graders at best, but they have usually held their own against star studded packs. Our defence and completion rates have generally been very good.

It's our star studded spine that has let us down.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
About 14 months ago, the writing was on the wall for Steve Price. It was after we lost 6 of the previous 7 games... and we were leaking points, ie getting belted on the scoreboard. Price was the most hated man south of the Cooks River.

For the record, we have just lost 7 games in a row. This is the worse losing streak in the history of the Joint Venture. The previous was 6 games: Link, RL Tables

For the longest losing streaks in the Club's history we have to go back to 1926...
[SIZE=-1]St George
8 matches 3 July - 28 August 1926 Link: Jubileeavenue.com.au

Illawarra has a losing streak there of 11 matches in 1988 but let's not talk about that.

Just trying to put this in perspective. The fact remains, the Club and JV board are currently breaking records in the wrong direction. It should be unacceptable.

[/SIZE]

Last edited:

saint_jus

Bench
I am unaware of these "lots of our supporters" who were tipping us for the spoon. Who in particular? Yeah, I think you exaggerate. But that's OK, these are frustrating time. But Jus, it is not the fault of the supporters either.

Perhaps I do exaggerate, but my point stands, highlighting how fickle our supporters are. Its ridiculous.

Anyway, I don't blame the supporters, but I believe in showing a bit of faith and not giving up on the boys when we are going through a tough period. To me they've had a crack in every game this season. For some that may not be enough, and if we had a squad like the Roosters or Souths I'd agree but we don't. We are short in a lot of areas. But after watching the shit we threw up last year then so far I'm content and I'll reserve my final judgment until after the season, as we are still in contention for the 8 so theres something there to play for.

FlameThrower

Bench
Very disappointing to see the team, completely drop off like this, what is going on at training, gods sake, we need improvements just about every part of the game? Really out for words, but really everything has fallen apart.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Like I said last week after the bunnies game, we just don't get those important 1 percenters right at crucial times during a game.
Marshall's bomb falls 10 meters out from their goal line. But cronks bomb lands right on the goal line.
Our low kick in the ingoal goes over the dead ball line. Storms ball is perfectly weighted and we're trapped ingoal. And when we get the kick right, the storm get out of the ingoal!
To compete in this comp, you need to get those plays right, their is no excuse. The blame lays squarely on Marshall and widdop.

Remember the excuses last year? "oh they need an offseason to gel". What rubbish. We need a halfback with a strong kicking game and a strong running 5/8 next to him. I'm so over these players and coaches who think a half can play 5/8 and a second rower can play centre etc. Time to get back to basics.

saintjeff

Juniors
Even if we bt knights what will that achieve nothing because we are both crap
we were confident earlier on now we couldnt beat a park team

FlameThrower

Bench
Even if we bt knights what will that achieve nothing because we are both crap
we were confident earlier on now we couldnt beat a park team

We are in deep trouble financially hence selling out our home games, Salary Cap pressure, which for the life of me I can't believe it's true? Terrible performance over last 4 years, and we need to stop sugar coating things. We keep getting the next year will be better, but frankly I'm over that .... Big question mark on coaching staff now, excuses are over, I can't cop a defeat when the team looks to be just going thru the motions, something is very wrong at our Club, that has caused this massive drop in performance...

BTW where is the #SOS Twitter campaign? That needs to be fired up, as the current team can't fire up....with these embarrassing performances?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
About 14 months ago, the writing was on the wall for Steve Price. It was after we lost 6 of the previous 7 games... and we were leaking points, ie getting belted on the scoreboard. Price was the most hated man south of the Cooks River.

For the record, we have just lost 7 games in a row. This is the worse losing streak in the history of the Joint Venture. The previous was 6 games: Link, RL Tables

For the longest losing streaks in the Club's history we have to go back to 1926...
[SIZE=-1]St George
8 matches 3 July - 28 August 1926 Link: Jubileeavenue.com.au

Illawarra has a losing streak there of 11 matches in 1988 but let's not talk about that.

Just trying to put this in perspective. The fact remains, the Club and JV board are currently breaking records in the wrong direction. It should be unacceptable.

[/SIZE]

Are you saying McGregor should be sacked?
If so, who as a replacement?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We are in deep trouble financially hence selling out our home games, Salary Cap pressure, which for the life of me I can't believe it's true? Terrible performance over last 4 years, and we need to stop sugar coating things. We keep getting the next year will be better, but frankly I'm over that .... Big question mark on coaching staff now, excuses are over, I can't cop a defeat when the team looks to be just going thru the motions as you say, something is very wrong at our Club, that has caused this massive drop in performance...

