What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drastic Change of opinion?

Who do the haterz hate more?

• Total voters

BunniesMan

Immortal
I agree they were. It was sad to see them go but impressive that they lasted nearly 100 years.

Anyway it's nice that Russell Crowe created his own tribute club so the old Souths fans who lost their team would have someone to follow.

Here's hoping the new Souths club can win as many premierships as the old one. How many was it? 19?
Ignore this troll guys. He's obviously fishing for a response. He doesn't actually believe what he says. Noone could be that stupid...

Jeff L

Juniors
I'm waiting to see if Souffs fall in another hole this year.

Long live chequebook Rugby league.

I'm also waiying to se if they try to fit Sam Burgess's brother under the cap.:D

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm waiting to see if Souffs fall in another hole this year.

Long live chequebook Rugby league.

I'm also waiying to se if they try to fit Sam Burgess's brother under the cap.:D
We did just release Simpson. We can afford George Burgess.

Also how is it chequebook rugby league when our chequebook, for players salaries at least, is exactly as big as everyone elses....

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
It is logical that Souths should be hated for something that happened in 1909. For that they should be the most hated team in the comp. Even worse than ruining the last couple of seasons by cheating the salary cap or ruining a whole competition and having teams shafted by wanting to start your own comp or by having a whole SOO team under the cap.

Jeff L

Juniors
Grew up in Zetland did he?

CTRL-X

Bring on Sonny Bill!!!

THat's who he's going for now.

Courtesy of the world's best boxer and biggest farkwit Antony Mundine.

Souffs. Pride of the league. They're not going to buy a premiership. born & $bred.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
It is logical that Souths should be hated for something that happened in 1909. For that they should be the most hated team in the comp. Even worse than ruining the last couple of seasons by cheating the salary cap or ruining a whole competition and having teams shafted by wanting to start your own comp or by having a whole SOO team under the cap.
I wonder if Parra and Storm fans will be going hammer and tongs over their cheating in recent grand finals in 2114?

Souths fans, why would Balmain not show up to a GF knowing they would forfeit the game and hand the premiership to Souths? And if they thought they could not beat Souths, why did they not forfeit in 1969 when they were totally outclassed on paper?

And if Souths non-continuous run in he comp does not harm their claim to be over 100 years old, does that mean Parra and Newcastle are also foundation clubs?

BunniesMan

Immortal
I wonder if Parra and Storm fans will be going hammer and tongs over their cheating in recent grand finals in 2114?
This has nothing to do with cheating. I'm not accusing Balmain of being cheats, I'm accusing them of being unaustralian traitors who chucked a tanty and tried to kill the league in it's infancy.
Souths fans, why would Balmain not show up to a GF knowing they would forfeit the game and hand the premiership to Souths? And if they thought they could not beat Souths, why did they not forfeit in 1969 when they were totally outclassed on paper?
To have a grand final you need two teams to compete. They thought without a real game happening that it would send the NSWRL broke, well it turns out they made just enough money to get by..

And if Souths non-continuous run in he comp does not harm their claim to be over 100 years old, does that mean Parra and Newcastle are also foundation clubs?
They'd be foundation clubs if it was the same club. We weren't in the comp for 2 years but we came back as the exact same club. Not a different club with a similar name. The exact same club.

Galeforce

Bench
Too many folks here continue to have a chook raffle mentalily and they can if they want and if they feel good attacking Souths , good luck to them. Being newsworthy increases the marketing value of Souths to sponsors.

As for Crowe , good luck to him , and i can only assume , the knockers, are really jealous . As for buying a team consider what Crowe is actually doing
a) brings Sam Burgess from the Super league ( reversing trend)
b) brings out his young brother George ( how many players who have not yet made UK Superleague have been bought to NRL toyota cup to develop?)
c) ensures Inglis was not lost to AFL
d) SBW , well i will believe it when i see it , however again a major trend reversal from Union.
e) Ben Ross , a chance to resurrect his career after a major career ending injury.

As for other buys Asotasi ( Souths or Roosters) , Crocker ( could not get a visa for Superleague) , Wesser ( twilight of his career), Dave Taylor (signed when could not make Brisbane top team) , Lowe ( signed when in Cowboys feeder team)

Oh yes and coming from Souths Toyota cup -- Farrell,Sandow,Clark, Luke
Other Souths Juniors - sutton, Merrit, talanoa,Peddybourne,Shannon mcpherson, Faloon.
playing with Souths since 2002 - Stuart/Geddes

So knock Crowe , knock Souths , can only assume you are jealous of the direction Souths are heading.

It is an old saying and right now i think we are heading into period of justification. When Souths are doing well the game is doing well.
The haters will come to see Souths play , hoping to see them get smashed. that is great.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This has nothing to do with cheating. I'm not accusing Balmain of being cheats, I'm accusing them of being unaustralian traitors who chucked a tanty and tried to kill the league in it's infancy.
What? Did they sell state secrets to Kaiser Bill? Shows much about your pitiful character that the best you can do is to slander long dead men without any evidence from the comfort of your keyboard. Say what you like about the balmain club but to accuse the players as treacherous is a woeful display by an unknowledgeable gimp.

rupertpupkin

Juniors

And that they're reverse vampires? The vast Balmain daywalker conspiracy against souffs makes so much more sense.

To have a grand final you need two teams to compete.

So, the 1909 "premiership" doesn't count, as there was no GF.

BunniesMan

Immortal
What? Did they sell state secrets to Kaiser Bill? Shows much about your pitiful character that the best you can do is to slander long dead men without any evidence from the comfort of your keyboard. Say what you like about the balmain club but to accuse the players as treacherous is a woeful display by an unknowledgeable gimp.
Did they or did they not show up for a scheduled grand final? That by itself makes them unaustralian traitors.

And you'll notice on this thread people have accused Souths (also long dead men) of being unaustralian for backing out of a supposed handshake deal. Those people have no proof of that. Yet I don't hear you bitching about that. So please spare your fake anger, it's not about the "long dead men", it's about your anti souths agenda and you know it. If it was the other way around and Souths tried to convince Balmain to backstab the NSWRL, you'd still be bitching about Souths and praising Balmain for staying loyal.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So, the 1909 "premiership" doesn't count, as there was no GF.
Yes it does you dumb merkin. You know even if Balmain showed up and won that day they still wouldn't have been premiers? There would have been another game the next week and they'v have to win that as well.

For a long period of our early years the system was very different to what is is now. There was many years where there was no GF at all. It was a first past the post system.

Von

Juniors
Mate, we are bagging out a club who had an agreement with another club NOT to play the GF. BOTH clubs agreed. ONE club honoured the deal. ONE club renigned.

If it was the other way around, I would be saying the same thing. Your "everyone hates us" attitude is like when the Broncos first came in. That insular attitude. It can work to galvanish a club. It did work for the Broncos in winning premeirships, but I doubt it will work for your mob.

The Pride of the league. Our hunt for #20, forty years: 1908, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 2011

Latest posts