BTW where is the #SOS Twitter campaign? That needs to be fired up, as the current team can't fire up....with these embarrassing performances?

You make some valid points...I like you am getting sick and tired of hearing and thinking next year....barring some injuries theres something really admiss with our performances as a club lately.....just been watching teams like The Roosters, Souths and Brisbane etc and their blokes look to be running with purpose and determination whilst most of our team look to be just going through the motions...cant for the life of me see how a team can go this badly so quickly....

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I reckon some of you need to go for a walk in the fresh air.
I've seen some lame posts in my day and there's some doozies coming out now.
SOS :lol:
Go out for lunch, go have a drink...take your kids to the park,...or a strip joint. Go throw rocks at abandoned factory windows. Go spray paint a big 'Red V Till I Die' somewhere near Belmore. Send the Fifita's a couple of Twitter pics of clowns or handcuffs ! Phone a Parra or Tigers supporting mate and have a laugh at his club, you'll feel better for it...get away from the forum if it's that depressing for you.
Lighten up, it's not the end of the world and stop beating yourselves up over it.
Go put on your finest Dragons jersey and wear it with pride. Dust yourself off and get back on that horse soldier boy.
We're mostly all hurting to some degree.
Come on lads...smile (just trying to lighten the mood a little)

getsmarty

Immortal
Go out for lunch, go have a drink...take your kids to the park,...or a strip joint. Go throw rocks at abandoned factory windows. Go spray paint a big 'Red V Till I Die' somewhere near Belmore. Send the Fifita's a couple of Twitter pics of clowns or handcuffs ! Phone a Parra or Tigers supporting mate and have a laugh at his club, you'll feel better for it...get away from the forum if it's that depressing for you.
Lighten up, it's not the end of the world and stop beating yourselves up over it.
Go put on your finest Dragons jersey and wear it with pride. Dust yourself off and get back on that horse soldier boy.

Well said.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Are you saying McGregor should be sacked?
Are you saying it shouldn't be discussed?

But you should read all my post.

I was making a comparison with the situation 14 months ago when Price's position became untenable. Shoot the messenger if you like but the facts I posted are pretty clear. Seven consecutive losses is not a record anyone wants.

The final point in my post, which I believed you missed, is that the Club appoints the coaches and they are therefore ultimately responsible. In the last 13-15 years, the Club's record in this area has been wrong most of the time. They need a shake up.

This needs another thread.
Jubileeboy said:
If so, who as a replacement?
Are you saying we have no choice?

Seriously, that is one of poorest counter arguments I have ever seen. I know it has been used often but fmd if it isn't just asking us all to bend over.

And it's an illogical argument to boot. It's like demanding proof of something that can't be seen, to prove a negative.

Do you honestly think that there are no other coaches out there? I mean, just because you haven't thought of them? It is the height of arrogance to suggest that we know all the potentials.

In 1995 we had one coach quit, and then a second. The Club had to dig deep and put out the feelers, neccessity being the mother of invention.

And they did good.

They found a third coach option who wasn't on the radar of most supporters. David Waite. As it turned out, this was a wise coaching appointment.

So to say there is no one else is just plain bs. It just takes more gumption and less politics.

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Are you saying it shouldn't be discussed?

But you should read all my post.

I was making a comparison with the situation 14 months ago when Price's position became untenable. Shoot the messenger if you like but the facts I posted are pretty clear. Seven consecutive losses is not a record anyone wants.

The final point in my post, which I believed you missed, is that the Club appoints the coaches and they are therefore ultimately responsible. In the last 13-15 years, the Club's record in this area has been wrong most of the time. They need a shake up.

This needs another thread.Are you saying we have no choice?

Seriously, that is one of poorest counter arguments I have ever seen. I know it has been used often but fmd if it isn't just asking us all to bend over.

And it's an illogical argument to boot. It's like demanding proof of something that can't be seen, to prove a negative.

Do you honestly think that there are no other coaches out there? I mean, just because you haven't thought of them? It is the height of arrogance to suggest that we know all the potentials.

In 1995 we had one coach quit, and then a second. The Club had to dig deep and put out the feelers, neccessity being the mother of invention.

And they did good.

They found a third coach option who wasn't on the radar of most supporters. David Waite. As it turned out, this was a wise coaching appointment.

So to say there is no one else is just plain bs. It just takes more gumption and less politics.

Good reply Willow you make a lot of sense

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

I still wear my Dragons jersey with pride....but can you come with me to find some abandoned factory windows as I cant throw anymore.

Latest posts